Old 03-20-2007, 06:51 AM   #1  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default 30-Something's: Tuesday 3/20

Well look at me starting the daily thread.

Lawrence~You need to get off your butt and get on the treadmill!! You wouldn't feel so tired if you got moving and you know you'd feel better! Here's your kick in the pants! LOL

Thanks everyone for all your supportive words with Bryan's dx. That's why I love you guys!

Make it a great day everyone!!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:06 AM   #2  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' Molly & Everyone!

Just gettin' my feet planted here and ready to go. Good news-only 75people coming in today so life is a little more relaxed.

Had a full day yesterday of eating healthfully! One day down...rest of my life to go...I also drank nuttin' but water, albeit flavored water... I bought this gallon jug that was flavored pina colada flavored. No sugar, but sweetened w/aspartame (which I read isn't great for thyroid issues) and it was still too sweet. Besides, give me a REAL pina colada anyday!

I thought about getting up in the middle of the night to eat like a steak, fifteen large pizzas, an entire breakfast buffet and a chicken.....but I didn't. So hey-can I count that as a success??? I am hungry though.

Does anyone know what a "comprehensive metabolic panel" means? That's one of the boxes marked for my labs today (along with all the T3/T4/TSH stuff). Oh well, should have asked my dr. before eh?

Have a great day all!!! Love, Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...congrats mamabear for being the first one one today..lol
mj...not sure in human terms...and every lab is different. I know what it means in my vet clinic at the lab we send it too,....but i think its different for human LMAO
rooster....lets go...get up there and get on that darn treadmill. i know its tough and it sucks if work is crappy...but think about it this way...there is ONE thing YOU CAN CONTROL....exercise and eating well...then you'll start at least feeling better there. I noticed a HUGE difference the last few weeks since i've been doing well....and on those days i "slip", i also notice how crappy my body feels with the crap i ate. Hang in there though....btw...have you thought about a new job? Maybe its time in life to find something that makes you happier...just a suggestion?

As for me...did well today...got up at 6 and worked out again. Its my late day so i don't have to be at work until 11. Did 20 minutes on the elliptical then heading to the barn to do my morning choirs (for the newbies, i clean barns twice a week to keep my horse's rent low). So i think i did some more cardio bringing all the ponies in and cleaning their stalls..,..and then the freaking long hike pushing the wheelbarrow full of manure...i swear the stupid barn owner makes us dump the manure so far out in freaking bfe, its ridiculous how far we have to hike...thank god i don't have back issues. Otherwise things are good...tomorrow is my wi...so i'll see how i did. I'm a little worried since i did very bad on saturday and its tom...but we'll see...well all off to get ready for work. Have a great day all. Check back later
and heres somemore of these

although these make me laugh more
i don't know..i think monkeys are funny...alright guys..have a great one!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Morning all

Just finishing up my work day (night). Thanks for the words of encouragement

No exercise yesterday for me although I ate fine. Need to get started at something.

Lawrence, I too have a treadmill at home that gathers more dust everyday! I like the kick in the butt from Molly. I think I'll take that advice to heart and get myself motivated!

I agree, the monkey is hilarious!

Have a great day everyone.
Clover2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Me again, forgot to answer a question from yesterday.

KarenK - I work at a transition home for abused women. Full time nights. I used to love nights but I find them very tiring these days.

Okay, no more whining. Thanks for listening.
Clover2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning all!

RX, remember when you first started? The weight was falling off, well now you may not have that but work towards when the plateau wears off! I agree with GG, maybe it is time to look for a new job.

Molly, my you were up and motivated.

Clover, I know I am not Molly but here is your kick ~

Shelly, for the sake of time and space I will not tell you my whole story, but suffice it to say I know what you are going through. When I first joined I was seperated from my ex and we were in the process of getting a divorce. With a lot of encouragement, and a few I was able to move past the pain. Unlike the other ladies, I am going to suggest looking in your area for DivorceCare. (Usually found in churches) The cost is very minimal. I think my class was $13 ~ for the book. Take care of the pain inside, which will help you take care of the outside concerns. You can send me a private message (PM) if you want to talk more.

Melinda, I don't know what that is either. My suggestion is to google it or look it up on WebMD.

Be back later to check in!

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #7  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning 30-Somethins

Melinda- I agree, gimme a real pina colada anyday too!!

I hope everyone is having a great day. I played soccer last night and we lost, or shall I say got destroyed, 9-2. The upshot of that was that I got credit for one of the goals. I pushed another player from behind, like tripped into her because I'm a klutz and she accidentally scored on her own net!! Yep. Bendin it like Beckham...

Anyways I've been doing something active everyday this past week, and takin today off.

Anyways;
Happy Tuesday Everyone,
Tammy
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #8  

Default Difficult Day

Good afternoon all,

I have been without a car for about 4 weeks now and in that time have gained about 13 pounds and have been sendentary. I have a 3 year old that I have been spending time with, but it's been hard to have motivation to do anything but clean, watch TV and read. All of which don't give me much exercise. I am hoping to have my car back soon and get to the gym etc. I have never been one to work out at home and do videos etc, so I feel a little hopeless right now. The weather hasn't cooperated either. It is too windy and cold to take my little girl out for any length of time.

Gosh, sounds like a lot of complaining and excuses. I will take that kick in the butt also from the first post. Sometimes it feels so hopeless and all uphill. I am glad to hear when people are doing well, but also glad people post when they are not having a good day. It helps me feel like I'm not alone in this. What a great bunch of people!

It is 12:30 here and plenty of time to turn the day around so that is what I'm going to try and do.
focusedonchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #9  
Trying Hard_2007

S/C/G: 210/210/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Just starting...

Hello,
My name is Anna and I am just about to start the diet to end all diets... No, seriously - I have ordered Nutrisystem and it should arrive this week. I am getting myself siked up to start and to stay motivated for the year it will take me to lose all the weight I have gained. I am currently 210 pounds, which fluctuated about 10 pounds depending on the time of the month. I am 31 years old, and I will be 32 in August. I just don't want to feel like this anymore, but I know I need help staying motivated. I have a wonderful partner, Lara, and she is always very kind to me - saying I'm beautiful, not fat, etc..etc...but I also need people who will be on my tail a bit about staying on track, etc. I am fat and I know I need to do something about it...

One potential hurdle I have is that I have hypothyroidism, which is what started this whole mess. About 3 years ago, I was 128 pounds, and then over about 9 months, I gained 60 pounds without making many changes....I was never a big exercizer to begin with, and then I started getting so tired all the time. Anyway, it was well over a year before it was diagnosed, and although I have been on medication since, the thyroid has remained unstable and I haven't lost any weight - instead, I gain about 4 pounds every few months steadily. I'm just ready to stop all of this.

I ordered nutrisystem because my problem is that I am horrible in the kitchen - I couldn't care about the grocery store and I would rather eat out or something someone put in front of me anyday...So, hopefully this will be a good plan for me. Wish me luck!

I look forward to meeting all of you and encouraging you on your weight loss success road as well!

A.

P.S. I also have no idea how to use this website...
annalperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:38 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Oh crap, I just lost my whole post. Try again later!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #11  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

HI ANNA!!!!! Here's a hug to welcome you to our little corner of 3FC! I haven't met anyone that's tried the nutrisystem program yet so I'll be really interested in how you feel the taste of the meals is! Also, though we all hate to admit it at times....exercise is really a key ingrediant to this weight loss thang! But I am a REALLY BIG supporter of starting somewhere and slow! I am a hypo also and my meds are not regulated yet either. So...I completely understand the lack of energy issue-that is the one I'm fighting so hard to control!

All: 3 hours 'till the blood draw....dang if I couldn't eat a tree trunk right now I'm so hungry....ok, truth is, I have enough "junk in my trunk" to feed my body in a 500 day snow storm, but I'm still hungry dang it!

Focused: What happened to your car-will you get it back soon? Though it's frustrating not being on track, you are spending time with your little one, so that garners you some points regardless! Family time is important too!!! Regardless here: (I'm lightin' a fire under ya)!

Tammy: Sweet on the goal girlie! Yeehaw! Maybe you can use that as your signature move now!

Lisa: I did finally check on what that means. It's a blood test to check for like, everything. Proteins, glucose, amino acids, yada yada. It will help determine if I also have a kidney or liver issue, diabetes...and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember now from the article.

GG: Hey there.....I know little (ok, nothing) about horses...but what kind do you have? Name? Coloring? How long have you been riding? You are just jammed full of energy this week! Can you rub the screen before sending your next email so some of that will rub off on me? You are rockin' the house! I've always loved that Paula Deen too that ya'll were talking about the other day....I love listening to her talk. I read a really nice article about her in Ladies Home Journal too-she's been through some crap! Speaking of crap...sorry you had to haul a lot of that so far away! Blech!

Shelly: The important thing to remember is this: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! I mean, you found about the greatest thread in the world with about the greatest people on the planet to help you....so beautiful energies attract similar! So there! Now let's get you working out! 20 pounds is a FABULOUSO START!!!!

Rooster: How long have you been @ this job? I would agree with everyone about the frustrations-perhaps it does mean looking elsewhere. Have you given any thought to that? BUT, there will always be frustrations-my job drives me nuts too (I get really irritated being sworn at every day). Also, depending on where you're at, the job market may be kind of tough, and if you have to consider retirement plans and loss of pay w/starting over...well, I can appreciate that that might be a really tough call. Regardless, get on that treadmill!

Hi Joan & Lauren & Karen K-hope your day is going well also!!! Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi Clover2007!
You must be a very special person, it take one to able to do the work you do!
Happy2be
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #13  

Hi
Welcome Anna - you will love this place. A lot of interesting tips and so much support!!!!!!!

focusedonchange I wasnīt doing outwork at home until last summer. I started to do yoga at home because my favourite teacher left town and I was so unhappy with the other teachers I met. Now I go to the gym 3 times a week - the other days I do my outwork at home (I do David-Kirsch-programme then). You have to be strict thatīs for sure itīs so easy to say to yourself Iīll do it later in the afternoon But if you really donīt like outwork at home why donīt you go for a walk? Itīs easy and you donīt have to run - just walking! Sometimes I go out shopping for little things like milk three times just because I live in the 3rd floor and then I use the stairs! You can bring a lot of little exercise into your life. For me itīs very important that the TV is off lol

I am fine with my diet but a bit tired. I am reading a criminal story. I enjoy it very much. I did my David-Kirsch-bodyplan workout but I am so hungry today. I think Iīll have an apple after posting
Have a good evening!!!!!!
Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone!!

Whew, we spent the day at the mall. That is tiring for someone who hates shopping! Anyhow, I got the kids set for spring/summer, had lunch with my MIL, took Alex on every ride and took him to the Playmobil store to play. YAWN. Now I need a nap!

Hypothyroid ladies: I was also just diagnosed. What happens when you forget your pill? I forgot to take it this morning and had already eaten when I remembered. It says to take it in the AM on an empty stomach. Does it not work if you take it with food?

Zephyr: I agree with the others, if you are that unhappy at work it's time to look. Here's your *kick* in the hiney for not exercising. Now, give me one! I know I have to exercise and here I sit wasting my baby free time posting on here!

Melinda: You are a strong woman to even consider a fasting draw in the afternoon! Good for you on your eating yesterday and for NOT getting up to graze in the middle of the night.

Clover: Sorry about the nights, but it sounds like you are helping people who really need it! I hope it is rewarding.

Tammy: At least you are outside exercising!! hey, if she can't watch out for you, she deserves for you to knock into her and score on her own goal!!

Focused: I'm there with ya! We have been in the house so much lately. Do you happen to have an exercise ball? I've found that the kids love it when I sit on it and bounce with them. It doesn't sound like much exercise but I can't do it for very long! Part of it is Alex's bony butt, but the rest is that my legs get tired! I try to do it every day, a couple of times. I don't count it as exercise 'cause I really don't do it for very long. Maybe I will start doing it longer and counting it!

GG: I used to have horses (I'm from Texas originally) and I miss it! My first was a shetland pony. My parents bought a farm out in the country when I was 8. When I was 10 my dad told me we were going to buy a pig. We went to the place with a trailer and were looking at the pig. The kids had a pony and I asked my dad if I could ride it. They all said yes. I rode him around the yard and then my dad said "ride him on up in the trailer". I said "Dad, we can't steal this man's horse!". He laughs and laughs everytime he tells that story. We were city people who knew nothing about horses and apparetly my Dad didn't ask anyone. That horse used to throw me every time I got on. Turns out we were putting the bit in his mouth upside down (it was a homemade bridle made out of twine! Came with him.)! Oh the memories!

Anna: We are happy to have you here. I've never been on the Nutrisystem, but I know there is a review of it on the site somewhere. I hope you like it. I wish I had a chef to make my meals and all I had to do was tell them what I liked!

to Lisa and Lauren!! I hope you are both having great days!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/255/200 for now

Hi all
Today is a better day the sun is shining and it's warmer.....Yippy Spring Equinox is for us folks in the north today.

Hope everyone is doing good staying on track

Anna: I am hypo and have the lack of energy still to this day, they have tried regulating my meds and for about the last 2.5 yrs have been on the same dosage, but haven't found that my weight has gone done. I actually have been gaining again so off for more blood work. Girl we just have to work our butts off a little harder to lose the weight.

Melinda how are you waiting til the afternoon to have your blood work you must have some will power the lab here opens at 7:30 am it is drop in so I am usually there at 7:25 waiting.

KarenK I have been on thyroid pills since i was 19 (am now 30) I have found if i don't take them close to the exact time of day i took them the day before i become really crabby and tired. I have never heard of taking them on a empty stomach!?

HELLO EVERYONE

It was metioned on another post about gallbladder surgery I am just curious if anyone here has had GB surgery? If you have, have you noticed changes in the foods you eat????

Wanted to write more but must get my butt back to work
Later
WamTam is offline   Reply With Quote