Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 10:08 AM   #31  

I'm alive...I"m here for a bit...not a lot of time though

Work is busy...end of session stuff going on & I'm in charge of a major bit of it this year.

House is pretty much decorated. We're having the Xmas party for our 4X4 Club there tomorrow so a lot to do tonight & in the morning to prepare.

We will have family staying with us for a week over Xmas, so trying to plan food, etc. for that.

The good news is...I've dropped a pound or two without really trying. No exercise, but a lot of "running around" and I haven't had a lot of time to eat but when I have I've eaten pretty healthy instead of junk. Don't get me wrong, I"m eating, I'm not doing the starvation thing...I've been eating a decent dinner most nights, but lunchtime I've been running errands so I've been grabbing a salad w/ chicken & a piece of fruit when I get back to the office usually. Better than hitting the fast food drive through!

So life is busy & hectic, but overall life is good at the moment.

Lauren - hope everything works out with the house!

BFB - hope the studying is going well

Vicki - you're so funny...I can just picture you using that doppler thingy!

Hope everyone else is doing well & enjoying the holiday season. I'm really looking forward to the time off, even if I will be entertaining the whole time.

Gotta' get back to work...I don't want any of this hanging over my head over the holidays...want to be able to leave for a week & a half without worrying about it!

LE
Old 12-14-2001, 11:12 AM   #32  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Yesterday sucked...darn holiday party got me! I guessed on my points...don't think I did too bad, but I was still over. Today I don't feel very well, kinda funky stomach. I think it might be a combination of the post-nasal drip and stress over this house.

The house situation is going bad. This AM I called the town again, spoke to the collector's office, found out the name of the paying agent, whatever that is. Called them (in CA), they were nice, but said I had to call the mortgage people, also in CA. They gave me the name and number and told me to wait 20 minutes, til they get in. Also called an old cop friend of mine that's in real estate now. After he got over the shock of hearing from me, he said to contact the homeowner directly and ask him flat out what's going on. He also said to contact Harvey and ask him if he has a notarized letter of permission to sub-let the place to us. DH's dad said that an attorny letter will get us our deposit back, if he doesn't give it back willingly. You'd think Harvey would be careful, because he knows DH works for a major law firm!! I called the owner, but got a machine, so I'll try tonight. We still like the home and especially the property, but if it's gonna be more trouble than it's worth, we'd rather get out of it. I posted a message on a foreclosure website and got a response saying go straight to the owner and buy it, or move on.

LE- Any words of wisdom to ad? Have fun with your party! Hope you get everything wrapped up so you can relax and enjoy your holiday!

BFB- Glad to hear from you...hang in there! (I know I keep saying that, but I mean it!!)

Hi Rabbit, and everyone else!!
Old 12-14-2001, 12:30 PM   #33  

HELLO!

Finished some last minute stocking stuffers today - so now I'm really done! Have 2 parties this weekend and then a cookie exchange party next week. It's such a fun season!

BFB - yes, I've been holiday binging and it has to stop! Good luck with your studying.

Legal - enjoy your party and your nice week & a half vacation!

Lauren - I have taken your advice and started counting points again today.

Hello to everyone else!

Enjoy the season!

RABBIT
Old 12-14-2001, 05:44 PM   #34  
Working on Weight loss!!!

hello all!!!
Not successful in hearing the heartbeat yet..THe book said 12-14 weeks and I am at 11weeks3 days..Refman and me giggled cuz we had that jelly stuff everywhere listening to my umbilical artery and lots of watery sounds...I guess I will really read the instructions tonight!!!

Legal-Have fun with the parties!!!I am readying the house for my mother-n-law also!!

Lauren--Good luck on the house!!!Be careful though!!I am glad U have knowledgeable people in your life!!!!

Rabbit--I think I have completed the shopping..I am doing minimum this year..I just kept the list but skimmed down the money spent....

WEll, SD#2 is sick and I just took her to the MD..Off to get her antibiotics!!!!
Vicki
Old 12-15-2001, 07:42 AM   #35  
A princess in the making!

Talking HI

Good morning all! Early here. I am up and awake. I will regret this latter though.

