Old 09-07-2007, 07:04 AM   #1  
KAR

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat TGIF, Sept.7th

Morning Everyone,
All I have to say is TGIF! I can't wait for this weekend to sleep in a little. That will be so nice. When the alarm went off this morning, all I really wanted to do was turn it off and bury my head under my covers and sleep for a little while longer. Oh well, I am up and ready to face the day.
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday. Today is payday for me. I got a new salary increase that starts today. So I am curious to see how much extra I will have in my paycheck.
Did spend time with DH last night. We were asked to go out with our other friends to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. It was nice because I got to be included and had a nice time chatting and laughing with everyone. Did tell him that he was going with me on atleast two walks this weekend. So we will see if that pans out.
GG hope you have a better day today at work. Hope you get your lunch break today. Do you have to work any this weekend or do you have it off?
Shelia you had me rolling with your talk with your ds. I can image what it is going to be like with my stepkids in a few years. Heck maybe they will be the ones to teach my dh and I something new. LOL Hope cousneling goes well when your dh goes next week with your family. Sounds like you have a great counselor!
Hi to everyone else. I will chat with you all later. Have to leave for work now.
Have a great day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..well i did get a 30 min walk with the dog last night. I was planning to go a bit longer, however she got very tired at about 20 min..so i headed back home. I really was tired because normally if i feel tired and i start working out..i'll perk back up...but nope...i was dragging through my whole walk. I originally was going to try to do my yoga...but nothing left. So we'll see. Today there is a second dr at the clinic. So most likely i will get a lunch break. I'm getting worn our already and i have to work saturday too. Luckily Sunday i have off. DH and are are going to have some QT (quality time) together. We are going to go up the road to Amicocola falls in the Chatahoochee National forest...so really looking forward to that. Other that that nothing really exciting to report.

Goddess- hang in there...its going to be tough living without dh for a while...but it will be all right and you'll be ok and things will be so much better for the family

sheila- had to laugh at your story about talking to your kid about sex...lmao...ok i wouldn't want to do it...but good for you. hope your next councling session with dh goes well

kar - hey any chance you and DH are going to have qt time without other people????? that would be nice

alright...got to get my lazy butt moving...bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:49 AM   #3  

I had a somewhat good morning. Got on the scale another 2lb loss making it 5 total this week. Nice since the week before last I saw nothing. I got in 35 mins on my bike and will do upper body later today. Eating has been good. Have any of you heard of calorie cycling? A friend of mine tried it with great results. I guess some professional wrestlers (the real kind) do it to lose weight. Its supposed to go like this. If your regular day is 1200 calories. In a week you might do 1700 2 days, 700 some days, and 1200 some days. Since your body has the flux it does not store the fat. Confuses you metabolism. I know it sounds gimmicky. I have no idea if it works. Im curious though my friend is losing about 5 lb a week now and has lost 50 lbs. She looks great. She also works out an hour a day on a variety of activities. Anyone know anything about this?

BTW, I still love my fit flops. I started everything else at the same time so Im not sure if it is doing anything but I think that they are really comfortable. I will let you all know Sunday if inches are gone. Keep in mind though, I am working out too so the loss could be from anything.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

moring was to tired to turn PC on last night. AN I had to get up at 5:30am

yeah anyways work is work I got 4 knots on my head I hit my head 3 times on weds and then hit it again yesterday.

Boss is going on vac next week an my coworker asked if he could have 2 days off next week due to it being his new years (he's from ethiopa). Plus hes got doc appoints so yeah I'm going to working some long hours for the next 2 weeks but I could use the money but I'll have like 52hrs next an I'll be the only one working.

I swear my work does not make it easy to date. I work Tues thru Fri 10:30am to 7pm and Sat 8 to 4. I got to take a vaction day to go on a date! lmao

I'm kinda of hoping that if/when we get a new hire I can change my days to Mon - Fri. I like my hours but would love to have sats off. I've been working since I was 16 and I've never had a job where I had weekends off. I would be a nice change.

Lisa- there is always passion you just some time have to bait it to come out. It likes to go into hiding. It normally hides behide rough day, worked long hours, bills, an arugements. Things that I have found to bring it out. Hot tubes and jasmine /vanilla candles, full body rubs, leather, peppermint whip cream, watermelon, cookies, paint brushes, and men's button down shirts. But also and most critiual is the man of the relationship needs to understand the relationship isn't done once the ring on the finger or the your bf/gf for a long period of time. They take constant work and attention. Women need to know even if you been married for what seems like forever men like the chase and challange and they are goal oreantied. So give something to chase
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

OK, I totally got sidetracked and didn't get to read back yesterday. I'm pretty busy today too. It's going to hit 90 today, so I want to get a lot done this AM while it's still cool!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin Kids!

Sheila ~ loved your post from yesterday. You are one of those moms that really "gets" it. Hope that I can approach these matters as realistically as you do... The thought of him getting all red faced is cute. You'll be writing next week about finding a stash of condoms in his room LOL.

KAR ~ get a walk in this weekend ~ with or w/o DH. You owe it to yourself. I love taking walks all by myself. Great time to think and work things out.

GG ~ Enjoy Sunday spent with DH. You both sound busy between work and school. Do you think that you'll work full-time or go part-time when little "curtain climbers" arrive down the road?

Laurie ~ I know that you're anxious to get the weight off fast ~ who the **** isn't??? Just keep in mind that the faster that it comes off, the faster it comes right back on. Slow and steady wins the race. BTW, why can't the babysitter keep watching the baby? Just curious as to what she is doing. I don't know enough about this... is it sort of like Autism?

Big John.... I'm not gonna touch your "passion" paragraph with a ten foot long pole... gave me some nice ideas though;-).

Hi Lauren ~ does the new house have a.c.? I hope so! It's supposed to rain here all weekend and we're going to get a break from the heat.

I had to drive my kids to school this a.m. as it was pouring rain and we had an in-depth conversation about God. I love it when my kids throw questions out ... I try to be very open and direct with them as I want to encourage them always to come to me. The more openly we talk about things the less there is to squirm about. Some of the conversations that we have thrill me as I love hearing what is going on in their little noggins. I just know that they wouldn't thrill my dear mother! Times have changed.

Time to roll ~ have a great weekend everyone!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 AM   #7  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

I hear you all TGIF

As far as the kid talk well I just figure I better be honest with him than feed him a lie and be a grandma before his or my time. I want him to have the best in life not settle for the hand that is dealt.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #8  
sheila

Joan: Don't rush it but if I do at least I know he listened to me........Not that I want him to go down the "mystery bump lane" but that is his choice. He better make darn sure it is a good one
Old 09-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #9  
sheila

Oh and Joan Your doing a great job that was always my way of doing things when my kids were little also, makes for a great relationship and a wonderful ride.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone!

I am having a blah Friday, even though I am glad it's Friday.....
I am going to spend the weekend posting my resume, I think. I am so sad that things in real estate just suck so bad right now. I work for a very well known huge company and my position/title are very secure, I know that but it is sooo scarey watching places out here just shut down left and right! I don't want to wait until it's too late.
The thing that bums me out the most is that this is what I LOVE to do and it won't be easy finding anything else stable in the same industry, at least not anytime soon. My boss says he thinks we will be ok but I see it happening everywhere, everyday. ughghgh
I can always go back to working in a medical office but I know I would make half the pay! I am hoping the goverment gets involved soon and does something about all of this!
Hope you all are having a great Friday!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Hi
Didnt realize things were so bad in real estate! Wow, hope things work out for you!
Try to have a happy weekend!
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #12  

Joan,

Well, its not like autism. Its a disorder that does not allow the child to attach to the parents. Reactive Attachment Disorder is the worse kind. Some children are healed but the methods would require co-sleeping, keeping her (at 19 mo.) an a snuggly all day with me. Never leaving her for long periods. Never letting other people hold her (even dad) or spend time with her until she attaches. I took a few weeks off and closed the shop when we got her because when we just had visits I had noticed the lack of bonding and had read up on it. The stories you read about both on the message boards and informational sites are very bleak. Even with giving up your life and focusing on the child for years, you can still not attach. These kids often become fire starters, spread feces on walls, hurt siblings and parents, parent shop - meaning claim abuse to leave the family. They have un-manageable anger. Temper fits beyond normal, etc. Obviously older children with can be sexually active too young, get into drugs, steal, violent, etc. So, this is a huge thing and can effect us all. We have an appt to get the diagnosis started. Once we have that, I am not sure what we will decide. I love her so much and it will kill me to lose her. I just dont want to deal with a life like that for my family or other daughter. It just is so awful.

My caregiver is awesome. She is going to stick by me. She is just having a hard time managing it. Sophie screams at the top of her lungs any time she does not get what she wants. For instance, its lunch time, you pull out food. She wants it. She will literally scream bloody murder until she is in her seat and eating. When she is done, she throws the remaining food on the floor. Its just a lot to deal with. She has other kids and finds she spends too much time with just Sophie. SHe doesnt like anyone else near her when she is getting some attention. Yet she doesnt really want to be close with any other person. I really understand where my sitter is coming from. By the end of the day on weekends, you are just raw. YOu have heard screaming all day and your nerves are shot. I have to admit that sometimes I am counting the seconds until I can drop her off at daycare on Mondays. Its tough.

I am really lost but just continuing like normal day to day until we find out what is really wrong and what the treatment plan is. Its just hard knowing that there are limits I will go to in order to fix it.

I found lots of information read up a lot. There is a 27 point check list that some Dr. wrote to identify RAD behavior. She has 19. We will see though.

Laurie
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #13  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Hey all - my day has already been BUSY - and its not even 10 am!!! Had to be at the dentist this morning for DD @ 7:30 and it was a 45 minute drive to get there. I did well on my interview yesterday and they scheduled me for another one today - at 11 - so i have rollers in my hair and I'm about to run off to finish getting ready. After that I was going to meet the boyfriend for lunch - but he has a meeting at 12 - i dont want to wait so I told him i had errands to run - i have to go buy a birthday present for a party tommorow - ugh - im tired already!

KAR - hope you like your paycheck

GG - hope you get lunch!

Laurie - congrats on your loss - 5 lbs is awesome!

Slim - I hope things look for you in the real estate department.

Did one of the posts above dissapear?? Coulda swore i read one that is no longer there....maybe I'm sleep deprived (ent to bed at 1am last night)
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Laurie ~ WOW. So much to absorb... Your heart has to be breaking in two right now... As painful as it is, it's a good thing that you're reading stories on the internet about what others are going thru. Sounds like you're looking at the big picture and seeing what is best for your whole family.

I'm so sorry.... Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #15  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

ok its sinking in, alot of crying (never in front of dh) but yeah it's hitting home
thanks ladies i am here reading everyday just cant post alot
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote