Old 07-13-2007, 01:37 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat:Friday July 13

Wow--good thing I am not superstitious about Friday the 13th!!! Kind of not fair to start the thread since I have not even been to sleep yet..Boy, my body will be crazy come Monday and I am waking up at 3am again for work!

Ok--Let's see--I have scrapbooked until now--At March 10th so on the way finally!~~ I have soo many ticket stubs, paper scraps etc etc DH will be glad they are in somewhere organized!!!DH and I have been playing on Yahoo...too funny since we met online in 1999 in a yahoo chat--We have just been sending really suggestive messages!!!Too fun being a "dating" woman again!!

Mo--UR a trip...I just giggle reading your posts..U seem like high energy!!I have a serious self esteem issue that is making DH crazy..His first wife(deceased) was like 5'6 and over 200lbs and he loved her all the same..He isnt into "bodies" he just loves from the heart but it drives him crazy cuz I get "weight depressed" quite frequently..I think with family, job etc U lose touch at times...

Karen--Bummer about the car..and the veges..I never heard of the co-op thing...

Tamara--Have fun on the vacation!! I have been gone from work since June 30 and not looking forward to Monday...Wow..a Wedding on a baseball field..DH would have loved to get married in a Hockey rink but since Louisiana has no ice and I dont skate--we settled on the church

Rooster--

Leigh--Glad things are getting better for your family--tough to think about yourself and daughter with soo much going on...

Hanna--Glad UR feeling better--Dont overdo the first day back..Take it easy..

Joan--Think of it this way--The wine and cheese/crackers was better than the Snickers and a coke(I am from the South--no pop or soda Just coke--haha)..Soo goood for you!!!!

Wow--Ken--great story..Sounds like U can push the motivation and pep talks to us on the thread!!!Would love to see pics

GG- What a busy life you lead!!! Slow down girl!!!

Lisa--Hope U R rested for the long day today...Take it easy!!

Alicia--Isnt it funny how one different activity reminds us of the forgotten muscles!!! Hope U R feeling better!

Joan/Alicia--I have a Step Daughter with Down's/OCD--I hate medicine also but she sleeps really well when taking Strattera in the mornings--Hope the melatonin is the answer...

Welcome back Keri!!
Ok--Hello to the Newbies!!! Time for bed--DD will be up and ready to hit the park/Zoo/Museum etc etc..I am not lacking for excercise with her around..She is a live wire--10 pm tonight--she was running around playing her guitar and singing some song as loud as she could--then out came the drums, then the maroccas, then the cymbals etc etc--She fell asleep in 2 minutes when I brought her to bed...
Good night!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 07-13-2007 at 01:48 AM.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:13 AM   #2  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Morning everyone!

Friday the 13th... whooo... Ah well, just another day of finally finishing getting my house in order. The dh and I have finally gotten our room (the repository of all things without a home) almost finished, and are setting up a mini home gym today. not a lot, just exercise ball, the ab lounge, some free weights, etc. I'm so happy he is finally ready to get into the weight loss thing with me and get back in shape.. I think it will really help his health, and also his career since he's in the Navy. Heart disease runs in his family so I worry. I went to circuit training and walking club last night, it was great, felt like I really did a lot. Not much else going on here...

RR-- hope you get some sleep before you have to get back up. I totally understand the dh thing.. mine was trying to tell me the other day that he doesn't really care what weight I am, he just loves me for me.. but it's hard when you don't like your own body to believe them isn't it? god bless them though, the sweet things.

Everyone have a great day, and watch out for ladders, black cats and the like, lol.

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:10 AM   #3  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Morning All!

Sorry, just a drive-by blogging today. I'm exhausted, though I slept hard and worked out my legs pretty hard last night. You'd think I'd be as refreshed as a butterfly comin' outta it's cocoon!

RR- I pmd ya back!

I'm sure I'll be back later...just really really really tired. I need to get up and walk around or something....I feel like I didn't take my thyroid meds or something....which I of course did. FRUSTRATION!

MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:32 AM   #4  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Sorry I haven't been on here guys. You all know the frustration I have had with DH well my hair dresser and my kids also. We were in there July3. She told us things that were being said about us from DH family and himself. The things she told us also consisted of one of her good friends who is friends with my sis in law. Well I approached mark about it and the kids got to him before I did. anyway On Wed I got a no trespassing notice,. Hand written from my hair dresser whom I have used for 6 years, She had called me upset because she was in trouble with her good friend which her good friend was in trouble with my sis in law. Well my sil tried to call me a liar, didn't work my kids 17,13,9 heard it. Mark won't defend us because the subject matter dealt with my filaw. Isn't that bull.......To top that my son knew about the trespassing notice before I did he had heard it from one of his friends that was getting their hair cut, this gal runs her mouth non stop. My attorney said we can send her a letter for slander. Not sure if I should just let it die out or nail her butt. Kids and me are going to couseling just to get through this. My DH said he wasn't leaving but I am looking at some homes. I just can't live like this. Our counselor says to give mark time but it is ok to be prepared but the one thing you don't want to happen is because it is the thing you fear the most.

Anyway MO hope you feel better. I hear ya maybe it is because it is friday the 13th.

DEE sounds like you are a go getter! Keep it up you are motivating me.

RR: you sound like you have a perfect husband. There are not too many of them out there that will say they love you for who you are and not what your apprearance shows.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:55 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

And a Friday the 13th it is...didn't have time to go to my DD, the line was too long, so I went to the one by daycare. Got my order and handed him the DD Card I have that MIL gave me. They don't take it there. I ask why not? Because they don't have the machine to process it. I don't have any money on me, just the card, so I leave w/o my coffee.

It's hot as you know what in the office today. It's always on the warm side, which is fine with me, I'd rather be a little warm, than freezing. But it's humid. Hopefully the a/c will kick on shortly and help a bit.

RR, that's great that you and DH are connecting again! Maybe me & DH should try that! A little romance every now and then goes a looooong way!

Sheila, I would just let it go with the hairdresser. Is she a relative, or friend of the family, that she knows soo much?? I'm glad you and the kids are goign to counseling. Do you honestly think that DH is being like this because of his grief? If so, then maybe the counselor is correct in saying to stick it out for a bit.

MO, you need to get a computer at home!!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:18 AM   #6  

I have to sit through a stinking online training this morning. YUCK!

Sheila- HUGS to you.
leighannester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:42 AM   #7  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Like MO, this is just a drive-by posting.....

I felt compelled to post something after reading Sheila's message. Girl, you sound like you're really the one who needs a giant to get you through all of this. You know you're always welcome to come on here and let us know what's going on -- we're more than just a weight loss support group, right?

Kinda makes me feel silly for being all blah when my life is comparatively super compared to some of you out there. You guys really are super.

:L
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #8  
sheila

Lauren: what do you mean do I think it is grief? We were fine before his father passed away on memorial day. Honestly I don't know. I do know that this hairdresser she knows alot due to my sis inlaws friend they both have the same friend. Counselor just said that people go through 5 stages of grief and right now mark is in the angry stage.

RR: Thank you for your kind words. The hugs are great because i do need them. Honestly I haven't cried at all. Amazing I am usually the girl crying my eyes out but I have just had it and I am moving forward with my life and helping my kids. I can't help him right now he doesn't want any of our help. he told me and the kids if he needs something he will ask us.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Mornin'...

RR ~ I've loved reading your posts lately. Having this time with DD has been good for you girl! Rent some kid movies for when DH and his daughters come back into town as you're gonna need something to occupy the kids while you and DH reconnect:-). Don't get rid of that man ~ he sounds like such a good one! You have no idea how lucky you have to be married to someone that loves you just the way that you are. My DH never criticizes me and my weight. However, I know that he'd really like for me to be thin again. ****, so would I!

Dee ~ you're doing great. So glad that hubby is jumping on board too. Is your foot still hurting you?

MO ~ my heart goes out to you girl. You haven't written about being this tired for a while now. Didn't this new drug help with that at the beginning?

Sheila ~ Big Hug:-). I'm from a small town and hearing about your hairdresser brought back memories. I just hated that everyone knew everyone else's business. I have a feeling that this isn't the first time that the hairdresser/big mouth has ticked off a few people... I do think that you should just let it go though. Did Mark and you have a good marriage before the last month or so? Your past needs to be taken into serious consideration before you do anything permanent. Maybe he just needs a good arse kickin'... MO get your energy back and let's take 'em out.

Lauren ~ doing w/o your DD coffee really sets you on edge... DD must be really big where you live??? I don't even know where one is around here. How can go into such a place and not buy a dozen glazed??? I'd be so happy:-). By the way, I had some ripe bananas so I went ahead and made banana bread yesterday. I've got a great recipe if you'd like it. You put orange marmalade in the batter. So yummy!

leigh ~ Just remember... TGIF!

DH is taking the afternoon off and we're going to look at furniture once more before making a final decision. My niece is taking the kids to the zoo so we won't have to drag them with us this time. I'm looking so forward to this weekend as this will be our first weekend in this house w/o having to go anywhere or have any company. Yippee! I've prepped my girls room and will start painting it "pink tutu" over the weekend:-).

Have a great weekend everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:07 AM   #10  

Alicia ~ just read your note from yesterday. Sounds like you and I could have quite the conversation... PM if you'd like to talk about DS. It can really be hard at times as a good mom wants to make everything all better... Joan
Old 07-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #11  

Lawrence ~ you're not so bad yourself;-). Your posts make me laugh as you're very honest and funny.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #12  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Sounds like it's being a typical Friday the 13th for everybody... so here's big to everyone to make it better.

Mo-If you want my kids excess energy, I'll try to fill up a bottle and send to you.. hope it helps.

Sheila-an extra big for you, I can't imagine how angry and frustrated the whole situation is making you. hang in there and know that we're all here for you, even newbs like me,

Lauren-no coffee sucks.. One of the reasons I was up so early this morning was to run get hubby some coffee before work, or he wouldn't have been able to survive the day.

Joan- "pink tutu" is my daughters dream room, but we live in military housing, so she has to make do with all pink and purple accessories and posters and stickers right now. I wonder if she'll outgrow the pink before we buy a house in a few years.

everyone else, have a great day, I'm off to fold more laundry..almost caught up for the first time in months.

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Lauren: what do you mean do I think it is grief?
I was wondering if his behavior is related to still grieving for his dad? Sounds like the counselor thinks so.

Quote:
Lauren ~ doing w/o your DD coffee really sets you on edge... DD must be really big where you live??? How can go into such a place and not buy a dozen glazed???
Yes, they're all over the place around here! As for the glazed donut...if I found myself craving one, I'd have to take a PG test!! I do not like glazed donuts! Actually, the one I usually go to is a drive thru, so no temptations. The one by daycare I have to go into, and honestly, I saw they had Key Lime donuts, like Boston creme, but key lime...I ordered one. Guess it's a good thing I didn't have cash and they didn't take the card!

Hi Leigh! Hi Roo! Hi Dee!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:44 AM   #14  
sheila

Ya I think it is related because mark is not usually an angry person. He is going through the angry depressed stage is what the counselor told all of us and that he will eventually explode, but he needs to be careful too he said alot of times things that are said you can't take back.

I know your all hear for me even those newbies. Love you all.

Joan: I hear you about small towns. the thing is the kids and I we were the "victims" here and these jerks try making it look like they are the victims. Really makes me mad but I am letting it go. suprise myself that is for sure,.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #15  

So the conference call/training is over. Basically an hour of my life I will never get back!!!!!
leighannester is offline   Reply With Quote