LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Somethings - Weekend Chat, 3/17-18

Mornin' All! Be back to edit after some
Old 03-17-2007, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...yes i did finally survive the week without my boss. Friday went ok except for stupid employee crap...why is it when a bunch of women work together we can't all play nice...oh yea that's right its called ESTROGEN. god i'm sorry i know we are mostly women here...but it frustrates me sometimes working with some many women. They get soooooo darn catty sometimes...maybe i should declaw the female employeesss LMAO
anyways...yes joan my days do fly by. But i like it that way. I'm a very energetic and highly ADHD person. So my career keeps me on my toes...but i like it that way. I don't sit around much LOL.
Hey goodess..how'd you break your ribs?
hi everyone else
Yea!!! we closed work today.....only in Savannah will a place close for st. patty's day...well st. pat day is savannah is a HUGE party (second to mardi gras). So got to sleep in some. Went and rode my horse this am..now i'm going to join my hubby and friends to watch the savannah st. patty's day parade and probably do some drunk stumbling around river St. ...got to enjoy my last st. patty's in Sav. See ya guys laters!

ok,.....do get the idea what i'm about to do. LOL
Old 03-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone!

We've already been out to Karate class this morning. I took both kids and DH stayed home to dig us out of the snow. Ugh. It wasn't nice fluffy snow this time, it was mostly sleet, so it was very heavy. I'm glad he was home to do it! I put a batch of oatmeal (steel cut oats) in the crockpot last night so we woke up to a nice warm breakfast. I really don't like oatmeal but I put a tablespoon of chopped walnuts in it (along with a teaspoon of butter and two teaspoons of sugar) so it was tolerable.

Godess: Sorry to hear about your rib. How did you do that?

GG: Sounds like you have an eventful day planned!

Lauren: Are you digging out?

OK, off to clean house to get ready for the company tonight. Have a great day!!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #4  
LBH

Hey all,

Karen, yeah, DH & the boys are out there now fighting the mess. The snow thrower isn't cutting it, because it's solid ice. He's doing what he can, then he's just gonna throw down a bunch of ice melter stuff and pray it works.

GG, i hear ya' on working with women...it's stupid high school BS all over again! I have to say, working for a woman boss if the worst...I don't know if they have a power trip or what, but I've never had good luck with woman bosses. Hey, have you ever been to Paula Deen's restaurant?

Michelle, what happened that you broke a rib hon??
Old 03-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Karen & Lauren, sorry about the ice. That can totally mess with your day!

GG, be careful and dont drink too much.

Molly, doing lunch sounds like fun! I am sure that my schedule is less hectic than yours so PM with possible dates/times, etc. There are several good places up by the mall, if you want to go that route.

Happy St. Pattys day all. I am sure my mom wants a Jiggs dinner tonight, but we probably won't have one. (I think they sound discusting) With a name like McCartney and Mom's maiden name of McCann you would think I would like it ~ but I don't.

Irish Joan, Have an especially good day today!

Well off to help with the laundry.

Lisa

Last edited by lppennington; 03-17-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Happy St. Pat's all!!!

You'd never know that my mother is from Ireland though as I don't have a bit of green on.... DH and I are going out with another couple this evening to see some live Irish performers so I'll have to dig up a bit of green. It's one of my favorite colors and yet I hardly ever wear it.

I've never had a good woman boss. It sounds terrible but it's true. DH comes home now and then complaining about how catty the women are at work. They take everything personal and I know exactly where he's coming from.

Karen ~ I don't like oatmeal either but eat it because it's good for me and fills me up. DH has me hooked though on the steel cut kind. He makes a big pot, throws in some nuts, blueberries and honey ~ YUM! Enjoy your company this evening.

Lauren ~ good thing you didn't do the hotel. The weather is so weird. It was 75 degrees two days ago and today it's snowing outside. DH ran in the St. Pat's parade this morning and he said there it was the coolest sight to see over 9,000 people running with a light snow coming down.

We had two showings today on the house. I'm thrilled by how often our house is being shown but also somewhat surprised that it hasn't sold yet. I noticed in the book that the guy that signed in today was here a few days ago. That's a good sign. Someone asked me what my house looked like a few days ago??? The reason why it's showing well is because it is absolutely adorable! I love our little house; hardwood floors, stained glass windows, fireplace, neat little nooks and crannies. It would be perfect for a young couple or a single person. This was our first house and we bought it when DS was a baby. Never thought that we'd have two more children in it! I'm a really organized person and am constantly de-cluttering. I have to as our space is so small. We are going to be in shock with our next house as we're planning on doubling our living space. We'll actually have closets!!! However, we'll be sacrifcing one thing or another in order to gain more space. Makes me sad to think about leaving this area as it is the neatest little community.

Take care all ~ Joan
Old 03-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #7  
LBH

Joan, that was me asking if you had photos on the MLS! I am obsessed with houses and wanted to see them!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:28 PM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Well, dinner seemed to be a success!! I did well until dessert. They brought cookies and there was a coconut one I could not resist! Oh well. I'll do better tomorrow.

Joan: Your house sounds cute. I hope you get a better offer soon.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:59 PM   #9  

hey all..well we decided not to get totally drunk..in fact i only had two beers while watching the parade...which fyi was 4 hrs long. And them my friends and i decided to avoid the craziness of river st and go back for a bbq. So not too bad...alcohol wise...eating...was another story...lol.
My boss right now is a guy...but his wife is the office manager and sometimes that can be a problem..but what i was dealing with on friday was two receptionist trying to win "who's the best". They are both so far up our office managers rear, i can see there eyes when the office manager opens her mouth LOL. So its was just stupid little petty things the two were doing but god i swear its like 5 year old children trying to win moms attention. It's okay if they were ACTUALLY 5 years old...but they're not. You would think that women in their 30's would have some self esteem and dignity. Ugghhhh just get over it and do you freaking job and do it right and then there won't be a problem...sorry...rant over LOL
joan...you house sounds cute. And yes fyi one person looking multiple times is usually a VERY VERY good sign. The ppl that bought our house looked at it twice and then made the bid. So i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Karen-yes my day was very eventful...but also so unbelievably stress free after the last few days, i enjoyed a low stress day. my house looks like crap right now...but by gosh darnit i needed a day to unwind...and i feel great! The house can be cleaned another day.
LBH - yes i have been to paula's resturant...i use to go to it before she made it big on food network. Its good but i don't really eat there any more...simply for several reasons...one the food is good but not worth the 2-3 hr wait..there are far better resturants i'd rather eat at in Savannah....and most importantly....her food is true southern cooking...deep fried butter etc. You ooze grease from you skin pors for the next week. The food is good..but imho i just can't see waiting that long for something that is so unhealthy for me.
Alright guys...off to bed...check back in tomorrow....night all.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 145/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! Happy St. P's Day!

Went to the gym today...did 60 cardio and my usual abs and butt stuff. I better start doing some arm/upperbody work! I just really want my abs and butt to be gone...far far away to a land that time forgot.

GatorgalstuckinGA: My hubby primarily works with men, and he describes a lot of aggressive posturing, so I guess each sex has there thing. I imagine his office like a bunch of gorillas all fighting to be the great silver back...and possibly marking their territory with urine...oh wait...that's just them missing the toilet. Men are sloppy that way.

KarenK: Try brown sugar in your oatmeal. Yummy!

Joan: Good luck with your house. It's not the best sellers' market...at least where I am, but it sounds like you have some interest.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Good evening all. Too bad I'm not a morning person to see all of these wonderful posts earlier. I hope everyone had a wonderful St Patty's day. I actually wore green today. It is a much bigger deal here in St Louis than in Phoenix.

Hope that house sells quickly for you, Joan. Don't settle just to get out of there!

I agree with the idea that working with women is like being in high school. Oh my gosh, sooo much gossip! It makes me wonder what they say about me when I am not there

Anyway, it snowed so pretty here today. Too bad I was inside working. I snuck out to the bathroom a couple of times to peek. I just wanted to sit by a window and watch it. It didn't stick, but sure did come down in buckets for a while.

Will check in tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I just read yesterday's chat and just have a quick comment on the med issue. Generics are the same as brand names. I know a lot of doctors don't believe this on thyroid meds and some other, but the studies are there. Also, even brand name meds can be +/- 10%-20% of listed strength. That is considered to be within normal limits.
On the other hand, every person responds differently to meds. I say get the generic thyroid med - the dose can always be adjusted which will probably happen from time to time with brand name also. It most likely will have to be adjusted when first starting on the med. I was put on thyroid meds a couple of years ago and I took the generic with no problems.

And to Lauren there is no legal reason the pharmacy cannot order narcotics more than once per week. now if its that pharmacy's policy....I don't know. But they are able to order every day (usually only receiving orders on weekdays though) as long as the pharmacist in charge is there to sign the order form.

Sorry for getting on a soap box. Just go a little nutty where meds are concerned!

Kerri
Old 03-18-2007, 08:30 AM   #13  
LBH

Mornin' All!

DH & I ended up going out to dinner last night. We went to Johnny Carino's and it was yummy! After the bread & oil, mozz. sticks (2 each) and soup (Tuscan Bean & sausage), I was pretty full. I had Lemon Rosemary Chicken, which was a full chicken breast marinaded and grilled, angel hair w/garlic & spinach and grean beans. I ate 1/2 chicken breast, a fork or two of angel hair and some grean beans. Took the rest home. No dessert...too full!

Kerri, we ended up too snowed in to get to the pharmacy anyway, so Peter will have to wait until next weekend to start the meds. Thanks for the info though, I will keep that in mind. I'm guessing the head pharmacist was not there at the hour I was, maybe that's why.

GG, I think if I ever visited Savannah, I would have to try it once, but I can imagine the grease...DH calls her show "Paula Kills Again"!!

Lots of cleaning and laundry to do today...have a good one all!
Old 03-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #14  

morning all. Yes lbh...i do think that everyone should try Paula's place once. alll the tourist do LMAO. I have...so been there done that...so i just stick to some of my other favorite local places.
LOL at fitter...and men marking their territory. and good job at the gym....i need to go today. I think i'm going to go ride my horse first and then workout later.
joan hang in there with the house. We lucked out...where we lived...it was a seller's market...so that was great for us. And it get's better because the atlanta area right now is a buyers maket. So we sold high and will probably be able to buy low.
i think i finally caught up on my sleep...sleep til 9am today (that's late for me) and i feel great....but still need coffee...so i'm off to make some. check back later. bye all.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Lauren ~ I'm glad that you made it out to dinner with your hubby. Sounds like my kind of place! Happy Anniversary! Did you say that this was your sixth???

Hey, what happened to "wannabe?" Haven't heard from her for quite some time. Come back to us Wannabe!!!

GG ~ Where we live it is definitely a buyer's market. I'm not too concerned as we don't have a big expensive home to sell. It will be to our advantage when buying ~ hopefully!

I've been extra diligent lately about drinking my water. I feel funny if I don't get enough in my system these days. Also, I tried the "chocolate peppermint" Luna bar ~ excellent! Happy Sunday all!
Closed Thread