Old 07-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back, GG. I hope your first day went well and that the a/c gets fixed soon. Have you thought about getting a home warranty?? I know it's a bit late now, but maybe a good idea for other stuff in the house (plumbing, wiring, etc)? We have one and the payment is with our montly mortgage payment. Maybe check with your mortgage company.

Big John - You made me laugh with the "I have a lot of butt" comment. Mine's like a shelf you could sit stuff on since it sticks out so far!!! But great for you that you did all of that walking. I think I would have passed out around 1 mile.

Michelle - Nevaeh is just precious. The MD might have thought it was impetigo which would required antibiotics. But still nothing to be concerned with.

Hanna - So glad that Sean is doing well on the new med. Still keeping these fingers crossed for continued success.

MO - sorry about the reunion. That is a tiny amount of food!! 1/2 tbs of mashed taters??? What control!!! I could eat a vat-full.

Hello to all of the newer people. I'm a bit slow at posting and hope to get to know you all better.

Well, I'm off to watch TV and hear my butt get bigger. I am sooo lazy. Sigh. It's a choice, I know.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Michelle- Get some chamomile tea bags and soak one or two in water until vrey wet and rest it on the babies rash (don't rub just rest it) for about 5-7 minutes and it will be gone in a day. I know this sounds crazy but our son got a terrible rash while we were on a cruise and I took him to the Ships Dr. and he told me to do this and it really worked. I was amazed
That dang treadmill is killing me. I can't seem to get over the hump. I finally made it through the second burn session but again had to get off. The thing is consuming me HA! I will beat it!! Can I buy a cup of stamina!
I am so jealous of all you folks that live near the beach. I would be there every day. I am exactly 3 1/2 hours from the beach or mountains depending on which way I go.
Tiffanie
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #33  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

adah- I think yard work definately counts as a work out. I never sweat more than when I'm doing yard work.

Hanna- I am happy to hear Sean is doing better on his meds. Is he in summer school or does he go year round?

John- I hate to go to wal-mart or grocery shop for fear of what I may spend.

I saw those Nike's on Oprah once not the ipod ones but the ones you can design yourself, how cool.

Have a nice evening everyone
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...well first day went well...i was very happy to find my way to work (very easily) and found out my commute was around 25 min...woohooo. I was worried how it would be...everyone gripes about atlanta traffic...but luckily i take back roads and don't have to sit on the "parking lot " they call an interstate. Work went well..not too busy. I do have a lot of stuff to do to get adjusted to the cooperate world (most vet clinics aren't cooperate owned). I probably won't be seeing patients for a while. Banfield has their new vets work with a "mentor" for several weeks, learning the computers, wellness programs etc. I have several computer programs i have to do in the next few days, so i spent a good portion of it on the computer. I don't have access to 3fc at work (bummer), so i'll try to play catch up. But over all a good day. I even ate fairly well. I am going to step on the scale this wed...and very nervous...i've been horrible with the last few weeks of this moving crap...but i'm jumping back into it. I think it helps being on a budget. I definately make sure i plan my lunches (can't just get lazy and go grab anything for lunch..not enough money in the budget). I did finally discover the wonderful world of Kohl's...i hear so many ppl rave about it...well guess what..i work right next store to one...that could be very bad...but today i told myself no new clothes until i loose 20 lbs. I think that's a good goal. So i'm well. Ate pretty good.
Mo - sorry about your reunion..mine sort of sucked too
Hannah - what does DH do...it sucks he's not having any weekend time.
fannie - we do have a home warranty (was a deal the home owner gave us when we bought the house)...DH was suppose to check today to see if it covers a/c.
i wish i could wear nike's...i really want one to go with my ipod...but unfortuanly nike shoes run way too narrow for my wide feet
well i've probably missed a few and i'm sorry...i can't believe there were three pages...its great to see all the activity. My dog is begging for a walk...so off i go...bye all...check back tomorrow.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #35  
KEN

S/C/G: 293/188/???

Hi All... just stopping by (although a bit late)!!

Hope everyone had a good day!!
KEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:15 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

GG - glad to hear your first day went well. Not too bad of a commute time. I was wondering how different corporate vet life would be from your other vet life. Glad also to hear you have a home warranty. I think most of them cover a/c (heating). It's the big selling feature since it is one of the most expensive to replace. Keeping the fingers crossed.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:27 AM   #37  

john..thanks for the link...i called all the footlockers and sporting good stores around here...no one has my size!...i know i have small feet but my gosh if they are going to make shoes in my size why dont the stores carry them???...well friday i am going to go in and get sized (i wear a 5 or a 5 1/2) and they will order them for me...the one plus...i get to pick the colors i want...so thanks for the info..im so excited to get them...
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote