Old 08-13-2007, 07:57 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Monday, 8/13

Mornin' All!

I Have an interview at 10, temp position. Then I take Robby to the neurologist later this afternoon.

Have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:04 AM   #2  
KAR

Morning Everyone,
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Lauren good luck at your interview today. Hope things go well with Robby's appointment this afternoon.
I have to take my nephew and mother-in-law to doctor's appointments this morning. I have to drop my nephew off at his orthontios (Sp.) at 10 and then take my mil for her eye appointment at 10:45. So it is going to be a busy morning. I was suppose to go to the car dealership in the afternoon to get my oil changed. It is an hour drive one way. I think I might just wait and do that tomorrow.
Well I hope you all have a great Monday. I have to think about getting ready for the day. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Everyone,

Lauren ~ you're taking Robby to the neurologist??? What is going on with the little guy? I know that you take Peter but didn't realize that Robby was going too.

Kerry ~ Happy Monday to you! When does school start for the stepkids?

Kerri ~ just finished reading your post from last night ~LOL! I do hope that Aunt Flo drops in TODAY and leaves by FRIDAY!!! Just try and get thru today by thinking about where you'll be a week from now... Lucky Girl!

Hanna ~ I've been thinking about you. Is Sean home yet? How soon will be able to go back to school?

Sheila ~ How's things on the homefront? I hope that they're good and that you're enjoying your morning cup of java:-).

MO ~ Miss you Girlfriend. Things just aren't the same without my little morning serving of lemon coffecake dusted with powdered sugar. Damn, now I'm hungry for a sweet...

My kids only have two more days until school starts ~ yippee!! Everyone is so ready for a routine again in this household. The kids are getting bored and picking at each other. And, mama is getting cranky... Just finished doing the treadmill for 30 minutes. It is amazing how much better I feel afterwards. We have a full day ahead so better get moving and get my shower in. Have a great day everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #4  

Morning everyone. Happy Monday!
2 more days until school starts here as well. I'm happy b/c the kids are bored and need some routine again. But a tiny, teeny, and I MEAN tiny, part of me is sad also. I get so used to them that when I'm alone again all day I get a little nostalgic. BUT it will be nice to get some projects done around the house.
Plus, when the kids are in school I'm much better about going to the gym. I drop them off at the bus, and then go STRAIGHT to the gym. During the summer it's tough. We all sleep in, and then I never make it there.
Lauren-Good luck at your interview. And at the dr. as well. Being as I'm new I don't know the stories behind most of everyone's posts, but I hope to catch up.!
Kerry- Sounds like a BUSY day. That's good though. I like busy days. Less time for me to think about FOOD! Have a good one.
Joan- Are you ready for school to start? How old are your kids? I'm sure you've said, and I will get familiar with everyone soon I hope.

Well, Off to pick up, get shower, etc...I will check in later...

Heather
Hdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Morining all
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning Heather ~ I know exactly what you mean about the teeny, tiny part being sad... I love having the kids at home with me. We moved to a new neighborhood over the summer and I'm anxious for the kids to meet new friends. I have a third grader, a first grader and a 4 1/2 yr. old. She'll start Kindergarten next year so this is my last year with my baby:-(. She's my little buddy and next year will be *very* sad for me...

John ~ have a good day. Hey, by the way, did you ever find a good recipe for the eggplant that you bought? I grilled one the other day and it was delicious.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:30 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I'm back! It went well, beautiful new office. Still only temp, and lower pay than I want, but doable. We'll see if they liked me.

Joan, Robby has been working with a Speech Therapist and Teacher from Early Intervention. We discontinued the Speech two weeks ago, because he really doesn't need it, and she wasn't clicking with him anyway. The teacher is awesome and clicked with him right away. The speech therapist said that he has many red flags for autism, and when the director at daycare asked the teacher what she thought, she agreed, but was quick to point out that she had only met him once for a short visit, and would not have said anything at that point. They recommended taking him to a Developmental Ped., or Neurologist, so that's why we're going. Personally, I don't think there's a problem. I was worried for 1/2 a second, but I really think he's just a little behind...second kid syndrome.

Boys, you guys with kids going back to school this week are lucky!! When did they get out for the summer though?

Hi to everyone!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:30 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey Lauren, how'd the interview go? Hope everything is okay with Robby. I read in our paper today that DD is going to be distributing their coffees in grocery stores and through Walmart and thought of you. Hope everything is well.

Kerri, I agree with Joan. Hopefully it will be long gone by Friday. But if you are like me, it will come on Friday or Sat. Good luck and enjoy next week either way. Remember you are with your DH & away from work.

Mo, where are ya girl? Are those jurrors being mean to you? What's going on?

to everyone else.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #9  

Joan- Our kids are very similar in age. I have a 1st grader and a 4th grader. Yep, you will be devastated next year when your baby leaves the nest. BUT it will get easier. Then you will enjoy that time.

Lauren-Glad things went well with you this morning. If you don't mind me asking what are the symptoms that they think are autistic? Our kids got out for summer on May 15th. or somewhere around there.
Hdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #10  

Hi all...still a newbie but back for more this week. I was fairly good all weekend with the exception of Sunday night where we had home made Chicken Marsala and fresh corn on the cob(with butter) and some yummy turkish wine. I woke up and got on the scale and didnt see a gain or loss so I guess Im ok with that.

Today is my day off but had to watch my sisters kids while she went in for training. Both girls (4 and 1) were wonderful. We played candy land and uno (and tickle games with the baby) and had lots of fun. I will probably get outside for a little soccer with my daughter in a bit. She needs some practice and I could use the exercize. Looks like everyone else is having a good day too. Sooo great to see!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #11  
KAR

Afternoon All,
Well I am back from taking my passengers to the doctor's. Then on my way home I get a phone call to stop at the grocery store for lunchmeat, cheese and buns. So I stopped got that stuff and stopped at Wendy's for a salad for me. So plan on relaxing the rest of the day and reading a book. I have to go to the library later today. So I hope that I can finish it by then. As for my stepkids they go back to school on the 21st. I have a staff meeting that day and then an inservice to my new building on the 24th. Then the district inservice on the 30th. Then it back to the grindstone on the 4th of Sept. But we will get out the first of June if the weather man cooperates.
Sounds like a lot of kiddos go back to school on Wednesday this week. Enjoy the peace and quiet at home. Lol I know that you will miss them that first week or so,
Lauren I hope your job interview has good results for you. When will you hear back from the interview?
Joan glad you got your excerise in for the day. I am hoping to go for a walk this evening. Maybe I can convince my dh to go with me.
Heather sounds like you have a full day ahead of you too. Hope you enjoy yourself.
Lisa, how are things in sunny Toledo? Things have finally cooled off down in my part of Ohio.
Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a wonderful afternoon.
Chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:57 PM   #12  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

flying bye sorry been super busy with back to school shopping etc and a teething baby on my hip at all times LOL
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #13  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Week 2, No change in weight. Even behaved myself (for the most part) at the 2 BBQ's I went to this past weekend.

3 cheers for not-effective & useless. :P
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

got some great news today. I have an interview on Wednesday at Lane Bryant stores. There is a new mall opening up and they are in the process of hiring the management staff now. Hopefully it will go well.

Things are great in Northern Ohio. It is in the low 80's with very low humidity, but things are going to change tomorrow.

Tonight mom and I are going to see some relitives down in Findlay Oh. When we go down there, we usually stop at an ice cream store that has been a family business for over 60 (almost 70) years. They make their own ice creams and chocolates. yum ~ yea! I will limit myself there. (It is tradition after all)

Well off to clean my bedroom.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

Lauren I hope they like you a lot at this new office, maybe they would consider the temp. more permanent ....

Lisa the ice cream shop sounds too good, it is difficult to find places like that anymore. Everywhere we go around here (all neighborhoods) look the same, same shops same big chain restaurant (corporate America)! Enjoy your visit with your mom! good luck with the interview!!!

GG how was your trip?

Michelle give a big hug to the baby for me!

Roo hand in there! I am sure it is very disappointing, keep your chin up!
:Hug:
Kerry you had a busy morning! Dh loves Wendy's salad bar. Enjoy your book!

Melinda where are you pumpkin pie???

Joan, Laurie and Heather

I am doing OK, we took Sean out of the hospital yesterday, it is a long story. The staff was really not working with him at all, and every afternoon last week he was sedated, I was pretty upset about it, they kept telling me and DH DS was misbehaving and out of control so they would give him a PRN. I would understand that if it was once or twice, but it happened all week, every time we went to visit he was asleep we would barely be able to talk to him Even though we would wake him up, he was pretty sleepy. So on Saturday I spoke to the Dr. and asked him if we could spend they day w/Sean at the hospital not just one hour, he approved it, well Sunday I called in the AM like I did everyday and check to see how his night was and how did he start his day. The nurse told me then we were only allowed to visit for 45 minutes and then again at 7 PM. So we drove down to the hospital left the house at 8:45 am, we get there and one of the nurses had already told Sean he was going home can you say "WRONG" and all hi clothes were ready to go. so the other nurse the one I spoke to on the phone tells me the Dr. said you can taking home but it is against medical advice, DH said to me just sing the paper work we are taking him out of here. So we did, we brought him back home. Amazingly we didn't have any major problems yesterday afternoon and we didn't have the need to even think of a PRN, that kind of confirmed my suspicion they were just not wanting to deal with him and making him sleepy was the answer, I am so MAD!!! we didn't admit him to be sedated, no one can learn to modify behavior if they are asleep. So now I am home with him. Today has not been to easy, but it has not been as difficult as other times. We are meeting with his psychiatrist in the afternoon and hear what he has to say about all the new meds he is on now. I am waiting to hear from the advocate about an emergency IEP meeting so he can go to one of the programs available for his age before we go back to school. All the other kids in the neighborhood went back to school today, Sean's school stars again in Sept. so I desperately need to find something for him to do for 3 week, I can't do it all by myself. I would go nuts, oh no! I can't go nuts I am there already. LOL

I have to go, I made a schedule for Sean to follow at home, I made it with pictures so he can see what we are doing what are we doing next and so on, it turn out really nice! So I have to go and follow it!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote