Old 07-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Default 30-something's Weekend Chat: 7/28-7/29

Ok I'll start it off

Ok I get up this morning and no water. City shut off the water for a repair. OK that sucks on call today for work and I get calls so I got to in bigger bummer. Get them done got back home no WATER! I got to get ready cause I'm going to the opera and I'm dirty and smelling nasty cause it hot and I'm like OK now what. SO I go get a case of water out of the closet and shave and then wash my hair and then rest of me. The water was COLD! but I did it any way so I'm drying my self off and I hear the water turn back ON!!

I couldn't help but laugh.

Took 10 bottles btw too. Most expensive shower I've ever taken.

An hows your weekend going?
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #2  
KAR

John thanks for starting out the thread today. Sorry to hear about your water troubles. Glad the water is fixed now! Enjoy the opera!
Hi to everyone else, hope you are all having a great day!
I got up this morning at 6 and had to make sure everyone else was up at my house. Then after I made sure they were up, I went back to bed until 7:30. Got up and did a walking video and then got ready for the day. I went to work at 9. Had a good shift until the one manager came over to me at 1:15 and told me to log off my computer. That he was just going to send me home early 45 minutes. Do you think he could have taken that time to work with me since it still is my training period? No he was too worried about making enough sales today. So I came home changed clothes and went to my stepsons' ballgame. So home long enough to take a short break between ball games and then it back to the ball field for the last game of the day. Tomorrow I get the day off work but get to send it at the ball fields again. Yeah! I hope that I at least get to sleep in a little bit. The good thing about all the craziness of today is that I have stayed on my diet and not fallen into the emotional eating trap.
Well I hope things are going great for you all today!
Chat with you all later. Have a great weekend!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Howdy Big John... LOL at your story. Figures that the water would be turned back on *after* the fact. What opera are you going to see? I've never been to a real opera before (other than musicals). MY DH has been to several and he loves them. Not sure if it'd be my cup of tea? I do like going to the Symphony with him though and never thought that I'd like sitting thru hours of classical music. Amazing what age (and love) does to a person... Ever heard of Christine Lavin? She's a folk singer and sings this cute little song, "I am at the opera... I do not like opera... but I like him." Everytime that I hear it I always think of my DH.

By the way, congrats on the weight loss!!! Man, that is such a great feeling.

Slow weekend on this end. We're staying home today and I'm going thru summer and fall clothes for the kids. It's so nice to actually have closets to put them in:-). Our old house was tiny and only had two smalls closets thru out the entire house. Hope that everyone has a GREAT, HEALTHY weekend!!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...well today we started off by going to the farmer's market in woodstock...big disappointment...very little produce, mostly local art stuff...not that that it was a problem, just i wanted produce. So then we went to another farmer's market i knew about...it was better...however, when i think of farmer's markets, i think of local growers and local produce...so how come there were plums from california????? some of the produce was good priced...however, i think i found that the whole foods store down the road is just as good priced and our whole foods here in marietta does sell a bunch of local grown produce...so i think i just may stick to whole foods. But it was fun...despite the rain. Then went with DH up the road to a BMW get together for the peachtree chapter of the BMW club (FYI my dh has a bmw). it was a cool place where they work on race cars. it sort of made me a bit sad however...thinking that i had to give up my hobby of my horse...but at least with DH hobby...if there's no money, we just keep the car in the garage...with the horse...the monthly expenses keep piling up. They had a speaker and just met afew locals. It was pretty cool. I think DH enjoyed it more...boys and their cars LOL. We then went and ran some errans all around atlanta. I'm happy that DH has been scared by his dr. SEe DH is very thin, but recently found out he has high cholesterol...in fact, high enough that the dr threatened to put him on meds. He's the type that can eat what ever he wants and not gain weight. Well i think this scared him, since heart dz runs in the family. So this weekend he told me how he wants to start eating healthy, no more cookies, ice cream, cheese. He wants to start eating more fish and less red meat. I think its great since i have very poor will power and hoping us doing it together will help me lose weight. So it was good. I'm enjoying my time with DH...i don't want him to leave tomorrow...but i guess he'll have to. I miss having him around.
john- that story was funny. At least you got a psuedo shower to go to the opera..hope it was good
hey to everyone else...time to go run some more errands...bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:14 AM   #5  

Irish- I went to see Phantom of the opera. It was very enjoyable. I wanted to sit right back down and watch it again. My date was disappointed in the fact they didn't break the mirror at the end.

An it was at the Kennedy center opera house in DC which was really cool cause we went out at intermission and the Lincoln memorial and the Washtoning monument were lit up and there was a full moon just sitting between the 2 with a soft glow.

We had dinner at clyde's before hand in gerogetown I even stayed on plan. The have this huge turkey burger on a whole grain bun and its servered with fruit instead of fries. Its the first resturant I have been in that had so many options to eat healthy.

It was a perfect night out.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:51 AM   #6  
KAR

Glad you enjoyed your Saturday night out John! Way to go staying on plan too! Hope you can enjoy your Sunday.
We are off to day number two of ball tournments. Thank goodness they are only in the local city one. I don't think I could stand much more baseball after yesterday. My one stepson got hurt. He caught a ball right in the inside of his ankle. It dropped him to his knees instantly. When he came over to our chair, he had a knot already formed the size of a baseball. Naturally it was his mom's weekend to have them and she wasn't even at their game. We put ice on it and had him sit there and finish the rest of the game that way. My dh called his mom and told her. She must have given her standard answer of all right I will be right there. After an hour and the game just finishing, is when she showed up to take him to the hospital to get it checked out. Here it is just badly bruised and has to heal for two weeks in a splint. So my stepson is not happy about not getting to play in today's games. So it sure has been a long weekend already. Can't wait for it to be over. Then tonight they have their swimming party from the regular season's ball team. Don't think I am going to get my workout in today. But I will try to stay on plan by trying to get healthy.
Well I better go and get ready for the day! Hope everyone has a great day!
Later,
Kerry
Old 07-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi!! Just popping in quick, it's been a busy weekend!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:51 AM   #8  

hey all..its been a busy morning here. DH replaced the old garbage disposer with a new one, while i continued to unpack more boxes. I almost have the office totally organized. The only real job next is the guest room. So its slowly starting to become a house again. Its nice not to be staring at a billion boxes...only a thousand or so now LOL. We are next going to run an errand then probably work more on unpacking until DH has to go back to Savannah ):

John - phantom is one of my favorite plays. i've seen it 4 times in the theater...and then once i saw the movie (didn't do the play justice). I'm a HUGE andrew lloyd webber fan...but phantom is my fav or his. Hope you enjoyed it

Kerry sorry to hear about your kids ankle. Hope he feels better.
alright guys...off to run errands...bye all
Old 07-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #9  

1000 cal plus burn today fellin good may go back out tonight.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:40 PM   #10  
KAR

Well the stepson's ankle is just badly bruised. He played in the game today. The coach had him take lots of breaks though. The team lost their first game of the day and were knocked out of the tournment. Boy do little boys who are 9 and 10 have some nasty attitudes when things just don't go their way! It is no one's fault but their own for getting so down in the first inning and then letting that be the way to play the whole game. Took me an hour nap after coming home. Then had to help dh fill out some paperwork. Thank God I am not a secretary. He told me what to write and he just keeps rambling on and I am still on the first sentence. I don't know how many times I had to tell him to slow down and let me catch up. Now it is time to go to the city pool for the boys ball team pool party. I don't think I am going to take my bathsuiting. I don't feel comfortable wearing it in front of people I don't really know.
GG glad that your house is starting to come together. Sorry you have to say good-bye to dh for the week tonight. How many more weeks will it be before he is will you again?
John you sure are doing a great job with your working out. Keep it up!
Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all doing fine. Off to the pool party. I think I might just stop at Subway and buy me a Sub and take with me. I don't feel like eating pizza tonight.
Enjoy your Sunday evening!
Kerry
Old 07-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #11  

evening all...DH left about 2 hrs ago...hated it but that's life...Kerrry - luckily its only for 2 more weeks. I've been doing great this weekend. I think Dh's change in additude about eating has helped my additude. Yesterday we got a bunch of healthy fruit and veggies and some chicken and fish. last night i had flounder that was cooked in a pineapple/jalepeno salsa. Tonight I made chicken with a black bean mango salasa...both were out of this world. The pineapple salsa i found at the fresh market...but i think next time i'll try to make it...the ingredients were only pineapple, onions, jalepeno, garlic and cilantro...very simple. I made the black bean salsa myself...just threw in some beans with some mango (i have frozen mago i keep around for my yogart), 1/2 onion, garlic, one jalepeno, and just a dash of cumin for smokey flavor. IT ROCKED!!!!!!! I also have eaten a ton of spring salad all weekend (we got a huge tub at sam's that was actually cheep and good quality..very shocked). So now i'm just chillin for an hour or so then i'll probably go walk the dog if the rain holds off. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Check back later!