Old 04-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #16  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Lisa: Oh my gosh! That's terrible about grams! That's a lot of blood! Yikes. I wish I lived closer so that I could be there in a phone call to help out with whatever you would need!

Joan: Ok, I LOVE ginger! Have you or your daughter tried the new chocolate covered ginger altoids? I've been afraid to go there 'cause it seems a little different to me. But the regular ginger altoids I can go through in a 1/2 hour! Oh who am I kidding? 10 minutes! You are so funny! Have a great time w/the Easter egg coloring...and post pics of the new "hip" trend in dye if you take any!! !

Fabric: Aw....I LOVE puppies. Ok, this is going to sound gross...but I also love puppy breath! I have sooo much respect for Marines. Well, I have respect for all the men and women in any of the armed forces...but I have a special place in my heart for the Marines because several of my guy friends were in and my dad was a fighter pilot in Vietnam w/Marines. My dad really thought the movie Jarhead was pretty accurate. Anyway, Japan...really? I'm glad to hear you're excited about moving-especially since that can often be so stressful. Will I be asking a dumb question if I ask if you speak Japanese? I've always wanted to learn Mandarin Chinese. Not sure why or if I'd ever be in a position to have conversations, but it seems like a good goal.

Christina: Hey, those shortbread cookies were probably small anyway, count 'um as 2! Sounds like you are doing great! How are you feeling-energy returning?

Michelle B.:Thanks bunches for the kudos! What's the dealiyo with this Wu-Long tea? Is it a premixed tea, bags to make hot, or is it a cold tea or a supplement? What's it supposed to do? I suppose I could look it up, but I'm too lazy.

Lauren: Did I miss word on the job yet??? I tried protein powders but couldn't find one that didn't, er...um.....fill my tummy with expanding air, shall we say! I do drink these fruit flavored protein drinks that are very smooth and pure whey. They're called Isopure. Actually pretty tasty. But, I need to drink more than I do as I'm a firm believer in increasing protein to lose weight (only because it's helped me in the past).

Sheila: Hey there! Does Chris participate in sports? I guess this might do more damage than good, but can you take that away from him? Are you sure that he's really understanding everything in the classes he's doing poorly in? Will the teachers let him, with your help, make up some of the homework to change the grade? Can the teachers email you the assignments each week and then can you print them off and tell Chris he can leave the house as soon as the stuff is done and then checked? I mean, that seems like a lot of work for you, but it would still force him to get done what's required. Hmmm...sorry, as you've heard my parental skills are limited to taking my hamster's toys away for misbehaving. It really sounds like you've tried a lot. Can you do a one on one night where you and Chris have the dining room table and go through the work together and write it off as "mom & son bonding time?" Geez, I guess that's all I've got.

Melinda

Last edited by mjoste; 04-04-2007 at 03:08 PM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

okay...so today gets a bit worse...an employee didnt quite look when parking and put a huge dent in my car (when i was inside working and it was parked). In addition, it sounds like she has the minimal coverage...so i may be out $500 deductable to get the darn thing fix. She says she'll pay me back..but i know from personal experience she barely has a dime. So we'll see..gonna call my insurance and go from there. Ugghhh. Plus this am i was running about 10 min late and when i got in the car...had a call from the clinic saying we had a dog in labor with a puppy's head sticking out that wouldn't pass...so i sped to work..man i made great time...had my first 2 apt reschedule and did an emergency c-section. Unfortunately, the puppies didn't make it...and mom's looking pretty sick...i think she was in labor for hours. owner noted they went to bed at 9 and didn't know anything..so god knows how long she was in labor. So today...not such a good day.
MJ...glad you didn't get offended. I did think you didn't look like the typical women i see w/ body building..you def had less muscle scariness going on. But good for you.
congrats fabbric on the new pup..make sure you get it checked out at the vets...esp fecal...most puppies have internal parasites that can be given to children...also, you can take your dog to Japan..just a lot of work...but you CAN do it. I use to be military vet so i've sent many pets to japan. Just get the dog ready in enough time..a minimum of 160 days if i remember. You have to have its microchip, rabies and then a rabies titer drawn. Also, if you have a post veterinarian...go see them. They have all the info.
as for everyone else..i catch up later...next apt is here..by all!!!!!!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!
I got out of bed at 10:30 AM !!! DH is home today, he is so great! Got up with Sean, fed him breakfast, etc… took care of Zurg (Yorkie) and let me sleep in… He is a KEEPER!!!
I LOVE MY HUSBAND DEARLY!

We are leaving soon to the hospital DMiL can’t have surgery for a couple of days, she is not strong enough for it. Too dehydrated and needs a lot more tests. Thanks for the prayers.

Lauren I hope you get the job you really want! Best of luck!
Kari how is DH motorcycle ride? did he get home?
Rooster sorry to hear about your meeting, we stand behind you here thus! Does that count?

Z
How fun to get a new puppy! I don’t envy the house training but puppies are just too cute little bundles of love! I don’t like moving, but I am glad you do, especially if you have to do it, I heard Japan is very expensive place to live, are you going to be there long? When are you moving?

Lisa sorry to hear about gm

RR I hope everyone gets well, enjoy scarpbooking! I bought a huge amount of creative memories stuff, I had all the stuff in my garage in a box, for a loooong time, never touched it. The day Salvation Army was coming to pick up donations I had a few boxes ready to go and when I put the stuff I had put out the box with all my scrap booking stuff, fortunately I had all my pictures in the house. Someone got a good deal!!!
I don’t know anything about thyroid med, but I am very happy they are working for you!!!!

HI Shiela!
I can definitely relate to the school crap with attorneys, we have to spend our $$ to get what our children need, that sucks! I am right there with you! Tired of the system. I don’t know what to tell you about your son, hopefully is just a “stage”.

DH is rushing me to go get ready!
Got to go!
Have a great day everyone!!!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:04 PM   #19  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

GG: YIKES! That would pi-- me off (about the car). Grrrr....just the hassle of getting in to get fixed and all that other crap! I'm also sorry about the puppies. I'm not a puppy mama, but is it normal for owners to not have a clue like that-about how close to delivering she was? I mean, I'm not in a position to judge them, I'm just wondering. You were a military vet? Wow...you just keep popping out with all these interesting parts of your life. Just darn cool.

Hanna:HI THERE!!!! My thoughts are with you and the DMIL surgery. That's tough. And I'm glad to hear your hubby spoiled you this morning-YOU DESERVE IT!

BTW: I bought Vittori a new little house that isn't so tall (so she won't stand on top and chew plastic)...but she won't fit. She tried and tried and tried to get her hamster hiney in there...but couldn't. She just kind of looked at me like: "Mom, what are you thinking?"

Ok, I really think I might be done posting for the day...I always start to wipe out early after orientation days.... At about 10:00 am I had fantasies about going to the gym later.....yeah, ok.... Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #20  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey everyone~
So I get a call from Cassies' speech therapist asking why she didn't show up I told her it was because Cassie was no longer going in before school due to the fact she had to stand out in a blizzard and you did not show. She said she gave the message to the secretary and I told her to always give me the message because half the time I don't get them from the secretary which is true. So I am in the middle of story time with the kids and get a call from the secretary just mad as ****. How she feels she was stabbed in the back and she always gives her messages out, and it is not her fault if cassie doesn't give me a message. I finally told her that last year I did not get a message and this year I did not and no one called me about the cancelation of speech. I told her you want to talk about being stabbed in the back how about the fact that we are good parents and our daughter just happens to be chronically ill and we get turned over for Educational Neglect from the school but you guys advise not to press charges due to medical, I am like what is wrong with this picture. I just let her babble on. Then I called our attorney. ughhhh There are serious issues going on and why the principal let her call me is just wierd, I like to think he didn't know but he probably did.

FABRIC ADDICT: The slim fast shakes yes I did feel hungry afterwards they are loaded with carbs. I also know from experience that they if you consume too much will make your gallbladder go bad. I had mine taken out. That is what the surgeon said. A good book to read is Carbohydrate addicts diet. I am a carb freak but I am very carefull after reading that.

CHRISTINA: Hey that would be awesome a nice chat maybe some idea's I am just fresh out. It would be different if he was in sports maybe but he is not. I get his homework online and the teachers email me but he will not bring anything home. If I get him graduated it will be one trial in my life that I will be sooooo proud of.

LBH: I hear ya that is what my brothers report cards always said and finally in the 11th grade they figured out he had displexia.

JOAN: Thanks for the advise. My sons SAT scores are off the charts he almost has 100 %. Have fun dying easter eggs sounds fun my thing too. hey have you ever done "Blowing easter eggs". That is fun. The kids like it too.

MELINDA: I am going to try your suggestion about doing the homework with him and see how that goes. Might be the ticket to happiness

GG: Girlfriend I am so sorry about your car. It is so hard when people don't carry enough Insurance let alone any. I hope your day gets better.
As far as the dog in labor well every time mine have had babies I get sooo sick I swear the smell . The first time I had to cancel daycare I was white it made me vomit. I mean seriously you are talking to a woman who the doc said would you like to watch your baby being born we can move the mirror. I am like Oh **** no. I can deal with cuts, all that until after it is done but voluntarily NO THAT IS FOR THE STRONG!!

HANNA: I hope things go well with the docs. I will say a prayer for you and your family. I hear ya about the school I have had it.

Well everyone I better get I hope all is well with you all.

~Sheila~
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #21  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone! It is gray and rainy and YUCKY here today. It's COLD!! I froze getting the groceries into the car today. I had to rearrage the trunk to get the bags in and I had my head down 'cause of the rain. I heard Alex holler "Hey, the buggie is leaving!" I looked up and the cart was half-way across the aisle heading for someones car! I had to chase it down. It was too funny.

RR: Sorry to hear that #2 is sick, but yay! on the weight loss. I hope she is feeling better soon. 7 weeks of vacation? That would be hard to give up.

Melinda: Wow! Those are some before pics! I love reading your posts, so upbeat!

GG: Sorry about the car and the puppies.

Sheila: You have a Cassie too? I hadn't heard of anyone with the name before I chose it for DD. Now I'm seeing it all the time.

to everyone I missed. I have to go deal with a little boy in time out!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:54 PM   #22  

Do carbs make hunger stronger? I admit, I know nothing about nutrition. When I started dieting in September I did see a physician, one that I'd seen all my life, but his practice is not in our military health plan, and he's all the way in CA. My husband has been pestering me to go make my first visit here, which I will do soon enough.

LOL, someone other than me loves puppy breath! This puppy is only 4.5 weeks old. His mama can no longer nurse her pups, and they are on a special puppy food diet. I'm so tempted to go get him now, but I'll be a grown up, and wait until we have food and stuff for him...

Whats the best house training method? We have a crate for indoors, preferably he'll indoors mostly, because I don't want him accustomed to always being outside, and then become frustrated when he is in quantine in Japan, and then if we don't have a yard there...

Oh, and on moving. We've moved 4 times in 5 years, I'm a pro at it lol. Not to mention I've made 3 cross country trips alone with my kids... I don't mind being on the go. The hardest part is deciding whats not going lol. We can't take everything, and I have a dedicated sewing room with 5 machines, and a ton of fabric and I plan to take it all. LOL we may have to buy other stuff when we get there
~Z
fabricaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #23  
sheila

Z: Yes carbs do make hunger stronger you will crave carbs.......... Everything in moderation as they say. Carbs will give you quick energy then you crash. But you do need carbs. Good Luck
Old 04-04-2007, 04:45 PM   #24  

hmwrkmom- i don't really recommend supplements like the tea. I would find a good safe way for you to loose wt. I feel that slimfast is also a way to not really teach you how to eat healthy. I recommend things like weight watchers or calorie counting. That way you can still enjoy life without feeling like you are starving or restricted to some things
sheila...sorry about the kids and grade...don't really have a suggestion...don't have kids...sorry..but good luck
Joan - glad to hear that my post inspire someone..that's a very Great compliment...i have been told i'm a good motivator...some days i definately need to motivate myself...we'll see..usually wt gain does help with the motivation factor
sorry lisa for getting you mixed up...lol
mj- lol at the hamster visual...and as for unknowledable pet owners...god i see it every day. People don't know what they are getting into. I asked the women if she had the dog xrayed at 50days of gestation and she sort of looked like i was crazy..as if to say "why would i do that". Trust me..there are many ppl in this would that shouldn't have pets...i would much rather an owner ask me what they thought was a stupid question and find out the answer then just not know and then the pet have issues from them not asking the "stupid" question (and trust me..i never think ANY question is stupid)...and yes MJ...i served 3 years as a veterinarian in the army. Did everything from annual vaccines for the soldiers pets, to food inspection, to military working dogs and i was also in charge of the shelter for 3 years here at ft. stewart....that's why i'm sooooooo anti-breeding...put down over 300 perfectly healthy animals a year because of not having homes. Big time spay/neuter fan.
fabric...give the crate training some time. I recommend taking them out when they are that old every hour. and don't leave food and water in the crate.. also when they are that age, feed 4-5 times a day. as for carbs..yes they do make you hungry. I find if you eat whole wheat carbs it helps more. good luck
Old 04-04-2007, 07:15 PM   #25  

Hello!
We went to see DMiL, we had to leave the hopsital as we got a call that DS ran out the door of the BG club and wouldn't come out some bushes, it don't think the meds are working at all! grrrrrrrr....
I have no energy to go to the gym today, I am pooped!

GG sorry to hear about the car, maybe you are lucky you were not IN the car! What a hassell!
You have a lot of experience as a vet, I would love it you were closer! Sorry to hear about the puppies and mom I love animals

Z
what kind of sawing do you do? I quilt (when I have time, never!!! LOL) I'm always buying fabric. Can't give you much advise on the puppy, Zurg is a littel spoiled brat, he sleeps in my bed! and runs the house LOL.

Shiela does the attorney work like an advocate? I use and advicate not an attorney and everytime I get a call from some one complianig about anything, or changing anything, not showing up, cancelling things, etc. I just ask them to call the advocate, they don't like calling him, because he knows the laws and put them in their place, I don't like them calling either because it is so costly, but it works! a lot of the non sense stops when they have to call him!

I will check in later!

Hanna
Old 04-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #26  

happy..sorry to hear that the meds aren't working for your son. Hope things with DMiL. And hope things with son get better...must be challenging.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #27  
sheila

Hanna

It is an advocate but there are attorneys with the advocate. Our advocate if Free along with the attorney.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:16 PM   #28  

Garment sewing I sew all of my sons wardrobe, except his socks. His undies, tee's, pants and jackets are all mama made I buy fabric to sew for myself but don't get the opportunity as much as I'd like. I do sew at least 6 days a week, depending on my sons mood lol.

So now along with studying puppy care, I'm inspired to go find out more about the types of food I'm eating. I had no clue the carbs were making me hungry, lol now that I know a bit, I'll go better educate myself on that. Thanx!
~Z
fabricaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #29  

hi Z I tried sewing a shirt for my son long time ago, it was a disaster! I will stick to straight lines = quiltling.

Sheila
how did you get a FREE advocate/attorney? I am paying huge fees for my advocate!

Hanna
Old 04-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #30  

fabric- btw..you should check at your post hospital. Many have a nutritional counciling service. When service men get too "fat" to pass weight/height profile they are usually put on the so called "fat boy" program. Its a several day course that teaches them healthy and proper wt loss habit. Check to see if you have one on post...depends on how big of a facility you live at. They had one at Ft. Stewart when i was stationed there. Sent several of my soldiers to the program. I would try to find out. I will admit...there are several great information sites here on 3FC. Good luck