Old 08-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215.2/210/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Frustrating day 4 to diet......

I am new here, by the way. My name is Emily, hello to all! I started my diet on Monday and by Tuesday a.m. I had lost 5 pounds! Super excited but buy Wednesday I was up 6 ounces, today I was back down past the 5 pound loss mark plus and extra 2 ounces. So really since Mon. I am down 5.2 pounds. Which I wish that I had loss more gradually because I like to see the scale go down... it brings confidence, and encouragement. I have had two scale weighing with not much change to see and it is a bit discouraging. KWIM? Because the thing is, I feel like I have lost weight. I know it's probably all relative because it will just jump off later... don't give up! Oh by the way I am 31 years old, and I am happy to join this group for support and to support others. Have a great day all......
mum2seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/222/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Emily,
Congratulations on your 5 pound loss!! I loose so slowly, that I would be jumping for joy. What kind of diet are you on? Are you also exercising? BTW, your little girl is beautiful. Is she number seven? - Goldie
Goldia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:32 PM   #3  

THANK YOU! Yes she is number seven and boy do I have a baby pooch belly, but not for long! I am doing a diet called lean for life. It is moderate protein low carb diet. And you usually try to have one protein day a week for optimal weight loss. I am trying to not go toooo drastic as I am still bf'ing my baby. But I want to make healthy choices for me, enough that I loose this extra weight. I notice that my feet have been aching and I can't hardly ride a bike. Probably because I am carrying so much extra weight my body is having a hard time, needless to say I am doing something about it before I have bad problems! I am glad we are all here to support one another. Have a great day.....
Old 08-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #4  

Hey Emily. I am sorta new here too as I kind of com and go whenever I need a little help losing the weight. I am 32 mom of 2 and small business owner. I live in NH. I have been eating right and working out for a month but just got back from vaca and seemed to gain back all the weight I lost. So, its back to the drawing board I go. What are some of the things you are doing? I am eating lots of veggies lower carb, lower fat, cutting out all alcohol (which is hard cuz I own a wine shop) and drinking more water. Also working out 5 times a week for a half hour. My least favorite part!! I am doing the wake up at the ungodly 5:30 AM to go down in my dark basement for some biking and weight lifting. YUCK! But I do feel happier and more energetic when I do it so I must.

Well, nice chatting with you...

Laurie
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #5  

I usually have an egg for breakfast, I drink this new green tea supp. from here in UTAH. Have 1/2 protein bar for mid morning snack. At lunch I eat a serving of protein, vegi's, salad w/ low fat dressing. Mid afternoon another 1/2 protein bar (these are low carb ones from quixtar). Dinner I do the same as Lunch but add a fruit or have a whole grain.(once in a while I substitute a small amount of potatoes). Oh and I drink that green tea drink again with Lunch. Through out the day I drink at least 80 ounces of water, And I have an evening snack as well (protein). I am not exersizing right now cause we just moved. I do get out and walk or bike a few times a week. I am waiting for our sub's gym to be done then I will go work out again. It was nice chatting with you too, see you around!!!

P.S. How fun it must be to own a wine shope! Want to boot leg some in UTAH? LOL
Old 08-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Emily!

My guess would be that most of that 5 lbs. is water weight. Don't worry, sounds like you've got a good plan going, so you'll do great! And stay off the scale everyday!! You'll drive yourself nuts!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:36 AM   #7  

Your right, I should weigh just once a week! LOL
Old 08-21-2007, 01:28 AM   #8  
aka Anne Marie

S/C/G: 232/222/145

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on your 5 lb. loss! I am new here, too. But I like to weigh myself daily. Just don't be concerned when the scale bobbles around a bit. It's going to do that over the course of the week. It's the overall downward trend you want to see, and you're definitely seeing that!
principessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

you should be celebrating your five lb wt loss. Congrats on that!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember...you didn't put the weight on overnight...and its not going to come off over night. Studies show that people who lose weight slowly (1-2 lb a week) usually keep it off. The first few weeks the weight flies off...so please don't be discourage when the wt loss slows down. Weight loss is loss. and i second the opinion of stop getting on the scale daily...it will drive you mad. Pick a day and time every week. Do it the same day. That way you avoid seeing those daily fluctuations. Good luck!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote