Old 06-07-2007, 07:24 AM   #1  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Default 30 Somethings Chat, Thursday 6/07/07

YO YO YO 30's!!!

Roo Baby: WHERE are you my little up Northian??? Our little brave warrior in the land of PMS...

Hanner Nanner: Whoa, I don't even know where to begin! You are seriously in the top 2 of strongest women I know! Surgery? Yikes! Ok, well what options do you have to help out with Sean? I'm glad to hear you seemed pretty upbeat yesterday despite all the stuff that keeps getting loaded on your shoulders! Were those pictures of YOUR kitchen? It's gorgeous! I mean, it looks like Ty was over and hooked you up! Now, next time he's over.....tie him up somewhere so I can have my way with.... ok, sorry...been awhile.

GG: Come on guurl....check in 'cause I'm goin' through withdrawals!

4Me: I'm so glad you're back on with us!!! When I first started here I considered you one of the 30 regulars! Thanks too for the compliments about my wittoo house! Actually, when I first painted the kitchen I started to cry because it was soooooo wild! Now, everyone that sees it in person loves it. I have it accented with stainless appliances and a table that is slate-rough with oranges, black, silver, and other colors-ties everything together. The rest of the house is like a taupe/tan color...except the main bedroom which is a really soothing lavendarish....with more blue in it than purple. I have that bedroom decorated like a cottage with vines growing up the walls and along the curtain rods. I know, crazy!

Lisa/Lauren/Joan/Kerri/Sheila: Ok, now I've seen your pics and seen the posted current weights for you wonderfully rare diamonds...and I have got to tell ya-I'm not buyin' the current weights. You all look FABULOUS, and you each look at least 40 pounds lighter than what's listed! Granted, I am biased to a degree, but I really think you are all terrific as you are!!!

Michelle: Thinkin' about ya babe!

Welcome Mary!!!!

Hi everyone else!!! Christina, Clover, Molly, Michelle B., Sherry,Tina, Kirsten, Vanessa, Darcy, Karen K., & the millions I forgot!!!

Have a mahvelous day...supposed to be 90 here in K-zoo, Mich with some crazy wind! Yeehaw!

Love ya, MO

Melinda

Last edited by mjoste; 06-07-2007 at 08:18 AM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:11 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!!

I don't think I got much good sleep because as usual I had two little guys in bed with us...and because WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!! I'm soo excited!!!

Melinda, I honestly don't know how you remember all the people that ever post here!!

Hanna, the kitchen is beautful!! Sorry to hear you've got to have a hysterectomy. Glad the school seems soo awesome!

Sherry, LOL about the neighbors grass!! I would definitely get your paperwork together and get the small claims court!

Michelle, Ugh, I HATE PMS!! Hope the hag shows and doesn't give you crap!

Joan, I'll miss you while you're gone!!

Hi Mary! Hi 4Ben! Hi Sheila!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:16 AM   #3  
Kalamazoo Girl

CONGRATS LAUREN!!!! That's awesome girl! Yeah, I actually forgot about 15 people today...really tired...didn't sleep well either. I'm SUPER happy for you!

All those characters pooped me out!!! MO
Old 06-07-2007, 09:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

MJ, thanks for the complement!!! It is supposed to be low to mid 90's here.

Lauren, Congratulations!!!! Oh I am soo soo happy for you. I am sure that you are sooo relieved. Now start packing girl.

I am on vacation this week, with family from Texas up so I don't know how often I will be on.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning!! We joined an organic fruit/veggie coop this summer and I go pick up our first box of veggies today. It's a lot of stuff I have never had before...collards, kale, bok choy, senposai, swiss chard. Also lettuce, scallions and mustard greens (I've never liked mustard greens, I'll have to find someone to give them to!). I researched recipes last night so we'll see what I come up with. DH hates most veggies, but he has agreed to try everything we get.

I had my first thyroid recheck this morning since going on the medication. I will find out the results next week at my appt.

Lauren: Congratulations!! That is so awesome!! When can I come see it?

MJ: I wish I had some of your energy! My house needs a good cleaning so I could use some extra engergy since I don't have any of my own!

Joan: Have fun on vacation. We will miss you!

Hana: Hugs girlie. I hope you can find the support you need after surgery.

OK, kids are needing Mom!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!
Lauren CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Did you schedule inspections yet? when are you closing? I am so excited for you!!!

it is great so many of you are buying homes, that is so great! time to start a House warming party round! LOL.

Melinda you are so good! I love your posts! you are too funny! I don't want to sound like I am absorbed in myself, but a compliment feels great! it has been very though around here! thanks for the kind words.

Karen what is a coop? I don't know what it is, but I do know when you start eating all those great fruits and veggies be prepared for going to the Little girls room a lot! you are going to clean up gal! that's great! you will feel so much better, and lighter! LoL.

Michelle hand in there!

Kerri where are you?

GG how are you doing? don't work to hard!

Did someone say Clover? we have not seen here in a while!

Rooster where are you?

Hi Darcy!!!!

As for me, well I am scared! very scared! I had a kidney infection back in August last year and at the same time I was getting really bad cramps, I thought they were related to the infection, I didn't bother to go the Dr. for the cramps until Dec. when they had gotten just to painful and annoying, they couldn't find anything, I went back to the Dr. a few weeks later, dieing in pain with the cramps, they did a LVP (have no clue what it stands for) they put some dye and they take x-rays. They did ultrasounds and nothing. They sent me to the GI and they couldn't figure out where the cramps were coming from. I kind of put it in the back burner, I was taking care of Sean. Well in the last month I've been having cramps all month long, I though that was not right, so I called the OBG's office again Barbara the nurse said I should come in right away. The Dr. said I have a tumor that is as big as if I was 4 months prego, isn't it weird, there was nothing they could see before, and know this! NO wander I keep doing lots and lots and I mean lots of abs and it hurts so bad and I am not getting any smaller, actually bigger in my tummy! who would've known! the part that scares me the most is the help I need for Sean, I will be OK I know I am!

Today I am going to treat myself to a massage, Burke Williams SPA here I come!!!!

I am leaving in a little while, have a great day!
I will catch up later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #7  
Kalamazoo Girl

Karen K: Do I really come off as energetic? I really take that as a compliment, I seriously do. I truthfully don't feel peppy at all....ok, let's put it this way: Prior to thyroid issues I was a LOT more intense. I mean multiplied by about 40!!! I really think that your labs are going to come back as being outside the normal range. Do you remember where the levels were @ in the last draw? Sorry if I'm being intrusive, I'm just sooo interested in this hypothyroidism crap! I think that Co-op sounds great! I'm jealous. So how much did you pay up front? Do you have to pay each month too? How much can you pick @ a time?

Hanna: You have a tumor??? OMG! That is scary! How the heck can't they see these things until they're the size of King Kong's left toe? I don't get that! It makes me mad! BUT, you're going to be fine, babe!!! 8-) You are! We love you and will be there for you no matter what! I wish I lived near you so that I could help out with everything. I can't cook, but I can microwave up some good stuff!

Lisa Shmeetza, I want a pizza: It's totally in the upper 80s here and HOT. The wind is nuts. Good thing it IS blowing though, or your skin would bake into apple crisp on contact with the outside world in 5 seconds flat!

Tam: I see you've posted on other 30 Something threads....don't you love us on the daily anymore? We miss you!!!

I am so full right now I could puke. I ate sweet potato & lentil soup, 1/2 a wheat roll and a fruit parfait cup. Blech....I really want to go drink 10 bottles of pink stuff to move this through my system!

This little guy reminds me of myself "MO the monster pig!"

Melinda/MO

Last edited by mjoste; 06-07-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #8  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoste View Post
Roo Baby: WHERE are you my little up Northian??? Our little brave warrior in the land of PMS...
Roo is beat. Never recovered from a too busy weekend and stressing about some severe deadlines at work. As such, with my energy level in the toilet, my activity level has been low. And with my energy level being low, my motivation and happy-juice has also been low - which leads me to bad eating to make me feel better (look back for a previous posting). And that makes me more unhappy.....

So, things aren't the happy-happy they have been. I just hope I can get through this to the vacation that's right on the other side.

Thanks for missing me, MO.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #9  
Sherry

Height: 5'7"

CONGRATULATIONS LAUREN!!! Hope everything is smooth sailing with everything that follows.

Roo~keep your head up. Where are you going for vacation or are you just vegitating at home? enjoy either way.

Hanna~ I hope you are feeling well. My mother and MIL both had hysterectomies and my sister may be next on the list. I hope that you have all of the help you need. The church was a great help to my Mom afte her surgery. Don't know if that is an option for you. My prayers will be with you. Just make sure not to push yourself too hard after the surgery and give yourself time to heal.

KarenK~I don't know half of the veggies you listed!!!!LOL Hope you enjoy and the DH too.

Hi everyone else. Just wanted to check in real quick. I need to go start dinner, check on kids, do laundry, you know the everyday mom stuff.

Chat later
Sherry
J K L A s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...sorry been really busy. I did try to post yesterday twice but either my puter was acting up or the site was? Anyways, i'm doing well. Had a busy day...got 8 surgeries done before lunch then sort of hung around until the boss said i could go. So essentially i went to lunch, came back at 1pm and then putz around until 4 when boss said i could go. It really annoys me sometimes when i've done everything, but have to wait for him to say ok. I hate just hanging around doing nothing...but oh well that's life. So i've been busy doing things getting ready for the move. I have been good other than my lack of exercise. I did work out yesterday with my dog and rode my horse, but other than that..i really need to get my butt moving. I'm really looking forward to moving, being closer to really great outdoor activities. I think that will keep me motivated to work out. I was trying to convince DH that we needed a kayak. He was trying to convince me we needed a flat screen. I personally would go for the kayak. The funny thing is i watch more tv than him and he's the one wanting the 42" flat screen. go figure. I don't think we'll get either...but we can both dream LOL.
Mj - glad to see you chipper as always
hanna- so sorry to hear about your mass. And it is possible to have been missed on Ultrasound if it was small enough (or it may not have been present at the time). If so, that's a bit scary if it grew that fast...however, on that note, i've heard of many ppl that have had masses in their uterus that were benign (good). So i'll keep my fingers crossed for you
lauren - woohooo congrats on the house..now comes all the other fun crap LOL. But congrats. I bet your excited. We'll be going thr this closing crap together. Aren't you exited about signing on the line a bazillion times LMAO
Goddess- yes i know the houses in cali are really expensive. I would love to live out there but couldn't even afford a shoe box LOL. hope you are hanging in there. Glad to hear you got to see your GD.
karen - a coop veggie thing sounds AWESOME. I want something like that. Nothing better than fresh fruits/veggies grown locally. Its also supporting your community...mind me asking..but how much does something like that cost? Just curious since i know a lot of times, in the long run, those programs actually turn out cheeper than grocery prices
roo - hang in there our testosterone driven friend. I hope you get out of your slump. glad to see you pop you head in every now and then.
hey to everyone else and hope i didn't forget anything. hope everyone is well. I'll try to be better. These weeks have just been chaotic lately. Bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #11  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

Cool

Hey all...wow everyone has been so busy today.

Lauren~ I am so happy for you on the purchase of your new house.

Hannah~ My thoughts and prayers are with you. Have the Dr's indicated any suspicions that the mass could be cancerous? I really hope not. My mom has been battling metastatic breast cancer for three years and it's been a tough fight but she stays strong. I will pray that your hysterectomy will go well and following that you will get a clean bill of health. Sending lots of good vibratons your way. : : : :

Lisa~Where in Texas is your family from? We live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. We've got family coming this summer for a family reunion from Michigan, North Carolina, Alabama, and Georgia. It's been a lot of work helping to get my folks place ready for this big shin-dig but it's going to be well worth it.

Rooster-Good to see you're still alive and crowing.

GG-Sorry to hear about the long day at work. I can't imagine standing around and doing nothing for hours at work. That would drive me crazy!! However, there are days that I long for it because my students come in one group every 50 minutes regardless of whether I want them or not.

I felt like a big ol' today. (Which is how I've been feeling alot lately.) I did get in my morning walk although it was cut short by big mean looking pit bull doggie walking in the road. He didn't come at me but I didn't want to invade his terrritory. Didn't get my evening walk in my FIL came for a short visit this evening. He doesn't get to see DS very often so we were really glad to see him.

As for the rest of the day, helped my mom hang some curtains in prep for the afore mentioned reunion. Then took her for an eye appointment and to get new glasses since she lost hers and can't drive with out them. Because of today's activities (yes I'm placing blame) I had chick-fil-a for lunch (could have made a healthy choice but didn't) and we had steaks on the grill and baked potatoes for dinner tonight in honor of our guest. So, in other words, I ate like a today which is why I'm feeling like a today.

Guess I'll start over again in the morning with my walk and then DS and I are headed to do our weekly grocery shopping and maybe to the pediatrician depending on how his cough sounds tomorrow.

A big "howdy" to everyone I missed. Hope you gals had a great day!
4me4ben4will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Wow, who'd a thunk it, but I like kale!! Well, I like it sauteed with turkey smoked sausage, chicken stock, red bell pepper, garlic and brown rice. It was so good that DH said he would try it without the sausage next time! Whoohoo! Now if all the other veggies turn out as well I will be very happy. We only got 6 leaves of kale so there wasn't a lot to work with.

Hanna: A co-op is where you exchange work for produce. I misspoke(typed?) this is a CSA-Community Supported Agriculture group. Here's a link: http://www.localharvest.org/csa/ It has listings for groups all over the country. The one I belong to is run by a local university. The students do all the work, we pick it up! Also, if your surgery is anything like a C-section it's not too bad. Unless your son needs a lot of physical care it won't be a huge issue for you. I only took heavy duty pain meds for a couple of days after my sections. After that it was tylenol or motrin only. I'm not saying it didn't hurt, cause it did, but it was tolerable. Hope that helps.

MO: Yes, I do think you are energetic! I bet you would actually stop and pick up the papers that are on the floor in my living room instead of walking by them like I have been for the past two days. I've picked them up a dozen times this week and now I'm ignoring them. I do not know what my values were last time, I forgot to ask. My hair has started falling out again, so I think maybe my values are low again. I will find out next Thursday.

GG: The upfront cost for the season was $400. It is paid up-front. I'm enjoying it so far. If the collards and mustard greens work out as well as the kale did, I'm set!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Evenin' Everyone...
Lauren ~ I am soooooo happy for you and your family!!! This is just "beyond cool" that so many are buying new homes right now. As GG mentioned, the closing crap is tiresome but so worth it in the long run. We are closing on the new house on 6/22 and just found out today that the home that we're buying won't be emptied until that day. We're supposed to be out of our current home by 5:00 p.m. that day and have movers showing up at 8:00 a.m. I was furious with my realtor today as she should have been way on top of this a month ago. I told her from the very beginning that we really wanted to have a couple of days to clean and move in and she totally blew me off. Having only the afternoon to get out this home and into another one is complete nonsense. Sorry, I'm venting here as I'm royally pissed off at what a lousy negotiator she is. I realize that in the grand scheme of things, this is no big deal. A month from now I won't even remember it (but I sure as **** will never recommend this realtor!). So, thanks for letting me rant. Poor DH heard about it this afternoon and suggested that it might be best if he talked to the realtor from here on out. Excellent!
A friend of mine asked to take me out to a local restaurant tonight. We get there and 7 other people joined us! Such a nice night... I'm really going to miss some of my good buddies when we move. I did *not* do good in the eating dept. They started me off with a pomegranete martini and the evening ended with creme brulee and coffee with Bailey's:-).

Hanna ~ How I wish that we could help you out... I know that your family is a distance away but does DH gave any siblings that could help you out after surgery. Sure does sound scary (and a whole lot more serious than my silly realtor saga).

Melinda ~ you are just too much... I love your posts. "I'm so full now I could puke." You crack me up. That soup sure did sound good though...

KarenK ~ the veggie/fruit co-op sounds totally cool! I'm going to check out that website to see if could participate in such a thing. I *LOVE* kale! We always had it growing up but haven't had it for years. When I was pregnant I used to cook a big pot up ~ so yummy and healthy.

4me ~ how old is your little guy? I can tell from your posts that you are bonkers about him:-).

GG ~ this house thing is moving fast! I can't believe that you're closing in just a week or so. I'm happy for you!

Hi Sherry!

Ok, time to get myself to bed. It's been a full day. Took the kids to the pool this afternoon and I am beat. Hugs ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote