Old 06-12-2007, 05:13 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Tuesday 6/12

Good Morning!!!
Kerri and anyone else who needs it--- Take care!!!

Ok..off to work---then to excercise, pick up K and go to a museum open house...It is horrible to say, but life during the week is better without SD#2 around..On the weekends, she is soo agreeable and almost pleasant to be around---I think we needed this break....

Lauren--remember-if the thread gets slow-Just mention S-E-X
Have a nice day--drink water!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/165/135

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!

I missed some excitement here yesterday!

As usual, I was worrying for nothing... They estimated the wood to cost $1500 and so far they've spent around $500 and we've got 1/2 the wood... it may be under budget!!!! Can you imagine that???? I can't... so I'm not getting hopes up.

I'm off to work.... I'll try to check in and see if there is anymore excitement here today!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
MLN2603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..i'm running late...but what the heck...after yesterdays insane day, i figure 10 minutes late is ok. besides i'm doing surgeries in the am...so no apts to rush to. Half the time the surgeries dont get to the clinic until last minute (we ask that all surgeries be at the hospital by 8.30). So i have surgeries in the am and then apts in the afternoon. Wish me luck that it isn't as bad as yesterday.
Mary glad to hear that it didn't cost that much
RR- museum opening sounds like fun. glad that its working out with less stres right now. Good for you...i also see you are just a few pounds from goal....good job. Congrats. Alright all..i really need to get to work...bye!!!!!
everyone else...HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #4  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

OH, WHAT A WONDERFUL LIFE THIS COULD BE....LALALALALALA

Yo, What up Tho?

NO, GG, no caffeine yet babycakes (though I am certain you won't believe me)! Muffin, I'm really sorry you had such a day packed with tough calls. What a wonderful vet you are to develop such special relationships with the parents! You're one of my personal favorites!

Mary: Phew! Home stuff is sooooo stressful. GLAD it was in an acceptable range money-wise! I have insulation being blown in Friday and the quote was $625. I keep having nightmares that one of the guys is going to pop a foot through my ceiling when they're up there and that I'm gonna be screwed (get your mind out of the gutter ROO-mination)!

While I'm on Roo: Again, get your mind out of the gutter...while I'm on the subject of Roo: Gosh dang you you wild man! The whole thing is funny as sh-- NOW. Now that we know it wasn't a real ailment. BTW, you are NOT fat. Cranky, yes. But fat....maybe you've got a big head, I'll give ya that (JOKING BOO). But, fat is something we have on ourselves-it isn't who we are or what we are! So there, now come to mama for your smack down:

I have a new appreciation for my cellulite. Ok, here goes: IF I can get these blubber pockets big enough.....I can carry things in 'um. You know, like a cellphone, gum, hairspray, an 18 wheeler... Won't need a purse! Ah haaa...seee.......I'm a thinker allright. Maybe I could market the idea and become a millionaire!

Anyway, Karen K.-any word on the labs? Did I miss the results? My dr. called me yesterday and guess what....supposedly my levels are @ .01. The lowest accepted level is 3.27. I'm like WHAT? You have GOT to be kidding me! How can that be when I'm still gaining weight, my hair is falling out in greater numbers now, and I'm still slipping off to la-la land by about 7:00pm. Unfrigginbelievable!

So, I went out and bought the Thyroid Diet book by a renowned patient advocate. I've noticed an improvement with my B supplement, now I'm taking Flaxseed Oil and a Multi-vitamin. I'm also increasing my protein...all to start. We'll see how things go after a week and if I'm feeling better I'll go forward with further diet suggestions from the book. This disease sucks hamster butts.

Speaking of hamster butts, I'm going to be taking new pictures of Vittori Alexandria soon and I've taken a few (well I didn't take them personally) newer ones of myself so that I can post what I REALLY look like now...vs. shots that are several years old. Geez, hope ya'll still love me after seeing those! Prepare yourselves now....

Have a jolly day ya'all! MO

Last edited by mjoste; 06-12-2007 at 07:43 AM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

I don't have time to respond right now...too much to respond to! I'll be back later!

