Old 07-22-2007, 12:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 89/89/61 kg.

Height: 168 cm.

Smile Today is the day.

I'm going to do it. I'm going to lose this excess weight and be one step closer to being a healthier, happier me.

A little about me: I turned 30 in May and decided that I've had enough of "I'll do it tomorrow." Tomorrow is now 7 years later.

Any advice for someone just starting this exciting journey?
Kendra Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #2  
KAR

Hi Kendra,
I can relate to you about the "I'll do it tomorrow" comment. I have yo-yoed back and forth for the last couple of years. So now I have recommitted myself to losing my weight this time. I let my family and job come before my health for too long. Now I am working on finding that happy balance again to include time in there for me to eat healthier and exercise.
Looking forward to getting to know you and helping you on your journey.
Please join me along with the other 30 somethings on the daily chat thread.
Have a great day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #3  
EGR

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/140

Oh I have been there/ am there too!! I am so tired of seeing a better # on the scale only to have to fight to get back to it. I am so tired of telling myself "tomorrow". Tomorrow NEVER gets here!! I am still getting the pregnancy weight off and he's going to be 2 years old next month! LOL!

Small steps. Stay consistent. Short term goals. DO NOT look at the big picture...focus on TODAY!!
EGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Kendra Evelyn, your story is all too familiar. I just turned 30 last month, and constantly put off dropping the pounds. I decided last week that it was time for a change, so I joined 3FC and fitday. Doing pretty good so far. Are you following a plan like WW or are you just watching what you eat?
I piece of advice I have is focus on not yesterday, but today, for today shapes tomorrow.

Take Care,

Bridgette.
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

....I meant a piece of advice
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:29 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Kendra, Congrats on starting your journey! Come join us on the daily chat thread for support!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hi! I tell myself I do this because I like myself. Somedays I wish i didn't like myself so much. Doing small steps equal big steps real quick.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 89/89/61 kg.

Height: 168 cm.

My plan will be to just eat better, the right things, and not overdo it. My sister gives herself a chocolate bar once a week on Saturdays and that's it. I always liked that idea so I'm going to try it. My weakness is chocolate.
Kendra Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:53 AM   #9  
KAR

Kendra sounds like you are on the right track to losing weight. I really like that idea about your sister and the chocolate on Saturdays. That is one of my weaknesses too! I try to stay as far away from the stuff as I can or I would be bigger than I already am! LOL Just take tiny steps at changing your lifestyle with healthier eating habits and working out habits and it will happen for you this time.
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote