Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Wednesday, 7/18

Mornin'!

Off to read...
Old 07-18-2007, 08:40 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Michelle, Neema is cute. My kids both called my mom e-ma, before they could say Grandma. Papa was what the grandkids called my FIL, but I know some kids that call their dad Papa.
I'm gonna take a shot and say that with adoption, Jess and the dad would have to sign away her parental rights. With guardianship, they wouldn't have to, but you would be the baby's legal guardian, which I believe means what you say goes.

Leigh, Congrats on the loss!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for your birthday greetings! I actually had a pretty good day. Ate like crap, more than I care to recall, and the scale is up 3 lbs. this AM...serves me right. But I'm gonna try and flush it all away today.

Hi kalinda! I hear ya' in the size 2's! Very frustrating! That's why 3FC made a "Featherweights" forum, for people who only have a small amount to lose. They have their own issues, but they're nothing like "ours".

RR, Glad the protein bar worked out for you!

Ken

Hanna, Just looked at that recipe...looks like too much trouble for me! I couldn't even read the whole thing!
Sorry you were feeling depressed. Try to think positive. I sure hope the new meds will help! Keep us posted!
And hey, you're almost at goal!!!!!!!! :cheeer:
Old 07-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #3  

a very quick hello here!...i am so late..i just got up and im an hour and a half too late..uugghh...my little guy would not sleep last night...not sure what the heck the problem is but he woke up like 5 times..than the night before was the same thing...so i am tired and i overslept...

anyways, just an update on dominic...they let me go out there yesterday and talk to him...i told him and we got to talk about it for about a half hour...not long enough for me but it was great to see him..i printed a bunch of stuff off web md about sickle cell so he could read up on what it exactly it was...so it worked out i think...his birthday is on aug 1 and they told me i could visit him on his birthday even though it will still be on his blackout...his blackout should end on the aug 3 so that was nice of them...

anyway i hope everyone has a great day...its raining here! cant believe it...its july!....welcome to all the newbies...have a great day
Old 07-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #4  

I'm sure everyone at work is already sick about hearing I lost 4 pounds!

I keep forgetting today is Wednesday. I keep thinking it's Thursday.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all.
sorry lauren for the late post...but happy belated bday.
hannah- hugs for you...hope the new meds works...i'll keep my fingers crossed. hang in there.
michelle- i think you taking control of the baby's life is great idea wheather its either adoption or guardianship. sounds like mother just doesn't care
christina-hope you get some sleep
As for me..doing ok...today is my last day here...im happy but also sad..i'll miss alot of my techs that work here. A few of us went out for some beers after dinner and had a good time. Today will probably be my last post for a few days...we are disconnecting the computer today and won't be back until we get to ALT...so i'll try to catch up when i get back...work is slow today so i might get to post later.
ph yeah...congrats leigh on your wt loss
bbl...bye all
Old 07-18-2007, 12:21 PM   #6  
LBH

GG, We'll miss you!! Hurry back! Thanks for the bday greetings!

Leigh, that's OK, drive 'em all crazy!

Christina, soo glad you got to tell Dominic yourself. How did he take it?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #7  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

congrats leigh on the loss and get tired of hearing about it NEVER lol i would be screaming from the mountain tops if i droped 4 lbs
and everyone else if i do gaurdianship(sp?) does that mean jess can come anytime and rip her from us ? i've been having night mares of nevaeh being 5 years old and happy as a clam and jess walks in the door and say's i met a great guy and im taking my daughter and moving to canada
Old 07-18-2007, 12:34 PM   #8  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Woo Hoo Hoo, I'm still awake....gonna celebrate that today!

Hey Babycakes! My little warm caramel drizzled over double layer fudge cake with hidden butterscotch chips inside buddies.....

Looks like a missed a bunch yesterday, so I'd better get reading. I was super busy as it was jury day and then I did stop through...but only to send my pumpkin Lauren a PM B-Day greeting and my friend Lydia a note (but she's on another thread) updating her on my thyroid meds.

Ok, decided to change my off-season weight goal to be more realistic. I'm starting to get frustrated when I look at having another 20 to lose (and that's upping my end weight).... I know this is a lifestyle change and all...but my GOSH, another 2.5 months of eating like this? I'm gonna snap.

GIVE ME ONE OF THEM THERE NEW BACONATOR BURGERS FROM WENDY'S BEFORE I EAT A NEIGHBORHOOD DOG THINKING I SMELL BEGGIN' STRIPS ON ITS BREATH!

Somebody stop me before I go off this thing. Roo- where are you? Say something sweet or sarcastic to help me out here brutha!

Hanner Nanner: I thought you might need extra today!

Lisa/Sheila/GGikins/Joan-Joan/Ken/Karen K./Vicki/Michelle/Leigh/Michelle B. (WHERE ARE YOU?)/Clover/Newbies/Kirsten/Molly/Christina/4Me/Tina (I still keep trying)/EVERYONE I was silly enough to forget for this one moment: Hi there!!!!!

Love all! MO

Last edited by mjoste; 07-18-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Michelle ~ Are there days that go by that Jess doesn't see the baby? You are such a GREAT grandma. My kids call DH's mom "Memaw." She wanted them to call her that. No idea where it came from. They call my Dad "Poppy." Good luck to you and DH. I'm sure that you're both head over heels in love with the little muffin.

Speaking of muffins.... Melinda Baby!!! How are you? It's good to hear from you. LOL at your beggin' strips line. You are just too much. Hey, is the lunch date still a possibility???

Christina ~ so glad that you got to spend time with DS. The counselors sound decent and accomidating. I'm glad for your sake and Dominic's as that isn't always the case. August 3 will be here before you know it.

leigh ~ excellent! 4 lbs. is awesome! How's DH doing? Did he get the other job?

GG ~ we'll miss you! Good luck with the move and hope to hear from you soon.

lois lane ~ I owe you a PM. Don't think that I've forgotten about you. Things have just been really busy around here.

Hanna ~ thanks for the recipe. Looks delicious! I printed it out as it just the sort of thing that I love to make for a fall dinner. I decided to go with a couple cold salads, fresh fruit and BLT's for tomorrow's luncheon. I figured that BLT's were a safe bet. Who in their mind does not like BLT's. Just realized that you're Jewish so you probably don't:-). Homemade peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert. I found a recipe on the internet for "southern style peach cobbler." Looks posivitely sinful. I always say a special prayer for you and your family. I just can't imagine what you're going thru on a daily basis.

Took the kids to see "Rat-a-too-e" yesterday. No idea how to spell it in French. I could look it up online but I don't want to take the time! It is so cute and is one of those films that I wouldn't mind seeing a second time. DH and I decided that we must STOP spending money. There are so many little things that keep popping up since buying this new house. He spent way too much money on this faux painting stuff for his office and it is so damn ugly. Looks like one of the kids had a serious case of diarrhea and then decided to smear it all over the wall. He keeps telling me that it should look better once all of the walls are covered. I'm not convinced though. Hi to everyone that I missed and CONGRATS to all that are losing weight! Joan
Old 07-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

yes jess only takes her maybe 3 to four hours ONE day a week it's really sad
Old 07-18-2007, 04:19 PM   #11  
KEN

S/C/G: 293/188/???

Hi All,

I'm here... trying to keep up... (lots to learn as a new bee)!!! <hi Mo>

Ever since posting about myspace, I have had over 400 views and mega messages!! I'm not complaining.. just slow at getting back to everyone!!!

Gotta love that!!

Happy Wednesday!!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #12  
LBH

Ken, Hey man, you asked for it, telling everyone about your My Space!!

Joan, I don't like BLTs! I hate tomatoes! Love spaghetti sauce, ketchup, etc., but not tomatoes or salsa. I love BLCs though...cheese!

MO, Between the Baconator and the double fudge cake, I think I gained 5 lbs. just reading that doll!!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all just a last drive by before the computer gets packed away. I survived my last day. Now time to finish packing...see you guys in a few days once we get to ALT. Have fun everyone and for those going through tough times...hang in there.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HI everyone!
I tired to stay really busy today. After Sean got home from school we went straight to the beach, I am sooooo glad we did, we met a very nice family from Vegas, it was very relaxing, I am exhasted, of course I have to shlep everything myslef, Sean doesn't carry anything. I had to pack very ligthly as I don't want to carry too much weight, he had a good time too. We may go back this week, don't know. He seems to be in a better mood, maybe the new meds are working! I sure hope so!!!
Thank you all for all your support, I appreciate it a bunch!

Michelle I will talk to my friend on Friday and I will ask her the difference, but I am pretty sure like Lauren said if you adopt b-parents do have to give up parental rights. Are you going to get Jess to do that?

Leigh congratulations on the loss!!!!

Joan yes that reciepe I gave you the link to is pretty good for fall you are right, here we eat it all year long! the cobble sounds heavenly! can I come too? Please!!!!!

Sheila where are you? how are you doing? I can't stop thinking about you.

Melinda thank you for all the hugs and brighness, you are so sweet apple pie!

Christina I am so glad you were able to talk toDominic, that is wonderful, and even better that you were to see him!!! Hang in there, I know it is difficult!

Lisa how are you doing, how are the jobs? did you get some rest?

Everyone I missed

see you tomorrow!
Hanna
Old 07-18-2007, 10:56 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Melinda you little crazy woman! Quit makin me hungry!!

Hanna, I am doing better tonight. Today was the first day this week that I had to work both jobs. I did not wear heals (and wasn't having a "visitor") and it went much better. I have another long day tomorrow, but it won't be as bad I don't think.

Lauren, glad you had a good b-day. Now it is time to get back on the wagon, so to speak.

Sheila, how are ya doin hun? Hope everything is going well there.

GG, I know you probably have the computer torn down, but good luck with the move.

to everyone else.

Lisa
Closed Thread