Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 07:13 PM   #16  

HI ALL!

Jul - hooray on the "thinner" comments at church! I like the grilled veggie boca burgers the best I think. I melt cheddar on them and eat with a 1 pt. bun. It's okay, but not a real burger for sure! The cheese helps!

Elisa - My shopping is basically done ( I still need a few gift certificates that I think dh is picking up for me). I have to ship this week also. ~ My baking this weekend just went ok. I ate a couple of the gingerbread men & some of the fudge. Sigh. I wish I didn't have to bake anymore, but I've got a cookie exchange party to go to next week and I have to bring 6 dozen cookies. I think the ones I bring home will go immediately to the freezer to be taken to the relatives for Christmas.~ You are continuing to do so awesome! I need to be more like you. ~ My favorite Christmas movie has to be It's a Wonderful Life.

MUSHROOM BARLEY SOUP
makes 6 servings. pts/serving: 2

3/4 cup of pearl barley
1 tbsp olive oil
4 onions, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 1/2 lbs mushrooms, sliced
4 cups low sodium beef broth
3 carrots, sliced
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp salt
minced parsley

1. In a large saucepan, stir the barley and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer, partially covered, until the barley is partially cooked, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a dutch oven, heat the oil. Add the onions & celery; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, about 6-8 minutes. Add the mushrooms & cook, stirring as needed, until the mushrooms begin to soften and release their liquid, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the broth, carrots, tomato paste, and barley with its liquid; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat & simmer, partially covered, stirring as needed, until the barley & carrots are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in salt & pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley.

Per serving: 182 calories, 3 g total fat, 7 g fiber.

**note: I added probably 2 c of mushrooms and 3 cans of beef broth, and so it made more servings.

better run. Take care all!

RABBIT
Old 12-11-2001, 08:54 AM   #17  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Well it just goes to show you, you can have a burger and fries and still lose weight if you plan for it. Somehow I managed to lose 1.5 lbs this week - and no I'm not complaining since I generally work really hard at it, it's just that my body is so different from week to week. I can do the same thing one week and stay exactly the same (or gain a little) and the next week, lose 2 lbs. I guess sometimes it just takes a while to catch up - either way!!

Rabbit - thanks for the recipe - and the kind words. I've said it before and I'll say it again, having my husband do WW with me has made all the difference because my weak time is usually in the evenings and when he was eating whatever he wanted it was hard but now we both encourage each other (and cheat together on occassion. In the past 3 months (since we've done this together, he's lost 30 lbs!!! Can you believe it? It's so great he's decided to lose another 10. Next thing you know, he'll be working out....nah, never going to happen

Lauren - I've never heard of funny bones either but they sound really good!!!!

RR - Thanks for the Maple Leaf wishes - my husband is a huge fan and he loves to go to the games - they're just soooo expensive here. Hope you're still feeling good.

Jul - hope you've gotten some sleep and your DH is doing well.

Take Care,
Elisa
Old 12-11-2001, 10:05 AM   #18  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

After my reality check yesterday, I am really going to try and be careful today! See what happens when you don't log what you eat, you have no concept of what you ate!! I didn't give a second thought to those funny bones, and it put me over! Even if I didn't have the funny bones, I still would've been .5 over, which means I didn't need the cookie either!! Live and learn...today's a new day!

Elisa- Congrats on the lose!! I just think that's the greatest thing that DH is doing this w/you...and 30 lbs.!! Men...they've got it good. I wish my DH would do it w/me, if for no other reason than to learn how/what to eat!

I forgot to WI this AM...darn!! DH gave me my Christmas present last night. He said I need it now, so there's no sense in having it sit under the tree til Christmas! He got me a thing called a camel back, it's like a fanny pack that holds water, with a little tube that you put in your mouth, and a jogger portable disc player with nice ear plugs. It even fits in the pocket of the camelback, so I can be completely hands free at the gym! He's soo sweet sometimes. I can't wait to try it out. I don't know if I'll use the camel back at the gym, I'm thinking I might look like a freak, but I'm definitely happy about the disc player. I'm still waiting for him to give me a list of things he wants!

Have a great day all!!
Old 12-11-2001, 03:59 PM   #19  

Elisa - there you go again! You're my new hero! Congratulations on the terrific loss! I'm sure it does help having dh doing this too - evenings are also my worst time - I was thinking I need to stick close to dh in the evenings because I wouldn't want him to see how much I can eat!! 30 lbs is incredible. You both deserve gold stars!

Lauren - sounds like a cool Christmas gift! Can't believe you got it already.

2 parties to go to this weekend ~ ds comes home on Thursday (he's taking finals now) ~ celebrating Christmas with ss this weekend before he heads to his mom's ~ a busy time of the year!

RABBIT
Old 12-11-2001, 09:40 PM   #20  
A princess in the making!

Talking HI

Not much new to talk about with the weight loss. So hopefully in the new year I will get my @ss in gear.

I hope things are going well with everyone. I really wish I could figure out what my problems are. And I need to figure it out before none of my freakin clothes fit.

So I have been reading stuff on line about losing weight.

P

Old 12-12-2001, 08:46 AM   #21  

good morning all!

Okay how do I stop this bagel and coke breakfast. We all know it is not helping me.

Not a good morning. I have no heat but lucky for me it is not that cold here.