Oh, is Joan gone yet?? I need her!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
Yes Kerri you nailed it I do have a toxic mother, boy is the ever!
It is good to have you back! don't let the depression get the best of you, try to get some excersice, get your blood pumping, believe me it helps me stay above the water with so much crap going on.

GG you are so right, I should've never called her, but I guess a part of me wanted to think I wanted a mother to count on on difficult stuff like MY HEALTH, what the **** was I thinking! I made my decision I will not answer the phone if she calles or when she calls, I have nothing to share with her.

Sheila when my dad passed away it took me a long time to grieve, even at the burrail I coulnd't cry, it sound so cold and horrible, but I was in a state of shock for lack of better words. DH didn't have a clue how to deal with my loss, fortunatly we still have both his parents.

GG I am so sorry about your difficult day, I hate bad news, but bad doggie/pet news are extreamly hard. They become such a part of the family and we the owners are their voices, they are very special. I know! believe me I know! you are a great vet, I have no idea how you can do your job. Good luck today, I wish you a great calm day.

Joan I hope you are having a great time! relax and enjoy!

Michelle how great you can see your GD. Sorry about the stuff going on with your DD, lets just hope she matures sooner rather than later.

Christina how are you, haven't seen you for a few days!

Roo you sure made me laugh, what is your DW going to do to you to send you all the way to the hospital, NO don't say it! I may blush! LOL. Keep it to yourself but do let her know how she could help you not be depressed, OK know I am blushing! enough!

Karen I knwo what you mean about SD it is crazy to say but this kids can really make you nuts!

The stres is really gettting to me, today I don't know if I should go to the gym, my stomach was gigantic last night, and it was so hard it hurt.
Oh DS had a great day at the new school yesterday, I know this is just the "honey moon" period, but we are going to enjoy it for as long as it last, so far 1 good day!!!!! the teachers are wonderful, and so is the education cooridator I like the a lot~
Lauren I agree with Melinda the s talk sure brings people out even Roo,

Mary thas is great! to be under budget! unheard off in my house, we did are kitchen remodeling, we bought this house in March last year and the kitchen was OK but not very well designed the microwave was what started it all, it was too low above the stove, that was the begining $70 K later, but I is all worth it, my kitchen is just what I wanted in this house we love to entretain, do you? I wish you all the best when you are done with the addings and remodeling, you will enjoy the a lot! do you entretain a lot?

I will check in later!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:12 AM   #7  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2be View Post
Roo you sure made me laugh, what is your DW going to do to you to send you all the way to the hospital, NO don't say it! I may blush! LOL. Keep it to yourself but do let her know how she could help you not be depressed, OK know I am blushing! enough!
OMG! I really didn't mean it that way! And (somehow) I get the label for being the uncontrollable sexaholic.

I meant that the mere suggestion of "helping me with my depression" in the way suggested would have my DW mercilessly beat me. (And, no, I'm not into that sort of thing. ) Yeesh.

I'm not even going to comment on MO the Meanie's message. Such a meanie! (Yes, I'm kidding. )

Anyway - back on topic - I got onto the scale today. What number sits infront of me - the highest number I have seen in almost 2 years. I've really got to get back into the grove - unfortunately, I don't know what my groove is. Or how to find it. Or how to stick to it. Unfortunately, I don't have time to even think about this sort of thing. I have (another) certification exam - part 2 - to complete before next Wednesday At least I'm off on vacation starting next Friday.....

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #8  

Quick Check In....i Have Been So Busy...ok So I Weighed Yesterday...down Another 3 Pounds....i Am Soooo Happy!...

To Everyone...hi!...hope Everyone Is Doing Great...melinda...i Do A Protein Shake Every Single Morning...i Dont Know What Book You Are Reading (i Think You Mentioned The Name Of It) And If They Talk About This, But I Was Told One Protein Shake In The Morning With Fruit...like First Thing In The Morning ...will Get Your Metabolism Going...and The Earlier You Get Your Metabolism Going The More During The Day It Will Be Going...that Is What I Was Told, That Is What I Do...it Seems To Be Working For Me...i Will Tell You The 2 Weeks I Didnt Do It Cause I Was Too Lazy To Go To The Store And Get The One I Like, I Lost Nothing...so In My Mind For Me It Works...

Ok Everyone..have A Great Day I Will Try To Check In Later...
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #9  

Hi ROO!
Do you eat fresh vegebables? do you like vegetables? I would suggest trying eating them with a little bit of oil and vinager, or a salad to replace at least one meal a day, DH here is doing that at work and he lost about 8 Lbs. and it is very filling! you could use some light dressing.
just a suggestion
:smile:
Hanna
Old 06-12-2007, 10:45 AM   #10  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2be View Post
Hi ROO!
Do you eat fresh vegebables? do you like vegetables?
Hanna
Yep - I do eat fresh veggies & like a good variety of them every day. Do I eat enough of them? Probably not.

I don't think that the composition of my meals is the problem. It's the quantity of the food that I eat. So, yeah, I know the PROBLEM, I just don't know how to really fix it. I find that I'm probably eating the equivalent of 4 meals a day in the last couple of months - I find that by bedtime, I'm HUNGRY.

I REALLY need to start tracking calories in again. And find ways to choose better snacks than the fun, yummy stuff AND actually get some more exercise in addition to my lunchtime walk. Routine, Routine, Routine.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey RX, maybe if you split up what you normally eat into like, 6 meals, it will be like grazing all day, and you'll do a little better??

Christina, Nice to see you...congrats on the loss!!

Hanna, glad school is going good for DS...hope the HM period lasts!!

MO, can't wait to see pics!

GG, Sorry you had a sucky day yesterday.

Mary, Glad the budget is looking good! That's fabulous news!!

RR, Hope you're feeling better! So DD2 did go with the friends for the summer? That's great...a much needed break for you!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #12  

Roo then my other suggestion is to drink lots of water, maybe a glass of water before a meal????
My father in law used to have every morning one or tablespoons of apple cider vinager, he said it helps lose weight, I think I remember reading something like that on the Readers Digest. I never tried it though!
Hanna
Old 06-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all i'm back...well today has been much better than yesterday. It hasn't been nearly insane. But still very busy. So good so far. We have an office meeting in 20 min...god i hate those...its usually jsut a Witch session followed by office policies that always seem to change...and no one ever seems to listen. so 2 hours of **** ahead LMAO. on the good note...i forgot to tell you guys...sunday my sister came to ride my horse. He did great and she absolutely loved him...so she is going to take him for a while until i figure out if i can afford him in ALT. YEAHHHH one less stressor...although i'm going to miss that silly boy...but at least i know my sister takes excellent care of horses.
Happy -sorry about your mom...i know you were holding out for hope. I wish you mother could be like other moms...it really sux...big hug for you. Hopefully ds will keep liking his new school. When is surgery for you again???
hey guys...got to run...just got called to the back...i'll catch up later again. bye
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #14  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

well im glad to see everyone checking in as for me i REALLY need to get back OP cause i am telling you i can BARELY fit in any of my clothes i swear i look like the michalen tire woman in all my clothes and im soooooo house poor i cant afford to buy anything for myself so the only other option lose weight duh thats a no brainer i have TONS of clothes in my closet that of course dont fit right now BUT my hubby did tell me to go look into the local gym for myself and i did so its either 217 down and 9 a month or 99 down and 19 a month im gonna take the 99 down and 19 a month BUT i have to wait till next pay check (next friday ) but im super excited
take care
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #15  

hello!

Michelle joining the gym is a great idea, which one are you going to join. I love the 24 hrs. fitness! and right now they have a very good special I believe no enrollment, they are doing a promotion for their aniversary.

GG the surgery is scheduled for the 20th, next Wednesday.

I did excellent today on the eating department, I went we some friends to Suplantation and I didn't touch any of the muffins which I love!

Grrrrrrrrrr..... DS's honey moon period at school is OVER it only lasted 1 day, today he hit the staff and ran away from the class room so he had to be restrained, can you say agree and stressed

See you all later!