Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

joan...well the second pair were very comfy...definately try to find some in your area to try...or if you aren't afraid to buy on line...go for it. All of them felt like walking on pillows. I personally liked the second pair best too...the more i think about it...the more i'm going to get them in a few weeks. I really liked the red. It will "pop" well with a couple of black and white outfits i wear to work.

John...getting a tattoo???? what are you getting? I have three but i think i'm done with them...but love the one's i have
Old 08-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #32  

btw joan..did you get your buns moving today????
Old 08-24-2007, 05:51 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the welcome Joan! If anyone around here does have throid issues I would love to hear any suggestions!

Michelle - my honey bought the house before I met him oh maybe 8 years ago but as you know when you refi you get the "nice" payment anyway! I think he bought it for about 300k and now it's worth 750,000! So that is good! But we refied it about a year and a half ago to do some home improvements and the payment just sucks now! The loan we got has a prepay so we have to wait that out until we can refi again to avoid the penalty! It never ends!
What type of mortgage do you currently hold, do you know?

Can't wait for the weekend to start!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:56 PM   #34  

oops thank you too for the welcome Laurie! I really love this site - it's good to talk to other people going through the same thing!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:41 PM   #35  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Well then Joan I think a few husbands should be thanking me for some serious HOT suggestions! just kidding. You enjoy your night If you end up getting twisted up with naked twister um 911................
Old 08-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

lmao Joan you're a trip but to answer your question and GG at the same time here goes.

I want to get an hammer (think sledge hammer) with a anvil behind it then coming off that would be like the top of a fire that rolled off into smoke within the center of it would be a shadow of a man. Like he was made by the hammer. In the head of the hammer on the side would be a cross and they would look like they were forged as one. In the handle would be placed Mom,Dad,PJ in that order with mom near the head and they would work their way down. An would look like wood grain if I can get it that detailed.

I want it on my right arm between my shoulder and elbow so I can cover it at work and such. I want it done is black and gray with a little red and orn in the tips of the flames.

The reasons are many but this is the man point of it I'm the shadow and the hammer formed me. The 4 biggest influences are shown on the hammer the Cross represent my faith as I know I wouldn't have made it through all these things had it not been for God and I'm still here cause I'm supposed to be. Next is my mom she was the main force be hide me growing to excel in school and she never gave up on me and didn't believe what the experts told her. My dad follows because I learn my work ethic and skills from him and learned what it was to be a man. To take care of my family to be honorable in all things I do. Then my best friend PJ. She showed me the good in me and self worth. I was on a very destructive path when we met I learned to deal with my issues and to control my temper.

The hammer and avail is because had I been born at and earlier time I like to think I would have been a black smith. You start with raw iron ore and work it over and over to make it something total different but its still iron. To me it shows the journey of how I've changed and how I'm still changing. Also not to be to hard on myself for even the strongest of steel can break if worked to much. (used to have this mind set of I deal with it when it happens as I abused myself physical)

I tend to loose sight of the "big picture" and this is to remind me where I've been and where I'm going. An even when I'm an old man I'll still be able to see this and remember.

I figured the tat will run me around 300.00
Old 08-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!

I am so tired I can't even speak, and that doesn't happen to often. I didn't even answer the phone just now when it rang. Sean is not doing good at the new program either, he is being very aggressive and they are trying to assess him again, I had the meeting with the social worker and she said they don't have a plan just yet, they will know more by next week as far as Sean staying in their program longer instead of starting school w/peers or maybe even hospitalization again, which I am not ready for. It took everything out of me last time, but it is not about me, or about DH, it is about Sean and I have to keep remind myself that, it is very hard to do, and I will do it with as positive attitude as I can muster

GG I like the shoes, they are both very nice. I agree with you and Joan comfortable is a most, I find myself buying shoes that are open toe and flats, and when I have to dress up, not too often thank G-d I have trouble finding anything to ware. This next week I am going to have to go shopping for new clothes, fancy! clothes, the Jewish holidays are coming in Sept. and I have nothing to wear to temple. I think I am just going to go on line like I did last year, I bought a nice suite from Saks 5ht. No tattoos for me! Sorry about the AC. On a different subject are you going to see your horse soon? how is he doing? is your sister enjoying it?

Sheila you are way to funny, the stuff that is on your mind!!! :rolf:

Lauren congratulations on the house, don't stress too much over the stuff you don't like in the house, look at it the positive way, you can change it a little at a time and make it you own!!!

Lisa good luck with the job thing, I hope you get good news soon!!!

John

Slimpossible this is the best place to make friends grab a drink and enjoy!! Looking forward to know you. Sorry you have thyroid troubles.

Joan I am jealous about your good night last night, DH and I have not been intimate since my hysterectomy, I have been afraid to hurt, it is time for me to get out of that mode, I am ready and you can only imagine DH is too. OK I know TMI!!! LoL. and we had a lot going on to say the least! I know, no excuse!

Michelle I am happy for you and the good news about DH!!! Keep your head high

Kerry hi! good for you to make up with DH not good to hold a grudge

Laurie I glad I was able to help when we talked I know it was a lot of information to process, be careful, don't make any decisions right away, if I can be of help feel free to call me or email me I will pm you my email address.
and hug the kids a lot!!! :smile:

Roo I don't like to "hear you" so down it is not good, I think the looking for a new job idea it great! hang in there, we are here for you

I am to tired, I will try to be back either later or tomorrow

Hugs all!

Hanna
Old 08-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #38  

john...that would be an awesome tat if they could do it. Sounds like it would be a very cool tat.
Hannah - no i haven't seen the pony lately..i'm really jonesing to go though...but with everything that's been going on...its hard to find a day. But i'm going to try soon. Pony is doing well as per my sis....she's loving him and he's having a grand time...he has a girlfriend (horse) in his field and cries everytime she leaves the field...sissy boy LMAO. And i think i've decided for motivation...when i loose 10 lbs from today..i'm going to buy the red shoes.

Tonight i made this AWESOME fish. Its a healthy "fried" fish. It tasted like fried without all the grease. It was delicious!!!!!!!!! here's the link
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=24210
I thought i'd pass the info along...i am always looking for good food. And its low fat and calories...so we all win. It sort of reminds me of fish sticks but tastier...
alright all..going to bed...i have to work tomorrow...yuck!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #39  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hanna; What is going on with the hysto deal don't be afraid.I never used to have such a strong labido but I do now.

SlimP: Welcome there are days it get pretty hairy but we love it!!

John: sounds like the tatoo will look awesome. i watched that LA ink the other night. Really awesome.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:03 AM   #40  
KAR

Evening,
Sounds like everyone survived today. Got to be around 100 today. Finally cooled off to a nice 70 degrees by the time we came home from the football game. We lost 56-6. Very sad game to watch.
Shelia, or should I say Dr. Shelia how was your day? Love your comments to everyone. You sure know how to put smiles on people's faces. Hope you have a great weekend.
GG love the shoes. I am going to try to see if they are sold around my area. I have issues with my feet where I stand most of the day during the school year. The foot doctor recommended Clarks. But sometimes those even hurt my feet.
Michelle glad that dh scored so well on his tests. So what did he decided to do what field of speciality? Sounds like you are going to have to learn that program really fast before he leaves.
Welcome Slimpossible. You will love this group of people.
John interesting tattoo. Hope it works well for you and you can get it. Enjoy your workday tomorrow. Sounds like it is suppose to be another hot one.
Hanna sorry to hear that you are so tired this evening. I will say my prayers that things work out so for you and your family. I know it must be very stressful to have all these meetings and still really no answers to your questions.
Roo sorry to hear that you are so stressed at work. Hope you can find a new job with less stress. I forget what is your line of work?
Lauren sounds like you are making good progress on the new home. Can't wait to see pictures of it.
Hi to everyone else. Hope you all had a wonderful day! It is kind of nice to be able to go to bed this evening and not be mad at my dh.
Chat with you all tomorrow.
Kerry
Old 08-25-2007, 01:36 AM   #41  
aka Anne Marie

S/C/G: 232/222/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
Today was tough for me. I wasn't able to get exercise because I had a morning shoot, and then I had an application to work on all afternoon, and spent the evening doing laundry and packing for my trip. I am heading up to BC for a workshop tomorrow and won't be back until Tuesday night. Anyway, I barely ate anything all day, and then we went out for dinner and ate too much. This weekend probably won't be much better in terms of exercise, because of the workshop, but I will try to get out and get some walks in before and after the classes. We are staying at a brewery, so the food might be tough, but at least I'm not a beer drinker. If I was, I'd be sunk!
So, anyway, I'll be offline for a few days. Have a great weekend and a fabulous start to next week, everyone!
Old 08-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #42  

Thank you for the welcomes Hannah and Sheila!
Sorry you are going through a bad time Hannah
I am havin' a laaazy Saturday! Going to Costco later and will have to resist the urge to buy one of everything! Especially my two weaknesses - pistachios and wine!!! lol Hope all is well with everyone this weekend. Weather here is nice... finally not too hot!
Good luck on the tattoo John! I have one that I have had for ten years and still love it. I would only want one more but not until I get down to my goal weight only because where I want it could make it look really bad later if I get skinny after getting it! HA!
I watch L.A Ink too from time to time.... A few on my honey's friends think Kat (isn't that her name?) is hot.... It's weird - I think she is a really pretty girl but the amount of tatts she has just kinda takes away from it... I dunno.
Guess I better get motivated to do some chores. I have at least 6 loads of laundry and so much more, calling my name....exciting stuff!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:42 AM   #43  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey everyone! Make sure you check out the current day's thread!!
Closed Thread