Old 03-15-2007, 04:48 PM   #1  
Gonna do it this time

S/C/G: 242/234/130

Height: 5'4"

Default New to the site

Hi all my name is Stasha. I am 33 years old and weigh 242lbs. I have been overweight my whole life and have decided that I am done with it. I am currently going to the gym everyday. When I can't go to the gym I go for a two mile walk. I am still working on my eating habits and I know that this would be a better process if I started eating better. That is about it. I found this site and thought it looked like a nice place to track my progress. Thank You for reading this and I look forward to being apart of this group.

-Stasha
Stasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/176/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Stasha, I'm new too, and also 33 years old.

Last fall I had four people ask me if I was pregnant - all in a two week period. Isn't that incredible? Well, even though I thought they were all idiotic for asking me (I don't even assume that about the most obviously preggo women!!) I still had to take it as a sign.

So I started exercising. I'm one of those "owell I don't really eat that much kind of people" but in reality I probably ate like a linebacker. Anyway, I started WW and I'm still exercising. It seems to be working but it is slow.

I know a woman in her late forties who is pretty heavy. She has started a weight loss campaign after a health scare. She is really inspiring to me, in part because I think, if I wait until I'm her age (another 10-15 years) to do this, won't I wish I had done it sooner? So I'm totally with you. I'm going to do it now. So I can enjoy the next 10-15 years even more.

Cheers.
jennymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Hi Stasha

I'm new too and just turned 35. I looked at my life on my birthday and realized I am not at all where I want to be. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and have been quite inactive this past year. I've been blaming it on being too busy to exercise. I am busy but I know I need to take time for myself - including time to exercise.

Good for you for going to the gym everyday or walking if you can't. Sounds like you're feeling motivated. Stick with it and don't be too hard on yourself. The eating habits will change with time.
Clover2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/181/155

Height: 5'3"

Default I am new too

Just turned 35... and heavier than my full term pregnancy weight! I have been doing SBD since January and dropped a little... also working out on the eliptical at the gym... I just want my clothes to fit and to get out of these draw string black pants!

Maybe we could start some sort of group?
Magick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:23 PM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello ladies and WELCOME!! Please join us on the daily thread. We post a new one every day and that's where we do most of our "chatting".
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #6  
Gonna do it this time

S/C/G: 242/234/130

Thanks for all of the replies. It's good that we can support each other in this long dreadful process. Personally I hate working out, but I sure am learning to love it. Especially when I start to see results. Anyway have a good day and keep your strength.

Stasha

Stasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:20 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Ladies!! Ditto what Karen said!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:03 PM   #8  

Height: 5'3"

It seems like a lot of us in our thirties are ready for a change. I am 33 and am SO done with being unhealthy, overweight and insecure about the way that I look. (That is an understatement).

30 is supposedly the new 20 and I want to enjoy every minute of it. God knows I wasted the last 11 years not being myself because of the way that I looked...NO MORE!

Stasha, you will find so many wonderful encouragers(is that even a word ) here so please keep coming back.

I am looking to you for inspiration with the exercise. I AM going to get both eating right and exercise to somehow meet. They seem to be avoiding each other!
focusedonchange is offline   Reply With Quote