Mornin' All!

TGIF!!!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #2  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Mornin'!

Just getting going on all the chores for the day, but had to stop in and say good morning to everyone! Hope everybody has a great Friday. We are going snorkeling after DH gets home from work in a couple of hours... (whether he likes it or not, because we've been telling the 5 year old all week we would go again soon). Have a great day!

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #3  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone!! My last day of work for almost 2 weeks. I am off Monday and then fly to Colorado on Tuesday. I won't be back to work until Thursday the 18th. I can't wait -- my entire family needs this vacation. I hope everyone does well while I am gone -- I'd love to come back 5 pounds lighter, we'll see what happens.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #4  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! TGIF! Even with a short week this week has dragged. I imagine it has something to do with the heat and the fact that I have so much to do to get ready for my sister's wedding on the 21st. It's hard to help with arrangements when you're in a different country!

I'm feeling pretty darn good...I'm down to 209 (was 209.5 at the beginning of the week) and so that's a grand total of 17 lbs in 6 weeks! I can't believe it. I'm so excited to get to 206 as that will be a full 20 lbs. Then it's on to ONEderland! Yeah!

I can't wait to get down south and be able to swim in mom's pool every day. My sister is gonna drop her eliptical off at my mom's before I get there so I can use it...she can work out at her fire station and they bought a full home gym when they bought their house in March so the eliptical is sitting in storage and I may as well use it while I'm there.

Hope everyone has a terrific (FAST) Friday and a great weekend!

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:05 AM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone!

OMGoodness, I'm so glad that it is Friday! We don't have any plans this weekend (except for swimming class) so I'm not sure what we will end up doing. We may go to PA to a resort where we have a timeshare. We get to use all of the facilities anytime whether it's our week or not. They have a lake (with free paddle boats/canoes, an awesome play area and picnic tables/BBQ's). There's also a pool and horseback riding. Oh, and a golf course with the first 9 holes designed by Arnold Palmer. We've only played it once and Mr. Palmer beat me soundly! LOL.

GG: Wow, the moving does sound like a workout! I hope things are going as well as they can be with your Grandpa.

Dee: Have fun snorkeling! DH tried to take Alex when we were in HI but it was a no go. Maybe after these swimming lessons he will be able to try again.

Angie: Have fun on vacation!

Tamara: Congrats on the loss! Sounds like you have a good workout planned while you are away.

OK, off to the grocery store!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Karen, sounds like a fun weekend! Hope the weather is nice!

Tamara, Where does your mom live? Sounds like a fun time, have fun!! And CONGRATS on your losses!!

Angie, Have a GREAT time in CO!

Dee, Have fun snorkeling! I've never done that before.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #7  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like everyone is having a full Friday...

Lauren, I snorkeled for the first time last week... It is awesome! I can't believe my 5 year old is braver than I am at it... he normally stays in the shallows and we take turns going deeper while one of us plays with the 3 year old (names are Connor(5) and Evan(3) btw... also have an 8 yo Brooke, who is off spending time with the grands). On sunday Connor followed me out to deeper water, he's such a brave lil guy... he wanted to catch a shark, lol.

Hope you guys all have a great day, I'm off to slather the sunscreen on everyone and find the suits.
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:16 PM   #8  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Lauren, My mom is in Kansas City, MO and my sister is in Olathe, KS (that's where the wedding is). I'm not used to the kind of heat that is normal for this time of year down there, so I'm sure I'll make good use of the pool and be thanking god for the Air conditioning that is the norm down there.

I'm also excited about being able to stock up on the US version of SF products as the ones in Canada haven't quite caught up yet and they're still much higher in sugar. My sis was here week before last and brought me up a bunch of stuff, but I'm still going to stock up so mom doesnt' have to ship to me...LOL

Have a great day!
Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #9  
LBH

Quote:
Connor followed me out to deeper water, he's such a brave lil guy... he wanted to catch a shark, lol.
Dee, that's what I'm afraid my 4 y/o would say!! He's too adventurous! I'd be the one in the shallow waters petrified of jelly fish and crabs!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #10  
LBH

Have any of you had gel nail tips put on?? I'm getting my nails done tonight for an interview Monday afternoon, and I told the guy at the salon that I have horrible nails, I'm a biter and they peel and crack. He said they could do gels. Never heard of them before today. Any insight?
Old 07-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Gel nails? Hmm sounds interesting. My nails aren't bad, but I do bite when I tend to get angry or nervous or anyother emotion.

Well, I found out that the company I interviewed with has decided to go a different route. Manpower could be sending me on another interview early next week.

Not only am I depressed about the job, but I am in the middle of a visit. (aunt flo) So my week has not been good.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey there....good thing about visiting the folks...internet usage. I'm well. Went for a long walk on the beach this am. My parents live about 10 min from destin fl...so its great to get home. I grew up playing in these beautiful waters...so i was up early and heading out to the beach for a nice long walk before all the tourist starting coming out. I also went swimming for a while....the water was perfect, clear and beatuiful. Then i came home and hit the hot tub. Nothing really exciting planned. Going to hang with GP after his appointment and then going out to dinner...and yes i plan to be bad..parents are taking me to Ruth Chris's steak house tonight...oh dear..so much for being good LOL

dee -snorkeling sounds great....i love snorkeling..use to do it all the time when i lived at home...use to find sand dollar and all sorts of cool shells that way. A neat trick is when you are snorkeling...dive down to the bottom, kick your fins and quickly turn around...it kicks up the sand and will reveal a lot of cool things. just don't do it around any coral areas....may kill the coral.
tleef congrats on the weight loss....good for you.
karen- that sounds like a fun place...and yes things are well here....gp is in good spirits...the man won't admit to being sick or in pain. he's a good man who takes things in stride.
ll- sorry about the job interview...i know it must be frustrating...hang in there girl.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:47 PM   #13  
LBH

Sorry to hear about the job Lisa, but at least they let you know quickly. Hope the agency comes up with something else ASAP. Have you gone to a few different agencies? I pestered...I mean sent my updated resume to...a couple different people yesterday. Told the current agency that if I only have 4 wks. left here, they need to be looking for something for me, because I cannot afford to be paycheckless! Imagine this, they set up an interview for a temp to perm position a block away from where I am now. Kick up some dirt girl! Interview is Monday at 3:30, and the girl said that the HR person at this company is a real stickler, hence the manicure tonight!
Old 07-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #14  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Tamara my DH family lives in Kansas city MO and St. Joesph MO. Have fun.

Lauren I have had Gel nails before and they didn't last very long at all for the price. I get mine done and they are acrylic or I will do the silk wrap. You might have better luck but my nails are terriable also. we pay 50.00 for a full set and 25 for a fill. I get mine cut sporty. What ever you do every place I have been to if you see that person wearing a mask chances are they are using a product taught in nail school that if you breathe in for one hour can make your lungs shut down. Commonly used in Walmarts. I love walmart. I am unsure of the name of it but the silk wraps and acrylic. Gel don't thin out as well. Look really fake but give it try........
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #15  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Lisa sorry about the job you will find the right one and hopefully be happy. Funny how life works. thank you for your words of wisdom. I did go get some couseling. Obviously this isn't something that I have been groomed to deal with so any help is needed. My DH told me he doesn't want a divorce i flat asked him. He is just dealing with issues, I will live with it as long as I can don't think I am sounding rude but I need to feel a little bit of love and happiness before 2-5 years go by.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote