Old 08-27-2007, 07:49 AM   #1  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Default Monday Aug 27 30 something chat

Good Morning everyone~

busy weekend for me. My eating has just sucked no other way to say it. I am back on track today. It is not that I had alot to eat but bad choices.

AND.........DH was offered this once in a life time job with the company but he will be traveling all over the world I am not joking. WY, LA, Argentina,Kuwait,Russia. He says they are going to be talking money the next couple of weeks. On one hand I know this is something that if he turns it down he will blame me for but on the other that is alot of responsibility to put on my shoulders. Here are the stipulations I told him. When you come home your time is with the 5 of us. I want a new house and do daycare out of this house. The house part made him none to happy but I don't care, I live two doors from his mom and if he is going to be gone most of the time then he needs to make us happy too. I am not doing this by myself I told him and not getting a happy life in return. He knows I am serious we will see. We didn't fight but it sure gave him something to think about. I don't know kind of not the reason I got married and had kids was to do it myself................Yet still have the paycheck I told him he will end up being a someofthetime dad.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all...
well sheila....i think those demands seem resonable. If he's going to be gone a good part of the time...then you should be happier. I know you are miserable living so close to MIL. Maybe he'll gets his butt in order and figure out what he wants in live. BTW...what sort of work does dh do?

I've been pretty good this weekend...but since i worked all weekend that helped. I'm off today. In just a bit i'm going to do my routine hike up the mountain. THis morning is absolutely beautiful...the rain that passed through has cooled off the area some...only 88 today instead of 100. I've got a few errands to run...then who knows what else. Alright all...check back later!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:10 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

It is this new company called Rockwell Petroleum USA. It deals with Oil productin but the main interest is mining for oil. Right now mark is over Wyoming but he would be the "Main Dude" on the shaft rig. which would be really a great job but I have to tell you I honestly need to be in a different home away from his mom or I will divorce him and get my new house anyways, maybe not go down like that and easy but you are right, We need to be happy too.

Enjoy your mountain hike. sounds nice. I do hope you carry mace or something with you. I am just a freak I worry about being abducted etc.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:09 AM   #4  
KAR

Morning,
Just a quick note to say hi. I have to get ready and go have lunch with my sister for her birthday. Then she is coming back to my house for a little bit. Then we have the decidation cemerony this evening at my new school. She is going to be in town for a day or two. So I might not be on here much. Plus after next week, I will only be on when my schedule permits me some free time.
Shelia, hope your dh can make the right decision. That would be tough to have him gone so much and live that close to your mil. Hope things work out for you.
GG enjoy your hike this morning. Have a great day off!
HI to everyone else. Chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #5  

sheila - well actually i think where i go an abduction would be a bit harder...this mt is always packed. But my dog is my protection. Maybe i should be more worried...but i don't really have those fears when i have my dog. I actually only climbed 1/4 up the mt...then the dog kept beggin to go on the wooded trails instead of up. So we did about an hour hike thr the woods. (which does have hills). I even ran about 20 minutes. I had a camel back on my back and her doggie back pack...since i didn't think it was fair to ask her to run with her equiptment on. I excersiced for a total of 1hr. I feel great. Now i've got to get some errands done
kar - enjoy your time with your sis.
alright all..i'll check back later
Old 08-27-2007, 12:36 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Working a temp job this week, so I'll be scarse (sp?)
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Hello Everyone!

Gator... your hike sounded great! Our dog loves to go too... He's a chocolate lab, year and half old. I need to be better about getting him out every single evening! Need motivation!
Sheila... hope all works out with your hubby and the job! You are a brave woman living only two doors down from the mother in law!
Uneventful weekend for me...chores and house cleaning as usual! I was going to take my daughter swimming yesterday at my mom's but the weather was really hit and miss. Even rained a little here and there. BBQ's some great wild salmon and shrimp last night! A little olive oil, fresh garlic, and basil from the garden....Sooo good!

Happy Monday!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #8  

slim...my dog has been in heaven since we moved here. She gets more frequent walks in much more exciting areas. In fact today i was noticing when i was walking her....how much in shape she looks. If she looses anymore weight i think i'll have to up her food some. But she really loves it. And honestly...the dog is my motivation. I know how much she loves her walks...and i'd rather workout outdoors. Now that we are near the mountains, it makes working out so much more exciting.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 219/164/155

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Good Morning everyone~

busy weekend for me. My eating has just sucked no other way to say it. I am back on track today. It is not that I had alot to eat but bad choices.

I don't know kind of not the reason I got married and had kids was to do it myself................Yet still have the paycheck I told him he will end up being a someofthetime dad.

I can't really add anything other than support, being that I'm married to a professional who works horrific hours and mostly it's just me and my two girls. I was a professional too, but after years of working what are essentially "two jobs" I resigned and became at home mommy. It's been hard for me, not being a naturally domestic type, but my girls are a lot of fun and our relationship is better for it.

I guess what I'm saying is that is can work, but you'll need to keep him on task as far as family time. Good luck!
lorettadion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

ok alot happening
I "HAVE" to walk away from my home not for about 6-8 months but it's just not gonna work so i'll be leaving in about that time as well we'll find out what base we are getting and im hoping Texas i would love to go there and stay for a little while
I'll check in later i just had to tell you guys
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #11  

michelle...hang in there...i know it will be tough leaving a place you grew up in...but there are some really cool places out there...and you may find living is a lot cheeper outside LA. Be strong...and know this will benefit the family
Old 08-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #12  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

do any of you know about forecloser? i mean whats the worst that could happen to me
Thanks Patricia i know it will be better outta CA we could actully have a LIFE and not just work for the mortgage i miss my family we dont get to do anything cause we are all ways broke
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Ditto....hang in there Michelle! My aunt and uncle lived in Grapevine,Texas for a long time and they loved it! They said the people there were just great!

Gator what kind of dog is she? My lab has his own little hiking dog backpack to and he is such a dork - he loves having it on! He is in great shape too. Full of muscles! We have to feed him special food with no corn etc etc because apparently chocolate labs are sensitive to alot of foods. Try telling our 4 1/2 and 7 year old not to feed him junk! Every time I turn around they are giving him something - "Mom he really wanted a goldfish cracker!" I just have to be extra careful that they never give him chocolate but we have drilled it in that chocolate could be very very bad for him so they know.....
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi every one! it is **** hot! 94 degrees, I am melting away
Sheila my hat goes off to you, you are a strong person, and I love your morals! You need to move regardless of the job, it is not healthy to be so close to his mother. She is to much trouble and the kids don't need that! good luck with the job, are you going to joing him in some of the traveling?

GG you are great! I am not an outdoor person at all so I can't really relate to the hiking part, I am so glad you are enjoying it! be safe though! you rock!!!! did you get the shoes?

Kerry happy birthday to your sister, enjoy her company! we will miss you!

Melinda where are you?????

ROO?????

Lauren good luck with the new job, enjoy it and don't work to hard!
are you getting settled?

Karen have not see you for a while are you OK, is your company still in town?

RR how are things going at home?

Lisa any news on the job?

John did you get your tattoo?

Christina where are you? have not see you either, how is the baby and Dominic?

Michelle good luck! Look at it in the positive side, you may go somewhere were it is a lot more affordable and fall in love with another place too, there are a lot of great places out there!

I am doing OK, the baby shower yesterday was great, we had a great time, food was great, I eat just a little bit, didn't do to bad!
today I went to see the psychiatrist for myself, thinking I needed a happy pill, and she said she didn't think I needed a happy pill, she said she thinks I am doing really good considering all that has been going on, she said she admired my strenght, that made me feel really good!
After I saw the Dr. I went to the gym and worked out really hard, I did 3.5 on the stair stepper thing (the stairs that rotate) it was great! I did my abs I hate doing abs, but I have to! then I ran into a friend of mine at Target and we walked to Starbuck to get a cup of coffee it was very nice to see her and to be able to catch up.
The school distric is going to provide transportation for Sean, even though he is not going to school just parcial hospitalization, that makes me very happy, means I don't have to be dressed and ready to go at 7:00 AM I can just get him ready to be picked up and go back to bed!!!!! they will start picking him up tomorrow!!!!
I have to run, I have to go get Sean, traffic is terrible.
see you all later!
to all whom I missed!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:53 PM   #15  

woohoo...denis austin just kicked my butt...i dusted off my boot camp dvd and did the strength training portion of it...only 25 min...but i got a work out.

slim - i have a hound/lab and god only knows what else mutt. But she is the best...found her as a stray. I have a backpack thing too...just got it however, so she's still getting use to it...i'm not sure if she's exactly thrilled with it but oh well

hannha....glad to hear things are good. Glad to see you go to the dr's. And glad to hear she thinks youre doing great with all things considered. As for the shoes...i actually decided to return them...i think they were a pinch tight in my left foot (couldn't get my heel orthpedic pad to help with my heel spur in them). I actually started to think i liked the red shoes better too. So i returned them and then ordered the red shoes i fell in love with on line. You can find them on line in wide widths which i need. I may get the original shoes in wide when i loose 10 lbs...since i still really like those...but i decided i needed some fun and funky shoes to add to the mixture that i could wear to work.

slim here's a pic of my puppy...when she was a bit out of shape. the other pic is of her playing with her best friend (when we lived in savannah)...he's a great dane