Old 08-30-2007, 07:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something chat: Thur, Aug 30th

well nothing exciting to report..just thought i'd stop in and say morning. God i need coffee desperately.

Kar - hope they found the escapee...that's not a comfortable feeling.

Hannah- hang in there...wish there was more we could do
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:22 AM   #2  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Morning Everyone!!

Hanna - first of all you are in my thoughts, keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel, it has to be there. Also, I am not a teacher, but my 9 year old step son went back to school, that's what I meant about looking for routine.

GG - I have 2 dogs, a crazy kitten and a horse you could look at if you'd like. One of the dogs is in desperate need of psychotic medication - he's more nuts than the kitten. Hope it picks up at work.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:23 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'! Sorry I haven't had much time to read this week, much less post!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:28 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hanna, I'm soo sorry hon! I soo wish there was something we could do for you.

Kar, I hope they found that guy.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 AM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone. I'm having a hard time getting going this morning. Alex just called me and his sister stupid. I had an exceptionally hard time not popping him in the mouth. He's been sent to his room. Ugh. He's in there screaming at the top of his lungs. I'll be lucky if someone doesn't call the cops on me thinking I'm doing something to him. Well, I guess I did, I sent him to his room.

Hanna: I'm so sorry. Please know that we have you in our thoughts and prayers. It makes me want to do bodily harm to his biomom.

Kar: How scary. I hope they found the escapee.

Lauren: Hey, did you see my neighborhood on the news last night? The construction worker who was in the collapsed hole. We had news helicopters hovering for the entire 3 hours he was trapped. 5 of them. Dang, they were loud.

GG: Hope today isn't as boring for you.

OK, now the girlie is crying. I may need a calgon moment soon!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/151/120

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning all!

I had a pretty good eating day yesterday, although as usual around 8:00 at night I was starving and wanted chocolate. It is so nice to see everyone in this forum be so supportive. I think this will really help me lose the weight this time.

Everyone seems to know so much about each other, so I will tell you just a quick bit about me. I am married and have a 16 year old step son, who is really my boy as I have been raising him with my husband since he was 8. I work near Denver at a Media Center that does taping and producing of many different shows. A lot of the Food Network, HGTV, and DIY shows are either taped or edited here. I have slowly gained the weight over the last 5 years, and I just feel at my wits end. I can lose 10 pounds or so, and then I put it right back on. No willpower whatsoever! So I appreciate the welcome and thank you for the support.

Hanna- Although I don't know you or your situation, I hope you will accept my thoughts and prayers as well. Rough times seem less so when you have people who care.

Have a good day everyone!
lexytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
You are all the best, I wish I could see you all and give you a big hug, I mean it!

I didn't sleep much last night. Too many thoughts going through my head.

Kerry that sounds scary!!! did the find him?

Alicia I am sorry for the miss understanding I thought you were a teacher. What do you do?

Karen sorry to hear about Alex, it is hard to keep kids from listening to bad words, they are everywhere, I don't understand why the media finds it necessary to use bad words, when I am sure they can get their point across without them, the are frequently used in cartoons too, WHY!!!!

Lauren how are you doing at the new job? did you start yet? how is your mom doing? and the house? am I asking to many questions??? nosy Hanna!!! LoL!

Laxytay what do you do at work? do you get to meet the chefs from the foodnetworK? I bet you have a fun job. we are all here to support each other, in my opinion don't deprive yourself from the chocolate or any other food, just eat a little bit, in moderation I think everything is allowed on a diet!

I am going downstairs to have a I need it badly!

Hugs all!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:15 AM   #8  

Hanna- Yes, I have met some of the food network people. They tape Unwrapped here. They build a big studio up to look like that diner. They also film many of the Food Challenge shows here. They just did the Simpson's cake one here and a Mac and Cheese one too. That's all I need when I am trying to be good....ways to make Mac and Cheese more delicious!
I haven't met Tyler though....and he's my favorite!

Alexis
Old 08-30-2007, 11:34 AM   #9  

Good Morning Everyone!!! or actually good almost noon here. I went on a crazy hunt for a customers house today. She lives in the country and on a dirt road (unmarked and could not be found on google.maps), so I got sooooo lost trying to deliver a wine basket. Stopped at a country sto-ah to ask for directions and just barely made it out. I grew up here in NH but even I cant understand some of our locals.

Hanna, Gosh my heart is breaking for you. You must be so lost now. I hope that in time what ever you decide to do that something reaches Robbie and something can be done for him. You must be soooo angry with Bmom. I know that I have moments I want to kill Sophie's. Her mom did cocaine, heroin and meth during pregnancy. I do not understand how these women can get away with doing drugs during pregnancy and not be sent to jail forever. I mean just look at the prices some of these children have to pay. Why is this not illegal. And a unknown psychological problem. I am so upset that the state is not able to do more to help. I dont know what to say. I know you must be a wreck. I am soo sorry. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Ever!

Welcome to all the newbies! Hope that you can get as much from our group as I do. Just coming here and checking in (although not always talking about our diets ) keeps me in check. I am an AVID fitday.com gal and also go there and add all my calories and exercise and journal. It really is keeping me motivated.

I have lost another lb this morning (even though TOM hit yesterday). I think this explains why losing last week was so tough. I am down 11 lbs and I really think when TOM is over I will drop a few too like I usually do.

Yesterday was really odd for me. I had a friend that I have not seen in well over a year stop in the shop. She used to work for me and sort of took advantage and I had to end it causing a real rift on our 10 yr friendship. It was nice to see her but very strange. I felt really weird about it.

BTW, Lexy, I LOVE LOVE italian food and it is my true weakness. I am gonna be praying for you cuz most of it (prepared the traditional ways) are diet killers. I hope explaining to mom that you are trying to make better choices keeps her at bay. If not gorge on salad and healthy stuff at work so you are not hungry late at night.

