Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 09:34 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default ***WEEK OF DECEMBER 16th****

Good Morning!!!!!!

I was right behind ya'll!!!I remember LauraF..Wonder where she went to!!!I also remember Lauren and DH's first date!!!! Too funny how we have all changed and hung around together!!! I credit my online friends with helping me keep the sanity when creepO broke into my house etc etc!!!I also remember the safety tips of online dating from Legal and Lauren!!!!(It worked cuz I married him!!!!!! )

Jul..CHeck out www.freesamples.com for a free purina puppy starter kit!!!I saw the offer and thought of U!!!!

Lauren--Sorry about the house!!There is one out there for U!!!!Hopefully the next one will be a success!!!It is soo strange for prices...For the price of houses there, U can get a really big house here for the same...It is amazing the differences in areas!!!!!

Refman and I went to a wedding together..It was a Methodist wedding and was nice to hear the same vows we said...It was romantic!!!The church was soo beautiful cuz it was decorated for Christmas...I just hope my friend is happy!!(husband is 25yrs older)
Well, time to cook a healthy breakfast!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 12-16-2001 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-16-2001, 01:43 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Just went to see a rental. It's a side by side two family house. I didn't know that going there, but I prefer that style, because you don't have soo much problem with neighbor noise. It's an old house, not sure when built, probably 1920-1940, uneven floors, ceiling looks warped, low basement ceiling. It has 3 BRs, 1 BA, EIK, LR, Foyer and laundry area. There's a front and back door, with screens, newer thermopane/tilt in windows. It's old and not in real good shape, but it's fairly large, and the MBR is big enough to fit our bed and furniture. The other two bedrooms are really small, if they're 9x9, I'd be surprised! They don't even have closets in them, so technically they can't call them BRs, but there's a WI closet in the hall. The MBR closet is fairly small to, but we could deal with it. The laundry hook ups are on the first floor off the kitchen. There's like a back hall, which is where the stairs are to go up and down, the back door, and the bathroom. There's no dishwasher, but I can suffer without, as long as I have laundry! DH didn't feel like going to see it. I'm waiting now for the realtor to email me with answers to a lot of questions I had. #1 being, will they slack on the cat. They said no pets, but there's a chain in the back on the other side where the neighbors have a dog or something, although I didn't hear a dog. Also, want to know other little things, like can we have some electrical work done...there's only two outlets in the LR!! And there's no cable in the apt...although the MLS sheet says there's cable available, and there's only one phone outlet in the LR, near the kitchen door.

I called Harvey this AM and told him that we want our money back from the house, because of the contract on it, and he had no problems at all...I was kind of surprised how smoothly it went. Also called the guy at the apartment we saw last night and told him we couldn't take it because the BRs were too small...we would've never gotten our bed in one of them.

I will have to bring DH back to see this place, if the owner comes back with the answers we need.

Hope everyone's having a great day! I'm headed to mom's to do laundry!
Old 12-16-2001, 02:31 PM   #3  

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

Hi all. Hope everyone is feeling festive!

I counted points again yesterday - I was over again but am facing it. I will get through this!

Jul - enjoy Ginger!

Lauren - my that was complicated! Hope something works out soon.

happy - congrats to ds on the orange belt! Thanks for the info on IALAC - I wondered. That's a nice thing you and your friend do.

Pryia - don't forget me - I've been here that long also. So hard to believe that much time has passed.

have a great day all. We have another party to attend tonight.

RABBIT

**Almost forgot - I'm at 898.43 miles. I'll be breaking that 900 mark this year.
Old 12-16-2001, 03:20 PM   #4  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I'M DONE! I am so happy! I am not feeling well but I went to the mall because I had planned it and I really wanted to do it and I didn't know if I'd get another free day.. so I went, was uncomfortable for a few hours and then was rewarded by finishing my shopping. Ds and I are both feeling a little under the weather so we are now resting nad taking it easy for the rest of the day.

Ok, this morning I weighed in... I lost .6 pounds so that is good. Not great but glad it was a loss.

My friend had the baby! A little girl! I am so happy for her.

I keep hearing all these noises... the townhouse next door has been vacant since we've been there and lately there has been some activity over there.. now someone is there and it feels like they are right in my kitchen with all these noises I am hearing... I guess I am not used to it since it's been vacant...Maybe it is a sign that it is time to find that house!

Lauren, glad everyting went well with Harvey. It doesn't sound like you are really loving this duplex house... so really think about it... and be sure you don't settle is the rent really good?

Ok LOUD noises now!! Kind of freaking me out a little... they must be working on pipes or something???

Gotta go!

love,
dani
Old 12-16-2001, 08:20 PM   #5  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Default Quick Hello

Hi Everyone,

I'm just popping in for a quick hello. I need to touch base after the last 4 days of food, food and more food. Or should I say chocolate, chocolate....(you get the picture). I had a couple days off work and did lots of baking. And while I did sample a fair bit at least I didn't go too overboard and I was usually so "yicky" from sweets that I didn't eat too much else. I know this isn't the best but what can you do. I'm trying to make sure this week is better (even though we have a pot luck at work tomorrow - way too much food). I know I'm up a bit but hopefully not too much, we'll find out Tuesday morning. That's why I was so happy to have lost the last couple of weeks and make my XMAS goal early - since I know I'll go up and down the next couple of weeks. We'll see.. I knew that just popping in here would help me get back on track.

Lauren - sorry about the house but you'll find something soon that will be perfect, without the craziness.

Rabbit - good for you for counting points even when you're over, I was trying but gave up the last couple of days but tomorrow I'm back!!

I can't believe how long so many of you have been here. It's just so great. I think I only came around in the spring since that's when I decided enough was enough with the weight and bought my new home scale which has really been great.

Anyway, hope you're all doing well with your shopping and cooking and organizing etc.

Elisa
Old 12-16-2001, 10:29 PM   #6  

I can't believe all the rain we are getting. Two days solid and suposed to rain all thru tonight and tomorrow too!!

Ginger let me sleep from 12-5:30 last night!! Progress!!!

Lauren: I agree with Dani. Really think about what you want in an apartment. Keep looking and keep praying that God will open/close the right doors. You don't want to get into anything that your going to want to move from in the next 6 mts. I'm so glad it was easy for you to get your money back on the other deal.

I think I came 'on board' here exactly 3 yrs ago. I know it was shortly before Laura left. I can't believe its been 3 yrs! I was thinking it was only 2 years but your right its been 3. WOW!

RR: thanks for the puppy kit info. I went to get it. Hadn't been at that site in a long time - so long that I had to reregister.
I don't get around much on the computer anymore. About all I ever have time for is this site, frugal-moms, and a couple artist discussion boards. I did take a few minutes today to look up info on Collies so I could learn a little about Ginger's heritage!

I've got to get the boys in the tub! - jul
Old 12-16-2001, 11:59 PM   #7  
A princess in the making!

Default HAPPY SUNDAY!

Let's do Christmas Red today! Okay you all are going to think I am crazy. But I am so happy. I have clean and organized house. I even went through a basket of papers. I did not stop until the last one was put away. I have all my recipes and WW stuff in a basket(small neat one) for me to look through. And decide what to save and what to throw out.

Okay the depressing news. My jeans really do not fit anymore. I grew my Fat @ss right out of them. So I shall shrink it right back into them.

Okay enough color. I am glad that I only have a week to go. Don't know why, but I feel I MUST have a start date. That is in the future that I can look forward too. I will be starting Dec. 26th. And going food shopping that first Sat. I know I should go before, but my checkbook will not allow it. But that is okay. Cause I can do well for 2 days with out having ALL the right stuff. I am so hoping mom bought my scale, or else I will be buying it for myself. I just have a feeling she did. Cause I really did not ask for anything but my scale.

HAPPY-- Glad to see you!! Thank you!!

Gotta go to bed!!
Old 12-17-2001, 05:35 AM   #8  

Good Morning!!!
I am procrastinating at 4:30am and thought I would say hello!!!I woke up craving PB and Jelly sandwhich on wheat bread heated in the microwave!!!!I guess it could be worse!!
We have our Christmas party today at work--soo glad I have a sweet fetish still....I even had no desire for wedding cake Sat night. Hopefully, the nastiness for sweets will last over Christmas!!!!!!!!
Have a great day all!!!
Have to go to the Doc today and get the ole throat cultured again!!!Cross the fingers the strep has gone!!!!!
RR
Old 12-17-2001, 11:45 AM   #9  
Pink Thingy

Talking

Hi all

Thought I would post in "Holly Green".

Yes I am still around and I have skimmed all the posts. Just to let you know how I am doing with the study (hence the absence and lack of thread starting ) I have finished three courses so far Word 2000 Expert, Effective Business Communication and Introduction to Legal and have completed two exams and submitted the test/exercises for the Legal Intro. Just have my two legal modules to do now - Civil Litigation and Conveyancing. My head is spinning - this 31 year old brain just does not want to study

Anyway, I am still in the background and as of 26th December I mean business on the WW front.

Love to all, especially "Andrew" (or is there a new name?)

Gotta go, gotta study some more.......
Old 12-17-2001, 12:47 PM   #10  

HELLO!

Can't believe how close Christmas is! I've got some cooking to do this week to take to my mom's. I always do breakfast casseroles for Christmas morning for everyone. I always do soup for Christmas Eve at my dad's. I need to make noodles, oatmeal fudge bars, christmas tree press cookies . . . It'll be a fun week.

Happy - hooray for finishing your shopping! And congrats on your loss!

Elisa - great that you didn't go too far overboard!!

Jul - it has been raining here constantly too. But atleast it is not icy!

Pryia - I think your "start date" is a wonderful idea.

RR - Is the strep gone?

BFB - you have certainly accomplished a lot already with your studying!

Have a joyous week!

RABBIT
Old 12-17-2001, 05:02 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Am I starting to sound like a broken record...I'm going to see an apartment tonight! It's a bi-level house and the apartment's on the bottom level. For those of you that don't know how a bi-level's set up, when you walk in the front door, you're on a landing and you either go up 6 steps, or down 6 steps. Upstairs is usually 3 BRs, Kit, DR, LR and a bath or 2. This one, they have blocked off the stairs going down, so you can only go up from the front door. The back door puts you in the ground level apartment. It's 2 BRs, kit, LR, bathroom and laundry. She said the BR is plenty big enough for a king size bed and furniture. The kitchen has been updated. It's in a nice area with a beautiful property. I don't know the area well, but it's in the town I bowl in, and nice and central for DH and me to commute. And the rent's only $950./+ utilities...so it's $25 less a month than we're paying now, but our heat/HW is included now. The woman and her husband bought it for their son who was getting married 5 yrs. ago...he didn't get married, so they've been renting it out! Upstairs is being redone right now, but there's a guy renting the MBR up there. He's a professional that is quiet she said. They don't mind the cat. I'm looking forward to seeing it, as usual.

DH didn't sound too thrilled, but I think he's a little stressed about money right now. And I don't think I'm making it any easier for him, because I asked him to write everything down that he spends money on for the next few weeks, so I can start making some sort of budget. I've already made a spreadsheet of our bills and estimated monthly expenses, but I can't do anything with it. I need a breakdown of exactly where every penny goes, so we can see where to make improvements! He doesn't get it I don't think. I mean, I think he's being head strong, ya' know? Any advice from those of you who've been married awhile, or just have good financial sense? I would really like to take over all the bill paying, including his debt, and get everything into one checking and one savings so I know where it all goes. That's my master plan. My mom says I have to let him take charge more, because he's supposed to be the head of household, but to be honest, sometimes I think he just doesn't have enough balls to do it!! I guess part of it is because I grew up in a machiarchal (sp?) family, my mom made all the decisions, because my dad died when I was almost 3. And my Gran kind of wears the pants too, even though Gramps is still around. I try, I always ask his opinion, I do a lot of saying, "...if you want", and "...what do you think?"

Anyway, I'm rambling, sorry... I know you'll all be sitting on the edge of your seats waiting to hear from me later about how we liked it!!
Old 12-17-2001, 05:26 PM   #12  

Well, Now I am penicillin resistant strep...I am on a different generation of antibiotics...I am going nuts with this mess..I knew it was still there cuz of the swollen glands and the sore throat.
be back in a while cuz I have to see Barney online!!!!!
RR
Old 12-17-2001, 06:53 PM   #13  

Lauren: this apartment sounds better than the last one. Your poor head must just be spinning with all this apartment searching! We only looked at 2 houses when we bought this one and it wasn't even finished. Had some friends who told us the old man who built their house was building one down the road and around the corner and that we should look at it. It was just perfect for us....the real cabin in the woods feel to it. Mr Parsons who built it is a very funny old man, builds about one house every 3 years to look at him you wouldn't think he'd have the strength to swing a hammer....must be why it takes him so long to work up the energy to build another house.
Concerning wanting to be more frugal and money minded you might want to check out http:www.frugal-moms.com its a great site with lots of wonderful discussion boards. I'm Julsave on that site. There are some great threads under the debt-reduction board and a few challenges for reducing debt in 2002. Check it out if you have time. It really helps me stay focused. I take care of all the money for the household and the business. I don't think my DH whould even remember how to pay an electric bill if he had too. It works for us, when we first were married and would sit down once a week to balance check books, pay bills, and then see how much money we didn't have left over for fun things he would get very upset. He likes it that he has one credit card and that I give him $100 every two weeks. I like being in control and knowing where everything is and enjoy taking care of bill paying so it works out well for us.

Rabbit: you always seem to stay real busy in the kitchen around holidays. It sounds like you really enjoy making all the cookies and wonderful things that you make. I keep thinking I should make some sugar cookies for the boys to use the cookie cutters on and then let them decorate them....and I just can't find the 'gumption' to make the dough. I did make all the chocolates for the open house and I was very thankful that they were gobbled up....we didn't bring any home with us. I may make some more to take to my parents this weekend....they are so easy that its something that doesn't require much 'gumption'.

RR: Take it easy and get healthy. I can't take Penn. either, neither can my boys.

BFB: Keep studying! Good job! Someday I want to take a few classes but don't think I could do this fast track course study you are doing. Wow!!

- jul
Old 12-18-2001, 10:17 AM   #14  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Default Scales....UGH!

Well, even though I told myself not to, I got on the scale this morning and I'm up 1lb. from last week so I guess it's not toooo bad considering what I've eaten. I promised myself I would be really good for the rest of the week (I don't think I have any reason not too, except for leftovers here at work) so I should be able to get rid of the pound (I hope!). There's so much junk around now and if I don't really have any great loss before New Years, that's okay I just don't want to do too much damage to my progress so far. I always beat myself up when I eat too much but I think I'm doing okay and I'm back on track.

Jul - that frugal mom's website sounds good (even if I'm not a mom) so I think I'll check it out. We all struggle with money and debt and stuff so anything that can help, I'll give it a try.

RR - so sorry you can't seem to beat this bug but I hope you're feeling better soon so you can enjoy the holidays!!

Lauren - that apartment sounds like it might be nice but I totally understand about having to drag your husband around. I really want to buy a house and my husband is humouring me but he's not really excited. The problem is what would excite him we can't afford and what we can afford is kind of small. Homes are soooo expensive here and I'm used to it until I hear other people talk about what they spend in different areas but what can you do, I'm a city girl and I love it here. I just want to get in the market even if it isn't with the perfect dream house. And as for the debt issues, I totally can sympathize with that. I only recently found out how bad my DH's credit card bills were (we have our own credit cards). I knew he owed some money but I didn't realize how much. He's mostly quite responsible with paying the bills but he let it get a little out of control. You know how easy that is. I understand about wanting to make a budget and it is important but sometimes people don't want to share about where evey penny goes. Maybe he'd agree to just calculate how much he spends each week himself without getting into the details and decide if he could live with less. Get him to agree to a certain amount each week and see if he can stick with it and you do the same. Then you can do a budget without him having to share his every little detail. Even if you're not doing anything wrong, people like their privacy. I don't know if this is true with your husband but it's just a thought. I know with my husband if he's not totally enthused about the whole idea of moving or whatever he'll fight me on the details so maybe that's what he's doing. What do I know anyway?

Rabbit - sounds like you are really busy but in a good way and it sounds like you're having fun so enjoy! (just stay away from the fudge!)

BFB - glad to hear from you. Sounds like you're also so busy and we'll let you off the hook with stuff for now but starting December 26th I expect to hear back from you with a new WW enthusiasm! So enjoy while you can!

Elisa
Old 12-18-2001, 04:26 PM   #15  

HI ALL!

I went to the ortho today and guess what? The braces come off January 29th! WooHoo! Celebrate! Celebrate!

Tonight is the cookie exchange party - 6 dozen cookies I will be bringing home! Scarey!

Lauren - hope you guys like this apartment. About who handles the money, I think you just have to do what works for you as a couple. I do all the bill paying here. Everyone had great advice for you!

RR - feel better!

Jul - Pillsbury sugar cookie dough in a roll makes it really easy to do those cut-out cookies!

Elisa - you'll take off that pound in no time! You are zooming! ~ There is no fudge in this house. Hooray!

RABBIT
Closed Thread