Okay I am ready to start WW on Dec. 26th. I got in the mail. The WW 2002 annaual WW recipes. But I left the book at work. From what I saw it looked good. I also have another one that is 15min. meals. I am going to go a buy all good food on the 26th. So that I can start this off on a good note.

Rabbit-Happy to hear you are done. I have to finish next weekend. Okay fine Christmas Eve. I always find the best sales. Really just getting GC for my mom. Need some ideas for something different. I thought of one for a manicure.

In April I am getting mine and B's picture taken. For mother's day! Have not done that together in 10 years. BAD MOM!!!

Well gonna go surf.
Old 12-15-2001, 10:10 AM   #36  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, I can't seem to keep myself on track. I'm like, 17.5 pts. over for the week...which is probably better than not counting them at all, like I was doing, but still... Maybe I will wait until after Christmas, like Pryia, that way there won't be any crap around to eat, and I have a better chance of not screwing up. In February, it will be 3 yrs that I have been posting here, and since I first joined WW. I should be Lifetime by now, maintaining, looking good, wearing a size somewhere in the teens, like 12-14!! Instead, here I am just a few pounds below where I originally started, and just as flabby. Pretty much the only thing I've been consistent with since the beginning is drinking my water, but I've never had a problem drinking a lot of liquids! I think it's time go post some things on the New Year's thread and maybe hang them on the fridge too!

Have a great day all!
Old 12-15-2001, 11:02 AM   #37  

HI.

I counted my points yesterday and it was not pretty. It might have helped if I had counted them as I consumed them so I'd know where I was at. Counting is a step . . .

RR - good luck! Maybe you'll hear it soon. ~ I have cut back these last couple of years on the $$ spent.

Pryia - good idea to start out right on the 26th! ~ A manicure would be a great gift!

Lauren - I liked your goals for '02! ~ It is hard to believe it has been almost 3 years. Can it be?? I started here that February also.

gotta run - have a super weekend all - I got my walk in for the day!

RABBIT
Old 12-15-2001, 11:31 AM   #38  

I did something very bad....I brought home a cute 6 week old puppy. I was not intending to get another dog yet. Levi is still so fresh in my mind and I know that dogs like him are very rare. Anyway.....Ginger is a collie mixed with either husky or malimute (sp?). She is an adorable little fluff ball right now. I'm not enjoying the puppy training stage but she seems to be learning pretty quickly. I really should not of gotten her. I went to the vets to look at some newfoundland pups for a friend in CA who is going to be passing thru this next week and the vet tech. said..."you've got to see this other cute puppy we have". That did it for me! Now, I have to get to know the local kennels again to board her this next spring-fall for our show weekends...another expense (and I was trying to cut back our monthly expenses on my 2002 budget goals!!).

I still have a lousy cold - going on two weeks. It keeps me away from the food anyway. Can't seem to eat and breathe at the same time .

All the christmas gifts went out by UPS this week so I'm offically done with gift giving. We still have a few orders to get out this week.....and then I'll have to face the backlog of paperwork.
(2002 goal....send it all to the accountant every month and forget this "I'm in charge I'll do it all mentality"....didn't I say that last year?? Well, this year I mean it!!!!)

Lauren: Don't get too depressed by looking back and thinking about what you did not do. Instead, remind your self that a maintain is always better than a gain. Work from today not from yesterday.

- jul
Old 12-15-2001, 04:34 PM   #39  
LBH

Hi All,

Oh Jul- I have been in your shoes! When I first brought Niki home, I thought to myself, Mom's gonna kill me!! Well, I'm sure you know how this story goes, within a week, she was in love! And Niki was about a year when I got her! It will be 1 year on January 10th that I had to put her down, and I still miss her terribly. In fact just last week I was in tears thinking about her. I unpacked my Christmas decorations and there was her stocking right at the top of the box. I have it under the tree with Zeus'. Everytime I see a white shepard, or husky mix, I think of her. I don't think I will ever get over losing her, because she's played such a big part in my life...from age 18-32! Niki was a one of a kind dog also, there will never be any dog like her again. She was soo human, like she really understood what was wrong when you'd sit on the bed and cry into her fur, or when she'd look up at you with her beautiful brown eyes and that regal german shepard look on her face. Now I've typed myself into tears. Anyway, Ginger will be special in her own way! And how much more personality can you get than collie and husky or malimute?! Should be interesting raising her! Hope you feel better soon!

Rabbit- One day at a time! You'll get back on track!

Update on the house situation...This AM I called the listing agent and enlightened him of what was going on. He had no idea that John was renting it out. It kind of goes against his contract. He was going to call John and teach him the facts of life. He also filled me in on the status. The house has a contract on it! They actually made it to closing day, and found out about the lien on the house and backed down. The contract is still open, but now the buyers are waiting to hear from the lender if they'll do a short sale, which is when the lender agrees to take less than what's owed, just to get it out of their hair. That's what we were hoping to do. Needless to say, we won't be renting it, and now one of the paralegals at DH's firm will need to write a letter for us to get back our $500. deposit, because I'm sure Harvey won't give it to us willingly! Oh well, hopefully something else that's not soo complicated will come along soon.

Gotta run! We're going to see an apartment in a two family house in the town where I work at 7:00 tonight. It sounds really good.
Old 12-15-2001, 09:49 PM   #40  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I should wait and post tomorrow because this thread will end and you might all not even know I posted!
Well anyway, I hope you do. I am sorry I've not posted. Time has flown and thigns have been so busy as I am sure they have been for all of you as well! I didn't read everything but I am working on it! This week was so busy.. dh's birthday, a dinner out with friends, karate (the little guy tested and is now an organge belt), shopping (neverending), etc... and now I found out my close friend at work is about to give birth! She is going to deliver any minute. I'm so excited!

My weigh in is tomorrow but last week I lost about 1.5. I'm still over starting though from my Thanksgiving gain. I am renewing my committment to this.

Rabbit, I think it was you who asked about IALAC. That stands for I Am Loveable And Capable. As long as I've been teaching, my friend, (the one having the baby), and I have sent that to each other any time we are being observed, or a parent is unhappy with us, or whenever we have doubts and insecurities.. I have tons of doubt and insecurity about my weight loss progress lately and thought if I put IALAC where I can see it often on here, it would help me.

Lauren, what a house whirlwind! Sorry to hear it didn't work out. I was all set to congratulate you and breezed though the latest post you wrote updating us. I hope you get your deposit back!

We looked at a house last Friday and I was tempted to take it... the price was good.. the location was great... the thing is we just weren't excited about the house. We need to be excited. We didn't wait this long to do without that little exciting feeling. So we are still looking. I am ready. I feel like I really need this to happen kind of soon. I like it here but I need closure on this whole process. Although, I stand firm on being positive. I know we need to wait for the right one.

RR, glad to hear you are feeling better! Now you can enjoy the holidays.

RAbbit, and Lauren, I started around that time too! I guess it has been almost 3 years. I started right after Pryia when LauraF was our leader on the thread. I believe it was President's weekend that I started coming here.

Congratulations to those of you who are done shopping. I am hoping to be there tomorrow. We have a very long list and it is not simple.. there are gray areas... hard to explain. But by the end of tomorrow I hope to be really finished.

I have a lot of reading to catch up on.
Good to see you Jul, and Legal.

More from me coming soon.

Happy Weekend, all!
dani
Old 12-15-2001, 11:57 PM   #41  
A princess in the making!

Angry BIG SLAP IN THE FACE!!

Okay it has been 3 years. Or it will be in Jan. Sometime in the middle. Cause I came here right after I had my gallbladder out. I vowed to lose weight after that day when the nurse weighed me in front of the ex and said it aloud. 240 pounds. Okay so now I am less by 5 pounds. But that is iffy too. Cause I have been eating again again and again.

So LBH, Dani this is it. We have been here for 3 years. Let's go into number 4 looking and feeling better!

I know I am ready. I got the latest WW magazine in the mail today. Notice all these signs of WW suddenly popping into my life. GOOD THING!!!!

Busy day tomorrow. I have 5,000 pounds of laundry to do.
Closed Thread