Old 07-30-2007, 05:29 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat Monday 7/30

Good MOrning!!!
Busy weekend so just getting back on the computer--Maintained again but I think this body is happy where it is at..I feel good, clothes fit so I dont care as long as I can maintain here...

Big John--I have always wanted to see that play...Despite all the pre-play activities, glad things worked out in the end..

GG-Glad things are becomming Home!!! DH has his boy toy also--a big 4 wheel drive taller then me truck...OMG--perfect for living in Michigan and driving in the snow--but here????Ok--It could be used for a hurricane high water situation if I had a ladder to climb in the door!!!

Ok--off to work!!! Good Morning to everyone!!! The baby is doing fine--eating well and not on any heart meds at present--another five pound weight gain--and we will be...
On another baby note---my best friend had a baby last July(from a donor from a SB)She turned one last week and is 31 inches tall and weighs 29 lbs..Supposidly the donor was 6'4 but the pedi is concerned about all kinds of things like rapid bone aging, thyroid issues etc etc..She has put her on a diet...Has anyone had big babies and all was ok?? Mine was always tall and skinny so I am no help...
Have a great one!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

good morning everyone , it is up early and off too the dr here. going to get a check up done and some test done. but the biggest thing is going to talk to the dr about chantix for stopping smoke. really will it do me good to lose weight and workout and then die from lung cancer.....nope don't think so..so it is time to stop now and finish the other changes in my life. i am worried about the weight gain from stopping but my plan is using exercise as a stress reliever hope that helps!!! but i am more worried about this now then losing weight. i know i can lose weight but i have tried so many times to stop smoking. well i am off too get ready
adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:12 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

DH is doing chantix and it is working but slowly. It has been a month and he has went from two packs a day down to one. That is progress. we can tell he doesn't smell like smoke like he did.

Went to billings yesterday with my folks and daughter they bought me a ruby set with a ring, earrings, necklace for my birthday.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:51 AM   #4  
sheila

I have to vent.........
My DH you all know what I have been going through. Well we have been talking nice to each other even had a little --- the other night. Now this morning he wakes up hardly speaks when he does it is in such a tone, which isn't unusual since he is not a morning person at all. Then my oldest gets up and says mom dad asked me if I was still texting my cousin because the cousin is my SIL son. He has not talked nice about me at all either and chris my son hasn't talked nice about his mom. Which is crap that the teenagers are involved but.........I told DH what did you expect when it is said in front of the kids. I seriously feel like just telling him today lets you and me reach a settlement and you can go on with life feeling sorry for yourself and me and the kids can get on with it. My attorney which I am not sure about this I am going to get a second thought on the subject said the stocks that are worth 98.00 a share are not suppose to be cut equally. That is bull those stocks were given to him during our marriage. We are talking massive amount of money here not just a few bucks. The stocks all of them that we have are worth a little over 7 million when we cash them out, which a 1/3 will be in Dec, this year. I just hate that he is so rude to me not all of the time but most of it. I hate feeling not loved. I am telling him I am washing my hands of his family. Those people have never contributed anything positive in my life nor my kids. I have just had it with the bull. Sorry for letting it go like this.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning All ~ Happy Monday... it's a happy one for me as it's summertime. Two weeks from now reality kicks in. My kids start school August 15th. Is anyone else starting that early?

I've weighed myself for the past three mornings in a row and I'm down another 2 lbs. Yippeee! This weight is coming off slow. I know that it would come off faster if I went on a "diet" like I've done in the past. No more of that. Exercise, and smaller portions of the foods that I like eating. Some days are better than others regarding food but some form of exercise is #1 goal.

RR ~ all of my babies have been big. The two oldest are very thin now at 6 and 9. My 4 year old was my biggest baby and she is still chunky. She is very active but in spite of that, I feel sure that she will struggle with weight. I see my hips and thighs in her future... poor kid. I think that so much of it has to do with genetics. My doctor wasn't overly concerned with her weight as it's obvious that she doesn't come from small stock LOL. She is also my best eater of all three kids and can't get enough fruits and veggies. I'm thankful for that as I always have fresh fruit available for snacks.

Morning Adah ~ Have you ever heard of some sort of laser thing being stuck in a person's ear to help quit smoking? My MIL was a life long smoker and she had that done two years ago and hasn't touched a cigarette since. My DD's preschool teacher had the same thing done and it was successful for her as well. I can find out the exact name from my MIL if you're interested. I never would have believed that she'd be able to quit smoking. Amazing. Good luck!!

Sheila ~ I'm not trying to defend DH but the man lost his father *and* is trying to quit smoking??? I remember when my DH tried over and over again to quit smoking and the man was nearly impossible to live with. I *hate* cigarettes and yet remember pulling some money out of my wallet telling him to go buy some smokes. He finally quit for good 8 years ago on our oldest's first birthday. Nicotine does some seriously weird stuff to a person's system.

Our dinner last night was fresh produce from my folks garden. I'm so hooked on summer veggies right now. They taste so good this year! Today will be spent doing more painting. I am so sick of painting!!!!!!!!! I especially hate painting ceilings. I'll stop complaining now as it's not going to magically paint itself... that doesn't stop me wishing though LOL.

Hugs ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #6  
sheila

No Joan i understand and I have given him the benefit of the doubt but I and the kids can hardly stand him anymore. He is still smoking about a pack a day but he is nice to everyone except us!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Good Morning all, I finally broke past the 30 mark. I weighed Saturday (WW) and was down 2.2 for a total of 31.4 Woo Hoo. Hubbys first weigh in since joining WW he lost 1.8 which really surprised me I was guesing it wouldbe much more. Of course he has been eating low fat with me for weeks so that might be it.
RR- one thing on big babies. My son was 10.7 lbs. at birth and every well visit he was off the charts. After he started walking the weight got right in line. He is now 4 and weighs right on target for his age.
Have a great Monday!
Tiffanie
P.S. my goal was to overcome the darn treadmill by this past Friday, It didn't happen I am up to right around 20 minutes and am still plugging away at it. The entire cycle is 30 minutes. This is a new week and I am on it again
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Had an interview this AM....couldn't find one shoe, so I had to wear canvas sandals. Trashed the house looking for the other shoes though, so I have to clean now. Went OK...it's temp though, so I don't care either way really.

I'll be back later if I can...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #9  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

morning all i had friday off and no internet at home it has been down for nearly a month and is killing me
im sorry to those of you who are struggling with life as i have my ups and downs as well
All is good "right now" lol i'll stop by later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Sheila ~ everyone wants to feel valued and be loved. Wish that I were there to give you a big hug. Maybe DH traveling more with a possible new job would be a good thing???

Tiffanie ~ excellent work!!! I'm so happy for you. A few years ago my niece asked me to be in her wedding. I lost 30 pounds and couldn't believe what a difference taking off that amount of weight made. I looked and felt so much healthier. People must be complimenting you all of the time as the weight loss is obvious now ~ congrats. Keep up the good work.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:20 PM   #11  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to pop in here and say hey. I haven't been here in quite awhile. How's everyone?
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #12  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

WANNA~ how the **** have you been?? boy it's good to see an old face pop up Is that the baby OMG she's gotten so big
How have you been ?
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

hello wow what a monday well got threw the dr appt fine. or as well as i could when you have too take three kids with you. well they did give me the chantix to stop smoking i started it today. so my quit date is the 7 of aug.

joan no i have never heard of that but at this point i would try anything i think.

well off to workout hope everyone has a good night
adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
Michelle I am here, extremely depressed, I can barely function.

Tiffanie, John and Joan Congratulations on the weigh loss!!!

GG it is great your DH is taking charge of his health, that is excellent! sorry about the farmers market! how are you doing? are you getting settled in the new house?

Lauren I hope you hear great news from the interviews! best of luck!

Adah you are going to do great you have such a positive attitude! that is really a great part of it! we are here for you!

Sheila I send you the biggest Sorry to hear about DH.

RR

Please keep my son in your prayers, today he had a very bad day, we went to see him in the afternoon because the coordinator at the hospital wanted me to come in and follow the nurse in charge and learn how they redirect the behavior there so when DS comes home we can follow the same stuff they are doing there, DS was very depressed, he cried all day, he looks really sad, he was not doing good when we were there so they asked us to leave and go back during normal visiting hours 7-8 PM. We did and he was such a mess, I lost it, I was subbing too. I almost brought him home, but we didn't DH was there with me, it has been very difficult on both of us but our relationship is very strong thank G-d! The nurse called the Dr. and they said the Dr. said if I wanted to take him home I could but it was against his advise, that's why we didn't bring him home. I have a lot of mix feelings, I hate to see (ds) this way, but I also know how difficult it has been in the last few months here, so I have to give the hospital a chance for it to work. It is not fair to ds or us how difficult it has been. I am not sleeping at all and I have no appetite, I am down to 115 Lbs again.
I will try to chat tomorrow, I am going to go to see my therapist in the AM.
Thanks for the support and prayers

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hanna *hug* your son is in my prayers as well as you and your DH.

Sheila sorry things are bad between you and your DH. I wish I could give you a guys side of if but don't know enough to try other then it sounds like he's in his cave. if theres been a death for him lately I know we guys tend to turn the emotions inward and we tend to hurt the ones around us. Yet act the same to the rest of the world. An sometimes you just have to do whats best for you.

RR best 200.00 bucks I ever spent. Tho that was just the tickets.

Sorry for being late I was having an off day today.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote