Old 08-25-2007, 07:36 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: 8/25-8/26

Good Morning All!

Belated to Slimpossible and Principessa!

Have to take Peter to a b-day party from 12-1:30, but otherwise we'll be at the house most of the day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

PS, I just posted a bunch of house pics up the pic thread!!

Last edited by LBH; 08-25-2007 at 08:31 AM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, that was some interesting wallpaper! Do you have a steamer that would take it off faster? Lowe's has some smaller size ones that work really well.

Kar, do you have any Elder-Beerman's around you? I know they carry the brand of shoes GG was mentioning. Oh and sorry about the loss (football game).

to everyone else.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #3  
LBH

Lisa, it's actually coming off pretty easily with the Dif and a scraper! The paper that was on top of the blue in the DR came off just by pulling, it was that fabric kind of paper.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #4  
KAR

Morning Everyone,
Looks like you have been really busy here the last few days Lauren. That was really some interesting wallpaper. I don't know why you would want to get rid of it. LOL Enjoy your break from working on the house.
Lisa yes I have an Elder Beerman's near me. I will have to check those shoes out the next time I am near it. We have lost to this team for the last 17 years. I don't know why I bother going to that game every year. My side of the stands is always commenting on how the referees cheat for the other team. So what is new with you?
Hi to everyone else!
I have to go to a family reunion with my dh for his dad's side of the family today. So I am hoping to do go on my eating there. Keep your fingers crossed that it does happen.
Well I better go and get ready!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #5  

Im at the wine shop working today. Boo Hiss!! My DH is home with his buddie playing madden and watching the kids. I am kinda bummed. Been working out, DH has been taking it easy. He lost 4 pounds so far this week, I lost just .5 lb. GRRRR.

Anyway, I thought I would post this email I got. Thought it was really funny.

As Ben Franklin said:
In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, and in water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if
we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria found in
feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or
tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go
through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water=Poop & Wine=Health

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of sh!t.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information as I'm
doing it as a public service!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:30 PM   #6  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

[QUOTE]As Ben Franklin said:
In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, and in water there is bacteria.

Laurie: I loved it!! I have heard what you are talking about. I had 5 amaretto sours last night with my prime rib yummy! I needed it.

Busy weekend.

Kerry You seem revived? Dr. Sheila hmmm sounds fun! never been called that but hey "I LIKE IT" can I have the pay with that too?

Have a great weekend.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

lauren...i think i'm going to find the exact wallpaper and put it up in my kitchen LOL. looks like you got some work to do...but in the end...it will be your house the way you want it.
lol at laurie - i love the public service announcement.
work today dragged. Its tough working 9-7 on sat but oh well. I get to work tomorrow to...however its only 10-5. I'm going to try to wear my new shoes tomorrow..i'll let you know what i think of them.
nothing really exciting other that that....i was going to walk the dog however a BIG thunderstorm just started...so since i really don't feel like getting fried by lightning...i think we'll do it another time LOL
alright...going to browse around...have a good one!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #8  
LBH

Mornin' All!

Laurie, LOVE the PSA!

I haven't weighed lately, but I bet I have sweat off a few pounds since Thursday! It's been soo hot here, the sweat just pours off ya'! Speaking of which, my aunt was helping us at the house yesterday and she sat down to take a rest and passed out from the heat/dehydration! So we called 911 and DH got her some ice and cold drink. They ended up transporting her to the ER and 2 bags of fluid, and EKG and some b/w later, they discharged her. It was scary, but thankfully she's OK!

Probably won't do much at the house today, if at all. I've got to work 4 days this week, so I have to dig out work clothes and get myself all prepared!

Have a great day all!
Old 08-26-2007, 12:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

I think I came within a few mins of heat stroke yesterday. It was in the 80s at 6am when I left my house for work. Got to work and then to the site at 8am. It wasn't bad as the sun was blocked by the building till 12:30 I guess I didn't realize that it was 103 out. I had gone my thru 2.5 liters of water by 12. At 1 I got this huge headache but still needed to get this job done I started getting ill and started to voimt but there was nothing to vomit. I still kept working then at 2 I knew I was in trouble as I got goose bumps and chills and it felt like my brain was boiling in my skull. I dropped everything and went to the truck and blasted the AC called the boss told what happened and told him I'd come in today to finish it but he said no. just go home. I want to work out but its still hot out today and I don't want to hurt myself anymore then am already have plus I'm in some pain I slept 13hrs I went to bed at 10pm and got up at 11am LOL. So i'm more then likely just going to sit in the AC and play video games today.

Hope everyone having a good weekend.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #10  
KAR

Hi Everyone,
Have been busy this weekend. Went to the family reunion yesterday and then we went out with some friends last night. So today is working around the house day. I cleaned the house this morning. My dh went out the start the yard work. I took pity on him and went out to help him. Just taking a short break from it.
John hope you are feeling better today. Sounds like you got enough sleep.
Lauren sorry to hear about your aunt. Glad that she is better. You sure are going to remember moving into this house aren't you? Sounds like it is coming along. So what did you do today instead of working at the house?
Laurie thanks for the public announcement. So how is your day today? I hope you are off from the wine shop today. Men always lose faster than women do. Don't stress over it too much.
Hi to everyone else. The yard is calling me. Need to get back to it to finish it. So we can have a free day tomorrow to spend with my sister.
Chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

wow you guys need to be careful in the heat...no heat stroke please.
Today was uneventful. DH and i went first thing in the morning for groceries for the week. Then i worked from 10-5. I don't mind sundays since its a shorter day. You get home at a resonable time and still have a few hours to do things. DH and i decided after dinner to take the dog to a park near by for a walk...spent about 35 min walking...it was a beautiful night (rain earlier made it nice) and the dog sure loved it. Other than that..nothing really exciting. Hope everyone is well.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote