Old 08-02-2007, 03:25 PM   #16  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Sounds like everyone is having a good day! Well I spent my morning trying to get my dh to get his butt in gear to go to the hospital. He got drunk on Monday for his birthday and didn't fully recover until late Tuesday night. So guess who babysat him and his three kids all day on Tuesday? You guessed it right me. Well he fell out of bed and hit his head on the nightstand. He had a big goose egg on the side of his head yesterday and complained of a nasty headache all day long. Well he said that we couldn't go yesterday because of the birthday party we had to go to with the kids last night. So this morning we went. He is fine. The goose egg is gone today. Probably just bruised the inside of his head. But I just wanted the peace of mind that nothing was really wrong. See my cousin who is my age had a brain anyersum (sp) when he was 22. He is fine now. But it just scares me when people either hit their heads or complain of sharp pain. Then we took the boys to Arby's for lunch. Sorry guys I didn't eat too healthy. I had a Regular Roast Beef Combo meal with curly fries. But I think I might have sweated them out when I got home. I finished the mowing the yard. Now it is off to get a shower. Tonight my dh and I are going on a date to the one county fair near us. We are going to the horse pull. That is something he likes to do. I have never been to one before. So it should be interesting.
GG those were cute pics. Sounds like you had a nice hike today. We have a state park near us called Old Man's Cave. I love to go there and go hiking. Haven't been there yet this year. Oh I take that back. I went back in Jan. to take a picture of the sign in front of the park for my sister. Have fun unpacking.
Mo sounds like you are having a lot of fun on your vacation. Enjoy your girls night out. Drink a couple drinks for me. I haven't drank for four weeks. I had a date with Jack Daniels and we had a major falling out. I got sick and threw up in my dh's truck. He was not a happy camper. So I am shying away from alcohol for a little bit.
John, hope your day got better. Enjoy your weekend with your mom.
Hi to everyone else. My dh is betting for his turn at the computer. I think somedays he waits until I get on this website and then he just has to have the computer.
Have a great evening!
Chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #17  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 01:46 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #18  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Katrina: UR so cute! Yeah, I always try to sound like my life is full of exciting events one after another...truth is I haven't been on a date in over 2 years and I usually just spend my weekends working in my yard, reading a book or watching my hamster sleep! This week is just totally a break from the norm!!! I would have to say staying home and having kids to watch is always an adventure and I'm often envious when I hear the stories!!!

GGkins: Ok, I went for my run...and drank 45 oz. of water in the 20 minutes I've been home now....that was totally insane! It's 95 degrees out and actually very humid (earlier in the week it was only slightly cooler but the humidity was much lower). I about died...and people were honking @ me as I struggled to move my stumps down a main road...lovely. Oh well, I did it and that's all that matters. But, I think I am going to indulge a tad and choose the healthiest menu option tonight and just eat a few bites and take the rest home...I'm friggin' starving. If I go up in weight tomorrow, I'll know it's just 'cause I ate my last meal too late and ate over my fat for the day...not that traumatic. I will feel guilty I'm sure...but better that than stopping through Mickey D's again for a small burger. This place will have some ecclectic veggie wrap or something that's lower in fat and an overall better option.

HI Kerry!

Ok all, off to shower, I'm a nasty mess! MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #19  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Christina / Kerri -- I PM'ed both of you re: Facebook.

to everyone else.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
wow it has been very busy around here! :smile:

thank you all for the birthday wishes!

My birthday actually s***ed! Sean is not doing well at all, we are not seeing any improvement either, the good thing is the hospital is seeing what he does and what I go through, I am glad they are seeing it. Today I got a call from them that he is really unstable and they just can't seem to find out what to do with him, he is kicking everything and everyone, I feel really bad but I don't know what else to do and they keep telling me he is where he needs to be, he is safe there. I have no idea how they can do this kind of work, the staff gets pretty bit up, Sean has kicked them all literally. It takes very special people to take care of people and children like this.

Had sushi for dinner nothing really exciting.

Melinda you are a crack up, I love reading your posts, where do you get all that energy specially being on so little food~ G-d Bless you!

Joan Italian food sounds great! mmmm....

Angie sounds like you are in a great neighborhood, that is so great!

Roo I am glad I didn't have to come get you! we miss you when you are not around.

John good luck with all the stuff you are doing, you are a good friend. Sorry you were late for work cause of traffic!

Melinda have a wonderful time tonight, you deserve it! enjoy your vacation!

Gg I love the pictures, the view is gorgeous! I wouldn't want to leave, the trails sound so wonderful I am tired just from imaging it. I agree it would be a great idea to buy the dog a backpack.

Michelle you are a great grandma what a lucky baby!

Sheila how are you?

Lisa I am glad things are working out for you! :smile:

Welcome Katrina!!!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Well I'm in a better mood. I was just really bent outta shape this morning. Day didn't get better but after I shocked the **** out myself with a live wire I calmed down and had a good day lol

Melinda- Thanks for the hugs! You're not the only one who hasn't been on a date in 2 years. (opera don't count cause shes a good friend lol). Glad you like my sense of humor cause I get called a goof because of it and not in a good way. Glad you got your walk in and enjoy your night out.

GG- Dammmmmnnnnnnn you're hot. I'll leave it at that cause I like people thinking I'm nice guy. Glad you liked the hike looks like a lot of fun. thanks for the hugs!

Kerry- sound like last 2 weeks for you been rough. Hang in there

Hanna-

Everyone else HI! hope you all had good day!

I stayed on plan today as well so I'm happy.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:33 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

GG ~ Love the hair! I can tell that you have gorgeous hair and skin ~ LUCKY!!!! Anyone here a "Napoleon Dynamite" fan? I freely admit that I am a huge fan:-).

MO ~ have fun tonight and order a little food to go with those two drinks. Drinking on an empty stomach is not a good idea.

Katrina ~ I'm impressed that you exercised today after breaking your foot two weeks ago. Sounds like my life is a whole lot like yours... three kids, cleaning house, running errands... wouldn't trade it for anything. However, there are some days when I feel like pulling my hair out.

Rooster Dude ~ so good to see you back with us!! You're the best.

Hanna ~ as always, HUGE hug to you... None of us have any idea what you're going thru right now but we're all here for you. How fortunate you are to have such a good relationship with DH. You both need each other right now.

Karen K ~My mom gave me a whole bunch of zucchini from her garden and I've done all kinds of things with it. I found this recipe called "Beef and Zucchini Casserole" where you cut up zucchini and put it in the bottom of a pan, ground beef on top of that. Loads of herbs, diced tomatoes, bread crumbs, etc., etc... It's in the oven right now and it smells wonderful. I can't see the kids eating it but I'm going to make them try it. The two oldest are so damn picky that it drives me nuts.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:15 PM   #23  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

OH! The link that was entertaining everyone.....for those of you not on Facebook: http://www.glumbert.com/media/laugh

You may want to go pee first.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

GG - You are just stunning! What a lucky man DH is (and he's not bad himself).

Joan - Yes, HI is still the plan. Cannot wait.

Roo - thanks for the PM

Hanna - Big to you. Just keep saying to yourself, 'Sean is safe.' I wish I could help more.

MO - I am a night owl. It is soo bad. I am regularly up til 1am. Have fun tonight!

This is just a quick posting. DH got some bad news today; a childhood friend was killed in a car accident. DH has some major post-traumatic stress due to an accident a couple of years ago. So, i have been spending lots of phone time with him today.

Have a great night everyone!

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

John - thanks for the compliment. DH always tells me how great i look, but it is nice hearing it from others.
fannie - sorry to hear about DH's friend. and yes DH is pretty good looking (:
hanna- i wish there was more we could do to help, just know that we. And know that he is safe at the hospital. I know its hard, but it really is probably something he needs.
joan - i loved napolean dynamite.
roo - that was pretty funny.
alright guys...i think my hike wiped me out...i'm going to shower and off to bed. Night all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #26  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

OMGosh I'm friggin' tired...and just a little, well...I only had two specially brewed "pops," but since I normally hook up with a lovely yellow liquid by the name of Corona dressed up w/el limeooo, that brewed stuff is wicked...I'm busted. Yeow. Going to bed soon..just wanted to let everyone know that I made it home safe and sound...pics to follow. I did good. I was very very hungry. I ordered the portabello mushroom and tomato w/pesto sandwich. I ate only the mushroom with some of the pesto scraped off the bun. I did eat the pickle that was on a date w/the sandwich and about 2 bites of a tomato that was covered in feta cheese. I gave all the homemade chips to my friend Lisa. So, I left 99% of the feta cheese behind, as well as the bun and chips. I'm a good girl huh? Yeah, except I'm drinking some Pepsi now to come back to the living. Yowza Shmowza! Where the heck do they keep the beds in this joint? LOL..I'm home, it was a JOKE...I know where my futon is folks...and besides, my grammar is pretty dead on...so I think you can assume I'm ok! Until menana! MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #27  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hanna

I hope things get better for you with your son. I am so sorry! Things are just there. Pretty sad actually. The kids and I went to our counseling session tonight and it was good. Found out alot of stuff!!!

Joan my bday is sunday so no he hasn't got me anything yet we will see. What I really want is him to treat me good.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #28  

Sheila- If he doesn't smack him with a rubber chicken. You'll feel better and if you get it on video you could be the next internet star!!

I kidd, I kidd

No I don't smack him cause he should done something nice!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Gatorgal - hey! If I recall correctly, you are a vet, right? Did you read the post about the cat that had the infected leg? It was pretty heartbreaking and the result was the cat was put to sleep. I was wondering what you would recommend in a situation where a person has no vet available or can't afford one?
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #30  

You know it only takes one thing to make a bad day good. Weds I had a cheese steak and half an order of fries, A blueberry&cream from starbucks(tall size) and I went and saw my dad. Had a good time with him but didn't eat so I went to BK for a grilled chicken sandwich no mayo and had a med drink and order of fries. I was feeling crappy cause I went so far off and I hadn't worked out.

Today it took 2 hrs and 15 mins to get to work when it normally takes me 50 mins. Everything I touched at work today wouldn't stay fixed. My hand made circuit board gave me fits to no end all the while my boss saying "Aren't you done yet?" I deicde to leave work on time and go in early tomorrow. Well I hit yet another accident on the way home and it took me 1hr and 40mins to get home tonight!!

So I cook my 8oz of fish and cooked down 10oz of peppers I drink a 8oz baby coke cause yeah I need comfort from the crappy 2 days I saw I had me some bud in the fridge as well so I cracked on of them too.

Then for some reason I figure let me see what the scale says just so I see what the damge is. An the damn scale was down another pound even on a full belly.

So its turned out to be a great day!