Old 03-26-2007, 03:52 PM   #16  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Goddess: Hey there, glad to hear the shower was a smashing success! I agree w/GG on the neck twitch. I think Jessica should keep an eye on it for the next week and if it continues to pose a problem, call the dr. and see what s/he thinks. They'll definitely let ya know if she should be seen. I think she should also maybe try one of those thermacare patches-have her place on on for an evening and see if that doesn't loosen things up a bit and make her feel better.

GG: C'mon girl you can do it (on the no coke thang)!!! Of course, right after I posted earlier that I haven't done the dew....well, I got a HUGE King Kong sized dew w/ lunch. BUT, I followed it up with that same sized water. So, do as I say not as I ..... DEW. Get it??? I think you should keep your horse! I mean, see how it goes for 6mths. If hubby is ok with it too, then you should do what your heart tells you. Besides, you have already cut some costs by cleaning the stables! Totally cool that hubby did redid his last house. I have been learning a lot as I go...but my fantasy is to meet and marry a general contractor that can handle anthing-plumbing/insulation/painting/and of course....he better be able to handle some other things too.....

Tam: Phew! Glad the dinner went well...I knew that it would!!! So, what did you get for a housewarming gift...if you don't mind me asking? Oh, and YEEEHAW on the biking in today-you rock!

Moi Moi: Granted, these aren't the best for you, but I love most of the Weight Watcher's frozen meals-they've improved their taste tenfold!!! I even rate the taste now above Lean Cuisine. If I could find the Kashi frozen around that GG suggested, I would snag those up-I LOVE Kashi cereal and snacks. OH! What I've taken to doing lately is making a quick copy of my post before transmitting it because I get timed out over here a lot too...that way I don't have to try and remember what all I wrote!

Almost the end of the work day here in Kazoo, MI...so I'll bid ya'all farewell until menana.... Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #17  
got2losenow

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm glad everyone's Monday seems to be going well.
I started off the day pretty well and made myself a shake with soymilk, banana, and some frozen "unsweetened" strawberries. It was thick so it filled me up for most of the morning.
I decided to try one of the frozen meals today for lunch and I had the WW florentine ravioli, it tasted pretty good. I usually look for ones that don't have chicken or beef because they seem to be on the chewy side.
I have drank 1 liter of water so far today
I am looking forward to this evening and will attempt to keep my dinner on the light side. I also plan on getting on the elliptical for at least 30 minutes tonight.

Check back with you later on tonight!
Diana
got2losenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

lol at mj at the dew joke...and trust me...dh can do just about anything, he placed recessed lighting, totally redid bathroom ie added new shower and tub..and heck he's even done a total overhaul of his car he has...so definately mechanically inclined and i like that...save $$$$
hey there diana congrats on staying op good luck with tonights meal...
and so far that craving for the coke has gone away...for now...water made me feel great. okay off to putz around..bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:51 PM   #19  
Tina

S/C/G: 223/220/145

Height: 5'5"

Talking evenin' ya'll

Well sounds like lots of good progress being made today!!!

I've been staying on track really good, but the cravings for sweets are screaming in my head!!!! I'm trying to ease my way from Atkins to Southbeach because it seems a little more realistic for long term success. I just can't believe fruit could be bad for me????

Melinda: So glad ur getting ur energy back!!

Gator: Giving up coke, whew that's a tuff one!!! Do you not like the diet drinks? They save my life EVERYDAY!!!

MoiMoi: way to go with getting ur water in!! That's such a problem for me! Oh, i like some of the Southbeach diet frozen dinners (the one with chicken and penne pasta)

Karen: Your baby sounds like the sweetest thing! Gah, i love holding them little babies!! I volunteer in the nursery at my church so i can hold em and give em bottles! You maintained this week, so cheers to you! Ya know, i find that we can't always eat well AND exercise, but we can usually do a tleast one of em!!!! Good for you!

Tam: Great to hear about the successful dinner! I was a little concerned i might be watching you on Dr. Phil...."how's that workin for ya?"....lol But really, it's great that your have such a sweet soul that you welcome his mom into your home. It will only make life better for everyone if ya'll all get along!!

Diana: Wow! Good job with the water intake!! Ur my hero

Ya'll have a great night! I'm gonna drink some water now......heck yes i am!!!!!!!!

Tina in Texas
tdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all! This weekend and day have not been good. Today my Grandma had surgery, and so I went down to Findlay last night and was on the go till about an hour ago.

Congrats to all who stayed on plan or lost.

Michelle, I would call the dr an ask, even if it is just talking to the nurse.

Tdream, are you near Beaumont? I have family there, as well as Waxahachie (sp?) or at least thats where my cousins went to college.

Night all, I am beat!

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:46 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

tdream...well honestly...don't like artificial sweetners. I personally believe there isn't something right with them. Just noticed a huge difference in my additude cravings etc since getting off art. sweetners. Plus, i really don't like the way diet sodas taste...never gotten use to them no matter how hard i tried.
Hey there lisa..hang in there
night all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #22  
Tina

S/C/G: 223/220/145

Height: 5'5"

Lisa: No, i'm really a pretty good distance from beaumont. i accidentally drove thru there when i was supposed to be going to galveston. Yea, i'm bad with directions!!!!lol

GG: I hear you girl....if those art. sweetners don't sit well with you then you should avoid them. I'm sure they are probably not good for me, but i love my diet coke!!! But, i admire you for kicking the habit!!! Good job!!!! who knows, maybe i'll get inspired......hmmmmm...
tdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:03 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi all...I know it's really late, but what's new for me?

Tam - Congrats on the dinner going so well. Must be a huge weight off of your mind. It's really nice when the ex can be civilized (or even nice).

GG - have you tried C2 by coke? I like it just as much as regular coke and it has half the calories (and sugar). but you would never know it. Not that I am suggesting you break your resolve. I really admire you for quitting the coke habit. Lord knows I need to. I am with you though. I cannot stand the diet taste. The art sweetners dont affect me, but I just cant stand it.
But good for you chuging down the water instead of the soda!!!

Michelle - I would get Jessica to the MD. Like GG says better safe than sorry. I know this post is a bit late and you needed help earlier. But I hope everything is OK.

MJ - you crack me up with the Dew addiction. My old boss was a dew addict. He called it something not delicate enough to post here. I swear he must have had a garage full of it though!!!! But caffeine is very hard to give up. My name is Kerri and I am a caffeinoholic.

By the way, thanks to Tina, Flitter, and Lauren for the encouragement over the weekend. I almost cried to hear that I wasn't alone and wasn't crazy. I felt very calm after your responses.

It is now 1am and I am starving. Will have to just get my but to bed to ignore the rumble.

Everyone have a great Tuesday!!!!

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote