Old 08-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

Default TOM and weight issues

My TOm has been messed up... no surprise.... i have lost weight and knew it would mess up again.

i have struggled for weeks trying to have one. Spotting and such.... the scale didnt go up, but it sure didnt want to go down. my ticker says 188, that is the lowest i saw it lately but right now i go get on the scale it says 190. i know it water... i am eating right... not exersicing as hard, but still moving ( i feel so weak during this time) well yesturday it broke thru.... not just spotting.... so i am happy. I feel bad when it tries to start and wont, i feel a lot happier afterwards.

Anyway.... has anyone seen a real weight drop after holding water like this for weeks? Im hoping once it passes that atleast 4 pounds will go with it....

i know it might not, but the fact that i have been able ,not to binge and i didnt go buy a bag of hershey kisses says a lot..... before i got seriouse with my weight i would do good for 2 weeks of dieting and then go nuts of sweets before my period.... so i have at least defeaded that demon!
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Hmm...I thought I had posted, but for some reason it's not here. Maybe I forgot to send after my preview?

I was just going to say that I just went through a weird cycle. I'm no stranger to long cycles. The last one I had went 48 days, though. It's been awhile since it went that long. And yes, I held onto water for a couple weeks, it seemed. I was hanging around 206. AF finally visited on Aug. 2, and ended yesterday. Yesterday my weight was finally coming down some, and this morning, I was at 200.4. Pretty interesting, but what a pain to have to deal with each cycle!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/130

Height: 5f 6in

it is like something evil tring to dicourage you from loosing weight.... i do look better and i feel a lot better from loosing.... so Lord willing i wont gain any back ... i am sticking to this no matter what that scale says or my period does... the fat isnt going without a fight... but thats ok.... im pmsing and good at fighting!....lol
lendingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

How are you doing this week? We were away from Friday evening - Monday evening, at the in-laws'. It's really difficult to fully stay "good" there. I ate many wrong foods/ Totally blew Phase 1 of SBD over the weekend (all the carbs all weekend), but the good news is that as of today, I'm at least back down to 200.something. Now if I can just stay on track...especially if I go up to MY parents' house this weekend.

ANYWAY!!! Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. I agree that TOM is like some evil thing there to discourage weight loss. But if we look at it optimistically, it's also a good excuse for weight gain. So about a week or two of the month, if we tend to retain water, it's AF's fault and not ours!!!
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 219/164/155

Height: 5'9

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I gain almost 6 pounds the week before my period and lose it two days after it ends. Before trying to lose weight, I had never noticed it before, but after the first two times it happened I begin tracking my TOM and was prepared for it. I guess it's another reason why weight it just that...weight. It can mean water, hormones, or even muscle gain. I have a hard time not stressing about it, but it still freaks me out to see the jump on the scale every month.
lorettadion is offline   Reply With Quote