I know I have not been saying much lately. But I am here in spirit. And I know I have to lose this weight. I will get my act together soon.
Old 12-12-2001, 08:59 AM   #22  

Just wanted to share this with you All!
Old 12-12-2001, 02:16 PM   #23  
LBH

Hi All,

Wow, what a whirlwind the past 24 hrs. have been!! DH sent me an ad for a house for rent in Budd Lake, where we live now, for 1K a month. 3BR, 1.5 BA, LR, DR, FR, EIK, fenced in yard, 100x135 property, great area. I called and they said it's open, go see it, first come, first serve. So we both flew out of work at 2:15 and met at home, then drove over. We walked through it all, they were painting. Decided for 1K a month, we'll take it! Went home, called the number, told them we were very interested. She said go back to the house, meet her associate and he'll tell you the deal. So we did, and there were other people coming to see it and driving by. I talked to him on his cell on his way there, so when he got there, he spoke with us first. We told him we wanted it and he turned everyone else away!! So here's the story behind it: The guy that owns it is being foreclosed on. His wife left him, he went after her, they let the mortgage go, and that's why it's being foreclosed on. Somehow, we haven't figured out how yet, Harvey, the landlord, hooked up with John, the homeowner, and is paying John rent, in turn we are sub-letting the place and paying Harvey rent. In about a year, when the foreclosure is complete, the bank will take over and they will offer to sell it to us. As long as we still like it, we'll buy it! If not, the bank will either keep renting it to us, or we'll move on. I spoke with the town this AM and they confirmed that John is the owner, only since '99. They have no record of a foreclosure, but sometimes they don't find out until it's almost done. Also, the house is currently on the market, but is supposed to be taken off. As of this AM, it's still on, and the realtor doesn't know anything about it being taken off. DH's dad is looking into it, since he's in real estate and called his office for details.

UGH...gotta run...anyway, we're gonna try and get him to mail the lease to us, so we can review it before we meet him to sign it. More later!! Here's the link to the house... http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/Home...=0&poe=realtor
Old 12-12-2001, 07:07 PM   #24  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Luck Lauren on getting the house!!!Sounds great!!

Well, I rented a fetal doppler for 3 months and it came in..I am dying to rip it open and find the heart beat!!!!!I couldnt wait until Jan soo decided to check online and found a place that rents the same one the MD uses in the office!!!Cant wait until supper done, eaten and cleaned up so me and Refman can explore!!!!

Must run!!!Time to serve supper!!!
Vicki
Old 12-12-2001, 07:19 PM   #25  

HI!

Pyria - I know how you feel - I am doing bad, bad, bad - these holidays are tough for me. I'm still working out daily but haven't been counting points. Hope the reading you are doing helps.

Lauren - good luck with the house. Nice that you have a family member in real estate to help you check things out!

RR - what fun!!

gotta run -

RABBIT
Old 12-12-2001, 10:44 PM   #26  

I reached my goal 173!!

Then PMS hit full swing this afternoon....hope the chocolate doesn't affect the scale!!

We have our Open House Sale this weekend. I'm always incharge of making chocolates flavored with raspberry, cherry, peanutbutter. I was pretty good only tasted one of each!

Lauren: the house looked cute! Good luck it really sounds like an odd situation. The only advice I can give is to make sure if the bank takes it or whatever that you are given a 30 day notice to move. It wouldn't be fun to have a bank rep show up on your doorstep telling you you have to be out in 24 hrs.

I've got to head to the UPS site and print some slips. We're close to getting all our orders out!!! - jul
Old 12-13-2001, 08:46 AM   #27  

Default HI

Well it is Thursday!! THANK GOODNESS!!

LBH: House sounds wonderful. Just make sure it is not to wonderful. Some things in life are to good to be true.

Not much new here. Just thinking more and more about how discusting I am looking and feeling. I know that I need to get this weight off. And I know I have to do it now.

My new job is going well and keeping me busy. Hope to have more to say soon. But wanted you all to know I am here.
Old 12-13-2001, 09:40 AM   #28  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, I haven't heard much more about the house. DH is gonna call Harvey today and ask him if he can p/u the lease for us to look over first. I am compiling a list of questions for Harvey. Going to find out who the lender is that's forclosing and see if there's some way to get around it and work directly with them. My FIL faxed the MLS sheet to DH, so I have that now. It's weird, the original listing price in August was 164,900, and the current is 189,900...you'd think it would go in the opposite direction!! Have to see what that's about.

Went to mom's and did all my laundry last night...man it will be soo nice to do it in my house!! Unfortunately I ate a burger for dinner, that she had in the fridge. It put me over, but I'm still doing better than I was! Then of course I made choc. chip oatmeal cookies for the party at work today and had to test a couple of them!!

Pryia- I'm hoping it's not too good to be true...guess we'll find out soon enough. Hopefully something will click for you and you'll get back on track soon! It's really hard this time of year.

Jul- Congrats on reaching your goal!! I think I'd go postal if the bank did that to us!! That's why I want to find all this out before we sign the lease.

Rabbit- You know you've gotta count those points!! Even if you keep counting above your limit, at least count!! Don't do a Lauren!!

RR- Have fun with the doppler!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 12-13-2001, 12:52 PM   #29  

HI!!

Jul - hooray on the loss!! And on getting the orders out!

Pryia - glad that you like the new job!

Lauren - good that you are doing better. ~ You're right, I should be counting points. I'm not even writing anything down - very unusual for me.

RABBIT
Old 12-13-2001, 06:08 PM   #30  
Pink Thingy

Still here - but still busy studying. Old brain don't work so good now

Thinking of you all and I too will get my Big Fat Booty slimmer in the New Year.

Closed Thread