Old 08-17-2007, 07:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Thirty Somethings Daily Chat Friday, August 17th

Mornin' All ~

I can't believe that I'm starting the thread this a.m. Where are you RR???

Getting up this morning to workout was pure torture... Given the option I would rather have had a root canal. I did it though and now feel GREAT! TGIF!! Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

good for you joan. I really need to get motivated to work out in the morning. I was doing well but this week i've been having trouble getting to sleep early enough (due to lack of a/c upstairs). but good for you and getting yourself through it.
Another day to work. But the best part is DH will be home when i get home from work...so that's a good thing. Overall doing well. Nothing really new to report. Hope everyone has a GREAT day
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:39 AM   #3  
KAR

Morning Everyone,
TGIF! Off to take my nephew school clothes shopping. So that should be a fun chore for the day. I guess I shouldn't complain too much since his mom is giving him extra money to buy my lunch. Hope I can con him into going somewhere semi healthy. Well I will check back with you all later. Have a great day! I am not as depressed as yesterday. I guess if we have made it this far we can still make it. But it is depressing to live from paycheck to paycheck and still be late on some bills. I guess that is live though.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:36 AM   #4  

hey everyone

is there something going around?...my little guy has been up all night sick...i have changed blankets sheets and pillows about 6 times since 9 last night...needless to say i am EXHAUSTED...but its strange cause he has no fever no nothing..he was perfectly fine then bam...now it wont stop...]

joan: what a great job you are doing getting up early to exercise...thats wonderful..i think it makes the day go so much better...its like mentally youre prepared...great job!

gg: have a great day and an even better night!...enjoy dh's return

kerry: have fun shoppig with your nephew..that sounds like fun... have a great lunch and good luck getting a healthy choice..hopefully he'll go for it..have fun

well...i need to try and wake up and get ready for work...gotta leave early cause i am taking my little guy to his grandmas house which is about 20 minutes away but coming back up there will be tons of traffic...soooooo...have a great day everyone
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

I set my alarm for 7am every morning and I still don't get outa bed till 7:54
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 AM   #6  

Hi everyone!

Day 4 of my diet / life change and I feel good. I've been trying really hard to stay motivated and being able to check in here helps tremendously. My stepkids are all coming this weekend so we will have a houseful of people and food. I'm going to have to keep myself busy to avoid the temptation.

My husband donates blood once a month and his donation in July entered him into a contest. We both knew nothing about it until the blood center called yesterday and said we had won this:

http://www.hoxworth.org/frontgate/index.htm

Pretty cool, huh? I can cook all sorts of healthy stuff on that baby! It will be delivered Tuesday. My husband, Dennis, is psyched!

Joan: You are a better woman than I am. I'm hoping to ease into morning exercise in a few weeks. I'll have to think of you getting out of bed every day to do it as my motivation

GG: Yay for the return of husbands! Have a great reunion tonight!

Kerry: Hang in there, the money stuff will sort itself out somehow and enjoy your day with you nephew.

Christina: Hope your little one is feeling better soon. I hate changing middle of the night sheets!

John - no more snooze alarm for you!
Catie45036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #7  

Ohhh School Shopping sounds FUN!! I am thinking about taking off for a few hours and doing that myself. Jobs of being your own boss. Since my shop is in a 3 shops in one thing, I can maybe talk one of the girls into covering for me.

I am sooooo tired today. I dont know why. I got up and worked out (still hating it). I got kids ready and dropped off Sophie. Didnt lose yesterday and didnt gain. OK with that cuz of the wine thing. I have another smaller tasting today with a vendor so will have to keep on staying strong. Im at work til 6 and have to come in tomorrow cuz my weekend employee needs 2 weeks off. GRRR! Oh well. Ill stop feeling sorry for myself now...

Ohh, I did try a yummy recipe last night from hungrygirl.com
I cooked a pound of chicken 2 cups of sliced mushrooms and then put in 3 laughing cow fat free swiss triangles, and 2 heaping tbs of Fat Free sour cream. Stirred in garlic and cracked pepper and a lil italian seasoning. Tastes ALOT like alfredo sauce. I put this over french style green beans (nuked). The whole family loved it!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #8  

morning all!
Sounds like everyone is hanging in there.
Good job to those who worked out today! I think Fridays and mondays are hard for some reason.
I dropped the kids off at bus went to the y for 35 on treadmill, 35 on bike. I weighed this morning and I've lost 4 lbs. I'm pumped. I know most of it is water weight since I just started back exercising and eating healthy, but it was nice to see the scale go down. I'll take it!
Gonna do laundry today, and need to go shop for new gym shorts. Mine have just about had it.
Have a good day!
Heather
Hdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:09 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #10  

Any cool plans for the weekend?

I have to work on Sat. but think Im gonna take the kids to the park on Sunday. Would be fun to do a BBQ at night with the whole family too. How about everyone else?
Old 08-17-2007, 02:54 PM   #11  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

well my weekend is FULL lol
sat 9am car wash for angelicas cheer team
11 am baby shower in my city (friend)
1pm babyshower next city over (family) so you know this one will be long
7 pm RAIDER GAME against my biggest rival 49 ers LOl
Sunday
take kids to finish school shopping
laundry clean back yard
then chill
damn im gona have no down time
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Christina- sorry to hear about the little guy, maybe he ate something that didn't agree with him?

Joan- I tried getting up early, on the weekends I did okay, I could go for a walk, but it doesn't work out. When I have to get ready for work, I also wait till the last minute to get up. It does feel good though to get up and do it!

John- I remember this week you talked about your long commute. My husband works in Herndon, VA. He has a 2 hour drive to work, cause we live in the Boonies.

This week we are going on a last minute "vacation" before school starts. My husband can't plan anything. We are going to Texas to visit the in-laws or the out-laws, depending on how you look at it, lol.

I haven't started school shopping yet. I can't believe myself. So this week will be very hectic.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #13  
KAR

Evening All,
Sounds like everyone is having a good day today. I went to the mall with my mil and nephew. Plus my nephew brought his girlfriend along. It is so weird to see him with a girl. For years he has been into yugi go (sp)cards and video games and now he is serious about this girl. It is cute. I had to drive my mil car. After being use to driving mini vans or an f150 truck, it sure does feel like you are down on the ground. LOL
GG sounds like you are one happy lady today. Hope you enjoy having your dh around full time again.
Lauren hope you had a wonderful day! How is your son's pink eye?
Catie, love the grill your dh won! I bet you could have some serious bbq's with that.
John hope you had a good day today! Guess maybe you need to stop hitting the snooze button on your alarm.
Joan glad you got your workout in this morning. I guess my workout could be called walking around the mall. I didn't buy anything at all. I really didn't see anything I just needed to have either.
Christina hope your little guy is feeling better this evening. My nephew took me to lunch at the food court at the mall. I ate a steak sandwich from Charly's and had a small order of fries. So it was semi healthy. LOL
Alicia enjoy your vacation. How long are you going to be in Texas?
Laurie good will power for yesterday. How did it go for today? Hope you can go shopping for a little bit tomorrow. As for my plans for the weekend. On Saturday I have to deliever my Avon orders and then go to the hs football scrimmage in the evening. Sunday is my dh's family reunion. So that is my big plans. Then starting next week I am hopefully going to be able to get into my classroom and get it ready for school to start.
Heather sounds like you are doing a great job on your excerising and dieting. Congrats on the 4 pounds lost! Keep up the good work. I know that I have to start getting back into the habit of working out again. I guess I could sneak over to the high school track by my middle school and walk a few laps sometimes during my day.
Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all having a great evening. I think I am going to go and read for a little bit before going to bed. I didn't give into stress eating even though I feel really stressed right now with our finaces and getting ready to go back to school.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Well I worked myself out of work today. I start my day by calling my boss to see what's he has setup for today. When I called he said didn't have one for me to do today. Mind you this is the same boss that gets on me for not working fast enough lol. A job is not a job to me. Its a representation of me my work speaks of me. So I go a lil slower but have a higher quality of work. Which means its fixed once I fix it (until something else unfixes it lol). Customers are much happier with the look of the work and I stay at a Constantin flow of work so I'm never in the shop with my feet on my desk drinking coffee. Most of our customers ask for by name and don't want anyone else on their project( stoking the ego isn't always a bad thing LOL).

This week I was just in a groove and we didn't have a lot of emergency and I ran us out of work lol. I have 3 jobs for tomorrow and I'll be ready for next week.

GG saw a banfeild in Bethesda MD today and thought of you. its a Groom and PetsHotel that the same people you work for now too?

Alicia - I bet it does there no way I could live on the VA side of DC. 95 and 66 are always a mess. When I went down to my mom's in Williamsburg it took me 4hrs I can normally do it in 2hrs. I left DC at 8pm and took the express lanes down and about a mile before the merge it went to a dead stop and we were stop and go till after fredricksburg. Its just unreal.

Kerry- sounds like you had a busy day. I don't know what it is about the snooze button. If I to b up early once the alarm goes off I'm up. But if I'm just trying to get up for just the sake of getting up early its a no go. I need one of them beds that flip you out on the floor when the alarm goes off lol. its just so warm and comfy and stress free. My bed is a happy safe place and hard to leave it.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:40 AM   #15  

John,

I know what you are saying about the quality over quantity thing. I used to work for a company before I started my 1st business (we sold ink and media for digital printing). They were always saying dial, dial, dial. Its a numbers game. Wanted us to do 60-100 calls a day. I ignored them and did my usual thing. We were selling a consumable product and I felt that if we were not gonna stay on the phone and chat and really make friends with these people, maybe they would buy from us once or twice but the second someone came along with a better price, boom they were gone. I usually had the best numbers and the most consistant sales and so even though they really hated me doing things my way, they couldnt get rid of me. Their attitude eventually drove them out of business and I am still doing the same thing. :P

Kerry, having will power really was hard BUT I got through it AND Firday my tasting got canceled so I was good again!!

Michelle...Jeepers! You have a heck of a weekend. Try to relax some too though!!

GOOD FOR YOUR HEATHER!!! I love seeing those pounds come off!!