Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 02:23 PM   #16  

Hi everyone!

I have been away from this group for so long and have been feeling it. I would like to join again for 2002. I have really found that not being connected here has had a severe impact on how well I have been doing.

I have spent the past week going over the old posts and catching up. You all have been very BUSY!

RR Congrats on the little refman! I am very happy for you.

Jul, I am so sorry about Levi. I know how devistating that is.

Tech, Congrats on your wedding! (See how long it's been since I was here)

Hello to everyone! I am looking forward to 2002 and a fresh start.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Nanci
Old 12-31-2001, 02:35 PM   #17  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

NANCI!!!

It's soo great to see you!! In fact, I think we were just talking about all the old gang like a week ago!! I hope things have been good for you, besides being out of touch with us!! Please fill us in on what you've been up to! And go do your bio on the new Bio thread!!
Old 12-31-2001, 03:22 PM   #18  

Lauren,

Thanks for the welcome!

So much has been going on! I am not even sure when I quit checking in here.

We have been busy as usual. We have finally completed some serious remodeling of the house. It has turned out very nice. What a big hassle. though. The only thing I have left that I want to do is refinish all of our hardwood floors in the living room and dining room. The DH looked at me like I had lost my marbles so I think I will wait awhile before I bring that up again.

Work is keeping us both very busy. My company has had lots of reduction in staff. That is just not a fun thing to go through. I came back from 10 days in Mexico to have to tell 35 ppl they were out of work the first part of December. It just is plain hard. It makes it so much worse as the economy is so darn bad right now. We have so many friends that are out of work.

Everyone is doing well on the home front. Both stepkids are still out living on their own. I get missing them but then just invite them to dinner and then send them on their way.

Have you all heard from Kymber or Legal lately?

Have a safe and happy new year.
Old 12-31-2001, 10:57 PM   #19  
Pink Thingy

Talking HAPPY NEW YEAR CHICKIES

Well it's 3.53am here. Not up by choice, hubby is (cough, cough) *ill* . Hope all of you have a daintier start to 2002.

BTW - a special welcome to the newbies, gotta dash........ sick patient calling.........
Old 01-01-2002, 12:09 AM   #20  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Happy ALmost New Year!!!!!!!!
Welcome back Nanci!!!!!
Watched 2 good movies and off to cuddle and countdown!!!!

Traci-WElcome to the group!!!
Vicki
Old 01-01-2002, 12:49 AM   #21  
LBH

HAPPYNEWYEAR!!!!

It's 12:49 AM here in NJ and we just got home from the inlaws. MIL fell asleep around 10:00, that's really late for her...she's usually in bed by 8:30!! FIL stayed awake, I was in and out of napping!! Man, I'm getting old!!

Hope you all have a great celebration as it hits midnight in your time zone!!
Old 01-01-2002, 10:36 AM   #22  
LBH

Hi All,

Hope everyone has recovered...or is in the process, this AM. I didn't fall asleep until around 2:00, and was awake at 7:30, up a little after 8:00! For a few reasons, my New Year's is not starting off on a good note. I really cried myself to sleep and didn't wake up feeling much better. Today I have to act happy and go see all my family. It's the one day a year the whole family gets together, all the cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. There will be 21 people at my aunt's house, and I'd rather stay home and mope and feel sorry for myself.
Old 01-01-2002, 02:53 PM   #23  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

I watched DH and SD#1 pop fireworks from the window!!!SD#2 woke up and she sat in my lap and enyoyed them also!!!!

Today we have been sitting around doing nothing and I am enjoying every bit of it!!!It is soo weird like AF just visited..It started on Friday--then today it is like it is finishing...My stress is way down cuz I have to believe that all is ok and if not it was never meant to be...Cant wait to see my little boy/girl again tomorrow!!!!!!I may take a belly pic and post it soo U can laugh!!!! Definately different!!!!!!

Lauren--Hope the day is going better!!!!!
Take care all!!!!
RR
Old 01-01-2002, 08:15 PM   #24  
LBH

Hi All,

Just got home from my Aunt's house. It was a nice day, really nice to see my cousins that live in CA and CO, and to meet my one cousin's girlfriend, possibly soon to be fiance! She seems very nice, and can take the humor of my uncle!! I'm feeling a little better than I was this AM.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 01-02-2002, 11:18 AM   #25  

Good Morning!!!!
It snowed last night!!!!First time since 1987!!!!!!Kind of cool to see when I went to work at 4am...The only problem was couldn't wake up anyone else to enjoy!!!!!

The interstate was closed and it was a mess getting to work and from work!!Off to Doc #1 to get a throat culture and then Doc #2 to get the ultrasound@@
Vicki
Old 01-02-2002, 02:29 PM   #26  

HI ALL! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tomorrow night I go back to ww - it will be embarassing - but I HAVE to do it in order to get started all over again. I'm ticked at myself for gaining like I did over the holidays & having to relose this weight! Silly me.

Tracey - Welcome!! Good luck with your weight loss goals.

Lauren - we will be in Manhattan. ~ Did you taste the wheat germ on your oatmeal? ~ Why are you so blue? It's cool that your whole family gets together for new year's day!

NANCI - HELLO!! Great to hear from you - glad to have you back. We do hear from Legal occasionally and Kymber not as often.

RR - cool that you got snow! Some of my family/friends were just in your neck of the woods for the bowl game. ~ Hope all goes well at the doctor for you today.

RABBIT
Old 01-02-2002, 02:55 PM   #27  
LBH

Hi All,

It feels sooo good to be back to a normal schedule!! I never thought I'd hear myself say that, but it really is great! There was some crap food laying out today, but I avoided it...instead of taking the piece of choc. pie that I kept looking at, I took a small handful of M&M's...maybe 10-15 of them...2 pts?? Whatever, it was better than the pie! I'm really hungry today, have to get my body back into not eating soo much mode, you know what I mean?

Rabbit- I usually have the wheat germ on oatmeal when I make it at home, like from regular oatmeal, not the packaged stuff. The turkey meatballs turned out great though! They were a little bland without sauce on them, but I don't think that's because of the wheat germ, I think it's just that it's turkey, ya' know? They were delicious in the sauce! How did your salmon turn out?
Manhatten is just over the GW Bridge. Are you staying overnight, or for the weekend? Maybe the four of us can get together for dinner or something, if you want? We're probably about 45 minutes from the city. Are you staying in NY or NJ? You can stay much less expensively in NJ, I'm sure. Depending on where in the city you have to go, you could stay in the Secaucus area, which is outside the Lincoln Tunnel, or the Fort Lee/Teaneck area, which is outside the George Washington Bridge, or the Jersey City area, which is outside the Holland Tunnel. If you need any help finding a place, let me know. Oh, I was just moping because I want it all and now...

RR- Be careful in the snow, I know all you southerners lose your mind in the snow... ... How did the ultrasound go?! I'm dying to see pics!!

Nanci- Nice to see you're still making the Mexico trip! Sucks to be a boss and have to tell people they're being let go I guess...especially right before the holidays. I can't believe companies do that!! It's just wrong.

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Old 01-02-2002, 02:56 PM   #28  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default I HAVE NO WILLPOWER!

I hate myself for it but it's true - I really have no willpower which is why I can't keep certain foods in the house and do okay without them. But in the last few weeks there has been so much chocolate around home and at work that I've been so bad. I'm trying to just tell myself that it's never too late to just stop! (if that makes any sense?) I got rid of everything at home but I came in today and clearly other people feel the same way about getting the chocolate out of their homes, and brought it all to work!

I had done so well the last few months and I know I haven't erased all that but I still feel guilty. I have to get back to the gym and get back to good eating. Thankfully my husband is still with me on the diet front so I think things will steadily improve over the next few days. Today was bad but better than yesterday and I might even be able to stay within my points if I eat a really sensible dinner. I hate the way I feel and I'm scared to get on the scale so I'm going to try to wait until I have a good couple of days in a row and then I'll check the damage. I'm trying so hard to get below 150 but I fear I might be closer to 160 right now. My official XMAS goal was 156 and I think I made that but right now, who knows?

Sorry about the venting but it helps me get things in perspective. I think if I try to check in here more often just to say how I'm doing it might help but sometimes I don't have enough time to respond to everyone so I don't write anything - you know?

That's it for me I guess, now that I have a minute let's see how everyone's doing......

Rabbit - As you can see we're kind of all in the same boat with the holiday eating but it's a new year with a new goal and we can do it. I guess we all have to not let the setbacks stop us!!

RR - funny that you have snow and we don't!!! But I'm sure yours didn't last too long. Hope the doctors appointments went okay and let us know how you're doing.

Lauren - hope you're doing better today than you seemed to be doing yesterday and I hope it wasn't more than a mild case of the blues - if that's true I've been there.

BFB - how's your hubby doing? and how's your battle against the pringles??

Welcome to all the new and returning people - hope everyone feels welcome to jump in and let us know how you're doing.

Elisa
Old 01-02-2002, 03:20 PM   #29  
Pink Thingy

Hi all

In the battle of Pringles vs BFB - I am afraid at the moment the pringles are winning. One redeeming feature though is that I have not polished off as much as I am able to normally - not that keen, but today the only thing I can taste is pringles. Bit of a sore throat developing......Planned to start exercising again today, but he combination of AF and a sore throat put paid to that. Can you believe I had an eye infection for Christmas and a sore throat for the New Year

Hubby is much better. I don't feel that sorry for him, because it was self inflicted. To be blunt, I have never seen so much vodka, wine and port re-appear I think it was called "Bringing in the New Year - again". We have been married for nearly four years and we've known each other for nearly ten years and I have never seen him drunk before. I am not a drinker, one glass of wine and I have to go to bed, coz I get a bit giggly. So anyway, I fell asleep before the New Year arrived and heard him bashing into things, so I ignored him.

A lot more banging later and I started to get mad. Eventually when I heard him being "ill" I thought I had better go investigate. Suffice to say I spent the early hours of New Year tending to my husband and watching him sleep on the sofa, while I stayed up to see if he was OK. The things we do for love. But I have already warned him it won't happen again. He remembers everything, especially me saying (sorry this might be too graphic for those with an active imagination) "keep your head over the bowl/bucket/basin"

Anyway, by now I may have put everyone off their evening meal. Good, coz when you all lose weight this week, I will take the credit for it

C U Later

Old 01-02-2002, 04:02 PM   #30  
LBH

Aww...poor Mr. BFB!! Not too graphic for me, I'm a nurse's kid...used to hearing those things during meals!!

Elisa- Come on hon, pull yourself up and get a little will power!! I only caved a little today, and it was pure loss of will power!! I small handful of M&M's and a 2 bar kit kat...could've been worse!! I'm really trying to get the water in to fill me up though, since my tummy not used to being soo empty!! We have to re-train ourselves!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Closed Thread