Height: 5'10"

Default 30-Something's Daily: Tuesday, 3/13

Mornin' All!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Hi all, new here but will try to post daily

Maybe you girls can make me accountable cause I can't make myself accountable. This day will be challenging on my food because of the chaos of my life. I will be OK with Breakfast through afternoon snack(I sound like a preschooler-snack time), but then I have to go to school and I will try to grab a salad and a protein shake for between classes. OK, you heard it , I will have a salad and protein shake. So someone ask me tomorrow if I was successful with my plan. Have a good day .
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

OK Scrappin...you asked for it, just make sure you show up!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:17 AM   #4  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

morning all to busy to chat but i am lurking daily
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #5  

Hey All,

Gotta be quick as my work computer doesn't like forums and logs me off whenever it feels like it.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the warm wishes yesterday and Grats to all with good news and stuff too.

Didn't do so well with food yesterday. Got the munchies yesterday afternoon and went for the 1pt cupcakes instead of the 1pt apple. Wouldn't have been so bad except my fiance' cooked dinner last night. Now he's awesome and a great cook. Worked hard all weekend to figure out point values for his favorite recipes so he could make them for me and still support me in my weight loss. But then he didn't measure out servings, just filled the plate. So instead of paying attention to portions (which is my downfall) I ate everything on the plate. I counted it as two servings and subtracted my flex points, but I'm a bit bummed by it since I wanted to hold my flex points in reserve for this weekend (we're goin' to a celtic tavern Saturday night). So I gotta be a bit more careful this week, and make sure to get some exercise in. Tonight I'm hittin' the tredmill & gonna take a page out of Flitter's book and listen to my MP3 player while I walk! Have a great day y'all, lunch break is over.

glad I copied this, i've gotten booted out twice now!
celticcowgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:01 PM   #6  
LBH

CCGirl, sounds like my office computer...I'm shocked it lets me in here, I get kicked out of or blocked from almost everywhere else I try to go!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #7  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Hey there all! Phew! What a morning! I've been standing up doing orientation for 115 people and I just FINALLY ate lunch...didn't get a snack this morning and I was bad...did NOT eat breakfast either! It's sooooo frackin' hot in here I'm about to pass out. Not good. And of course, am I drinking water? No, dewin' the dew I'm afraid! One more week until my first blood draw to see where my TSH levels are after starting thyroid meds!!! I can already say I'm gonna need 'um upped! I just hope my energy level returns before I turn 40!!! But, I did eeck out 15 minutes of bike work last night! (I just love this dancing carrot!) It's almost SEVENTY degrees today in Kazoo, MI and I'm lovin' every minute of it....if they would only turn off the heat in this building..... Later all! Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Greetings to all!

Congrats to all that lost weight and exercised this week! I'm holding steady for the second week in a row:-(. I've been eating poorly and the only thing that is helping me is that I've been really busy.

GG ~ we had our first Open House on Sunday and received our first offer by late afternoon! It was an ok offer but not sure that it will fly. They wanted us to take $5,000 off of our asking price plus pay closing costs. We sat down with our realtor last night to work up the counter-offer. We were ok with paying the closing costs but refuse to come down on the price. Not yet anyway. The house has only been on the market for 12 days and we've had showings nearly every day. I doubt that they'll accept our counteroffer as we raised the original price. We figured in an extra $3,000 to cover closing costs. Our price is *so* reasonable and there is just no reason why we'd come down at this point. We have outgrown this house and must move this spring so we priced it to sell fast. I need some of your good luck dust!!!

Happy Tuesday to all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #9  
LBH

Joan, they wanted you to come down AND pay closing costs?? That sounds a little crazy. Why would anyone agree to that?

Melinda, put the DEW down and get yerself some water girl!!
Old 03-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #10  

Lauren ~ yes, they're first time buyers and have no "cash" for the closing costs. I feel sure that they're not going to accept our offer. It would work better for us to sell closer to school letting out. We'll be moving about 30 - 40 minutes from where we currently live. I want our kids to finish out the school year here and I don't relish the thought of carting kids that distance during the last month of school.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #11  

I was so caught up in my reply that I hit the button before finishing...

Melinda !!! You can't be "dewin" it!! I want to give you one of those little kick in the pants things too but never can quite figure out where to find them.... That stuff is terrible for you.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #12  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Joan & Lauren: WHOA! Got the kick in the rear and am drinking some water with lemon juice in it now! Joan-I agree that that is crazy about the offer. But are they people that your realtor says are a good match for the house? I'm glad to hear you made a counter offer since their offer came in so fast! I know that when I bid on my house I had to ask for $5,000.00 for the down payment and closing costs, but I offered full price-they upped it that $5,000.00 to make up for what they were covering and I was totally fine with that. I mean, you really can't expect it both ways! I think I've talked my friend Shelly to sign on with us now and again-ya'all will love her! She's gonna really need all of our support as she's been pretty good about her WW program, but.....she needs more encouragement. Well, 45 minutes left until I get out of here and with weather this good...I had BETTER get out and walk the neighborhood!!! Scrappin'-I'll check with you tomorrow if you check with me on whether I worked out!
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #13  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

Wow...you gals have been chatty today. It's great to hear from everyone. Good luck with the sale of the house Joan. Only 12 days in...I'm sure you'll find the right buyer soon. Nobody wants to drive 40 minutes to take their kids to school. YUCK!!

I actually met my spring break goal!!! It is amazing. I couldn't believe it when I hopped on the scales Monday morning and they actually read 170. I about passed out. I bought myself some cute new camo capris and a t-shirt to wear with them. My hubby thought they were so cute. He went to work and told his co-workers how hot I looked yesterday. I also rewarded myself with a full day of scrapbooking yesterday. I went to my favorite scrappin' store and got 7 pages of DS's scrapbook done yesterday. It was big fun.

Now it's on to my birthday goal. 6 lbs in 6 weeks. Wish me luck!!
4me4ben4will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Height: 5'9"

Good afternoon ladies,

My second day here and I am loving getting caught up in everyone's day to day stuff.

mjoste-nice job on getting back to the water, the "dew" is the worst, way to go!!

Joan- it was your first open house and your first offer. if it will work better for you to sell closer to summer it will happen and the offer will be right. i truly believe everything works out the way it is supposed to.

Lauren-thanks so much for the invite to today's posts.

4me- beautiful job on the loss, especially hitting your goal and lookin' hot in your new capris. Gotta love that!!!

I learned recently that my body speaks to me when something isn't right!! I was trying to talk myself in to taking a job, which included a move back to Alaska. It started making me physically ill. I made the decision not to take the job and suddenly my anxiety vaporized. Our hearts and bodies talk to us, sometimes we just have to sit quietly enough to hear it.

Have a wonderful day!!
tawnab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 145/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Congrats, 4me!!! Way to go!

It's been so hard not drinking soda! I did order an ice tea today, but Bob Greene said it was ok. Ha! I have problems in the evenings. I too want to munch, but I've been good. It's been hard, but I've lost 3 lbs since I started working out about 3 weeks ago, so that's motivation.

I didn't sing at the gym yesterday, but there's a lot of head bopping, silent singing, and finger tapping. I just can't bring myself to start singing Dirrty in front of people. Haaa! How do people hear music and not sing out loud and tap, etc? I can't do it. If I'm in the car, I'm screeching. Hubby just sits there...he likes the music, but no outward manifestation of that. It must be the frustrated performer in me.

So what music do you listen to when you work out? I go totally MTV...Christina, Fergie, Missy Elliot, Justin, even a Britney song. Oh the shame of my Ipod play list.
flitter is offline   Reply With Quote