GG didnt know you were a vet. We have a dog right now and are thinking about a horse in a year or two. My daughter takes riding lessons and is soooo into it. MY dad has a 40 acre place with a huge barn so we are thinking of boarding one there. We'll see. Also, noticed you love to hike. I have been trying to get into it but I have such a love/ hate relationship with nature. I love the beauty and not the bugs and other creatures in the woods. For now we have been doing a short trail that goes around a small mountain (hill really) and overlooks the lake. For about a 30 min "climb" you get quite a view. I am looking forward to the leaves turning. I know its going to be beautiful.

Lauren, Welcome back!! How are things going?

Well, I should get back to work today. This post is crazy long.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

nice and realaxing am for me...first no work (that's always nice) and i really cant go anywhere while they are working on the ac. I did try to take the dog for a walk...well she sort of was a pathetic workout partner this am...she got tired 15 min into it. But that's okay..i'm planning to do my new power yoga dvd i bought yesterday...as soon as the a/c guys leave (dont want to scare them with overweight person doing yoga in the middle of the living room LMAO). So pretty much i've been crusing the internet all am (dh is trying to catch up on homework downstairs..trying to leave him alone). We really need to get our house in order...but that won't happen until the a/c is done since we have half the crap in the attic spread throughout the house so they can work up there.

karen - hope you get your calgon moment soon. Sometimes you ppl with children get me to have second thoughts about kids LOL...nahh i know all the insanity is worth it...right?????

lexy - hgtv and food network are pretty much my staple of tv...throw in bravo and that's about all i need. I rarely watch regular cbc/nbc etc. I think that would be a fun job. However all the food would suck..i wouldn't be able to have will power. I recently watch that simpson cake competition. My favorites right now are hgtv design star and house hunters and then food networks..i have many fav shows...but including bobby flays grilling show, rachel rays 30 min meals, and giada. I love most of the food networks shows...i watch food shows and home shows all day long if i could LOL..what a looser i am LMAO

laurie -congrats on the weight loss..that's great. and yep i'm a vet...some days i love what i do (some days i do wonder why i'm doing it LOL). But mostly i love my job. I'm a small animal vet working with all small animals...including pocket pets (gerbils, hamster etc), reptiles, and birds...everything but guinea pigs..i'm HIGHLY allergic to the darn things. I use to have a horse...loved it. He was awesome. I recently let my sister have him (she was wanting to get back into horses). I couldn't afford to keep him with DH going back to school...boarding horse in the Atlanta area is EXPENSIVE. But i get to see him anytime i want. What style does your daughter ride? I grew up riding since i was 13 or so...and i'll tell you the truth..my mom never had to worry about me...she always knew where we were...the barn. Here's a pic of my horse last year at the beach
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sheslo...e2.jpg&.src=ph
as for the nature thing...not everyone is a fan of the great outdoors...but i love it. I love being outdoors...i'm looking forward to more days when DH and i both have off to start exploring...there's some great mt hikes withing 2 hrs from here..between tallulah falls in north ga or rock city in tenn. I've never been a big fan of workin out indoors..its hard for me to stay motivated...i'm more motivated working out when i'm outdoors...but that's just me.

hannah - you definately need a vacation...or at least a good massage..i think you should take a trip to the spa soon...give yourself some "me" time. you deserve it with everything going on.

Alright...check back later...going to find info on getting a garden ready for the winter...planning to plan a veggie garden next spring. Got to get some ideas!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:16 PM   #11  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Good morning all! Wow - this board is already busy today!
Its only 9 am here in beautiful but HOT Southern Cali. 9am and its already 85 degrees, I think we are in for a hot one

Anyway - Im about to have breakfast (I need coffee!!!) and I think I will get my exercise in early. Yesterday I went out to dinner but still managed to stay @ my 1300 calories for the day, as well as my 1 hour FIRM workout AND I got my 10,000 steps in for the day (even though I had to march in place while watching TV for about 20 minutes last nght. Im sure that I looked like a dork, but there was nobody there to see me.

Hanna - im not sure of the background of your story - but it is clear you are going through some rough stuff - I hope everything gets better for you

To everyone else - read all the posts but Im gonna run now - breakfast is calling me. That has been something I have had to work on - actually eating breakfast - so - must go!

TTFN!
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #12  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Hanna -

I am the assistant to the owner of an Engineering and Construction firm in Northeast PA. He also owns a horse breeding and training facility that I do all of the accounting and marketing for. I wanted to be a teacher long ago, just never got there.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #13  

GG- I am the same way with TV, especially over the summer when there is NOTHING on. I love Rachael and Giada, although Giada cannot possibly eat the food she cooks and stay that skinny.

Blue- You seem very motivated, especially with the excercise...WTG!

Well, better get in gear. We are setting up the studio for the Jerry Lewis telethon this weekend.

Hope you all have a great day!

Also, my knees are shot, so if anyone has any cool excercise tips that are easy on the knees, I would appreciate it. I have a treadmill, and I walk a ton at work, but I am looking for something a bit more entertaining!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:37 PM   #14  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

GG where did you move too ?? im sorry it looks like im moving to georgia, not for 9 months but i will be MOST LIKELY relocating there
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:46 PM   #15  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Husband made up his mind last night he's joining the army for 4 years he'll enter as a medic and leave an RN so job security YES "BUT" he also is going to be ranger and that means 6 months of every year is iraq, kuwait (sp?) then 6 months on base im really sad we are walking from our house i will stay in my current city for about 9 months im gonna find something to rent
Hanna im soooooooo sorry god i pray everynight for you hang in there
welcome newbies
sorry im just really sad right now
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote