Old 12-29-2006, 06:30 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default 30 Somethings: Dec 29th

I am still here!!
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:46 AM   #2  

I hope that everyone's holiday's were happy ones! I have to admit that I am glad it is over......I know that sounds very scrooge like, but the stress can be too much sometimes!

I am feeling a bit miserable this AM, as yesterday was the dreaded birthday and as much as I hate my b-day, I always hold out a little hope that DH might try to do something to make it a little bit better of a day. Needless to say he did not~hence the mood today. It is not the aging that bothers me, it is the fact that my b-day is 3 days after christmas and I guess that I harbor a little resentment in the fact that I do SOOOO much to try to make everyone's christmas wonderful and it feels like DH does SOOOOO little to try to make the b-day a happy one.

My MIL always has a birthday dinner for me on New years day and that is wonderful and I love that she does it for me, but DH thinks that because his mom is doing the b-day dinner, he doesn't have to do anything and honestly it makes me a little sad.

Anyway, I guess that I need to get over it! After 16+ years together, (4 dating, 12+ married) I should be used to it by now.

I have not kept up on the goings on here, so I am definately out of the loop. I have been online 2x's in the past week and it was only to check on items that I was still waiting on being delivered.

Karen~the little lady is such a sweet peanut! I have to ask though, what is a fontanelle? I am sure that I will feel silly when I hear the answer, but I have honestly never heard that term.

Lauren~How has everything been with you? How is the daycare search going?

RX~How have you been? I hope that you are feeling better and the dark days have passed. I have an inkling that they may have moved south and just slightly west here to NY.....

Molly~Sorry to hear that the man is waking you up early, it must be a guy thing he and dad have going on there!

to all of the newbies!!

I hope that everyone has a great day! I am going to try to do that myself and get out of this funk!
Take Care~
Darcy
Old 12-29-2006, 08:52 AM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Darcy--the fontanelle is the soft spot in front of the baby's head..
U R up early!!! K's birthday is right before Christmas and I swear I will always make it special and not combined..Happy BIrthday!!! I had her party the first week of December.. Men are just weird--that is all except RX

Welcome to all the Newcommers!! Happy holidays!!!

Karen--Hope all turns out well..I know from experience about Heads and babies(Remember when K was 6 months???)I am sure all is fine..She is cute.

Ok--off to finish my Memory book..I am making one for my aunt who lost her son 2 weeks ago..It makes me cry looking at baby pics and growing up pics.
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:06 AM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Nail: I'm glad it's over too. Now back to healthy eating.

I'm not going to make my goal. I can't lose a lb a day til he gets home. Teach me to take on five billion projects and put my health and healthy eating 2nd.

Hubby is due to come home Jan 16

Happy New Year
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:26 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Holy, HURRAY for DH coming home!!

RR & Darcy, about birthdays...even with my two boys being in January it's hard, because they just got stuff for Christmas and I have to come up with more gift ideas for Bdays.

Darcy, That's really nice that your MIL has a nice dinner for you. I hear ya' on the holidays being over. I may even undress my tree today!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:35 AM   #6  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

i just got my tree 2 days before christmas eve. the silly dog keeps knockin needles off of it with his silly waggy tail LOLOLOL
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:52 AM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Mornin' all.
**Dearest Darcy,
I guess it's kinda funny you bring that up about your bday and your hubby not making you feel special. Every year I have to plan my own bday. And just last night I was thinking that I will be 30 in feb. and wondering if he would even think that that is a big one for me? I made him a huge party for his 3-0 a few years back and have never had anything similar in return. Like I said, I always end up planning everything, making the calls (family, friends, restaurant,etc) I guess I've come to expect it. Now I know what waits for me down the road. More of the same. But at least you have you MIL to make you a nice dinner. Well for all that......Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Thank you everyone for such a gracious welcome.

Have a great day and keep your heads up. The year is almost done. Then we have all of next year to try and make up for the things we didn't do this year.
shey237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:40 AM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone. Ugh. It was an awful night here. I went to sleep fairly early to be woken by DH playing games on the new PSP. Then the boy woke up and I went to snuggle him for a bit. Thought he was asleep, but no. He came into our bed at 3. He was not able to sleep so I finally got up with him at 4. He finally fell asleep on the couch, but I just got some snatches in the chair. I feel like I have been beat with a huge stick.

Birth day ladies: Have you told your DH's that they are falling down on the job? I was guilty of feeling the same way and then I reminded myself that he can't read my mind. Ours was Xmas stockings. He didn't realize I wasn't going to fill my own! We talked and now he doesn't forget.

Have a great day all!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/164/135

Height: 5'5''

Hey Shey237!!
My hubby is like that too!! Maybe its a guy thing! My bday is in August, but the only reason now he gets a cake or something, is because of my little girl... He will buy something for me and say its from her... but its just a little family party, just us!!
But its like that with all plans.... I have to be the planner..... Sometimes I wish he would say,"This weekend we are going to the mountains!", for instance. You know, just make plans!(for once) to anywhere... Eating out even is a big deal, who is going to pick where we are going to eat at????
Anyways, I love him. He is very manly, and sometimes insensitive to my feelings. He is a big deer hunter, fisherman, and anything else he can hunt! hahaha Well, enough about me.....
Hope everyone is having a great day..... I work tonight, I will try to stick to this journal thing, I think it helps me, let stuff out, and maybe keep account to my eating better. I totally am going to join ww soon! Thanks to everyone for the welcome! And can't wait to get to know ya'LL. Thanks again from the georgia girl!
sugarandspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #10  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Cool TGIF (The Ground Is Frozen!)

Well, today I am sore. Not because I did anything strenuous - more likely that I just slept on things funny last night.

Been a lazy week - it's always quiet this time of year at the office, so the guy I carpool with and I always arrive late and leave early. I mean, I've received more PERSONAL email today than professional email all week. You'd think I'd spend some time getting myself caught up, but it's almost impossible to motivate myself to do "something" when everyone around me isn't here. I need a good butt kick.

Got on the scale this morning, mainly to lessen the shock of next week's first official weigh in. I might have lessened the shock of next week, but I'm still kinda about what I saw this morning. Oh well. Let it go and move on -- adjust the trackers on January 1st.

So, as I said yesterday, I'm compiling my list of "40 things to do before I'm 40", and have decided to use that 43 Things website I linked to yesterday. However, I'm calling on my DW and some very good friends to help me compile the list. Maybe they have a unique point of view and can come up with some suggestions that they think I should do, or even some things that they'd like to do with me. I've come up with 10 things on my own and I'm hoping that I get the other 30 from their suggestions. (http://www.43things.com/person/rxzephyr)

One other thing I'm going to try to do -- and this is all about feeling "good" about me again -- is to write ONE THING that I am happy about EVERY DAY. I'll do that for a couple weeks and then write TWO THINGS....then a couple weeks later three, and so on. I think I'll stop at 5 things/day and then continue it on every day. I don't know how it'll work out, but I have "my hard-cover book" (a Christmas gift from a dear friend who is suffering through similar self-worth issues) that I'll be writing in.

Lots to do, lots going on.

Darcy - Happy Birthday, hon. Sorry to hear that you feel that your birthday was forgotten/lost in the whole rigmarole of the holidays. However (and this goes out to all the shunned birthday ladies out there), as Karen pointed out, if you don't tell your DH how you feel, he'll never know. Guys are definitely no more mind readers than the ladies, and guys are (in general) not even as in tune with the emotions around them. No subliminal mind games when dealing with your men, ladies. Use small words, even tone (no lecturing/nagging) and short sentences. It'll get the point across.

A subtle hint (write it in his day planner, setup an automated email birthday reminder, whatever) a day/week or two before to jog his memory wouldn't hurt either.

And if he does it again after that, there's no hope and you'd better get the

RR - Sweetie, I'm just as weird as all the men out there. Trust me, I'm sure that my DW would LOVE to tell you guys all kinds of stories about how awful I am. And, no, I'm not giving you her email.

Holly - Glad to hear you're getting your DH home. Just remember to reward yourself after you accomplish all five billion projects. (Reward with a non-food reward. )

Lauren - This proves I read some messages too quickly. For some reason, I thought you said YOU were going to undress UNDER the tree. I was starting to think SOMEONE was getting a late Christmas present or something.

Alright folks - time to try and pretend to do a little work.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:51 PM   #11  

Afternoon all!

It helps to know that there are some who understand my frustration with DH. I love him more than I could ever express to you all, and I would not give him up for anything......even though sometimes he just does not get me! We are very fortunate to have a relationship where we can discuss anything, big or small issues and usually without raised voices. BUT, I have tried to explain how and why my b-day is such a downer for me, but no matter what words I use, he just does not seem to understand where I am coming from. I just don't know any other way to help him see the light!

RR~SO glad to hear that you keep K's b-day special, she will appreciate that as she gets older!!

Holy~Glad to hear that hubby will be home soon! You have accomplished alot since he has been gone, so you give yourself a nice pat on the back!!

Lauren~I know what you mean about Jan b-days too, my oldest's is Jan 29th and I feel for him, so I go out of my way to make sure he has a great party! The gift giving can be challenging though!

RX~You Crack me up!! You thought that Lauren was going to undress under the tree.......we know where your mind is at!

Shey~Yes, it sounds like we could be in the same boat here! I also had a big bash for DH's 30th. He kept saying that he was going to throw me one for my 30th (later the same year) but I told him not to and really meant it! It was very costly and just not worth doing it twice in one year. Now, I would not be opposed to one some day, but definately won't count on it because, like you, I usually get stuck making all the plans. He lovingly and jokingly refers to me as his wife/secretary, because I handle all of the appointments/phone calls, money/bills and so on.

Karen~You poor thing, go get some rest!! I finally stopped filling my own stocking about 6 years ago. Unfortunately I still have to remind him each year to do it!

Sugar&spice~My DH is also an outdoor man, I guess that all that fresh air has something to do with the lack of sensitivity, I don't know. I too would love it if he would surprise me with something thoughtful, just once!

I am sure that DH and I will be talking about this tonight when he gets home,
because he knows I was not happy with him this AM.

So enough of the pity party for myself, time to go do some work.
Have a great afternoon & evening!
Darcy
Old 12-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #12  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nail-lady View Post
RX~You Crack me up!! You thought that Lauren was going to undress under the tree.......we know where your mind is at!
What can I say, it was a slow day at work.
And of course you know where my mind is....I am still a guy, remember.

As one of my favorite sayings goes...
Keep on smiling. It'll make them wonder what you're up to.

:L
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #13  

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone,
I can't wait for this week to be over. Did I mention that already. I feel like I am in a huge RUT. But at least I am eating healthy and walking everyday.

**I agree that noone can read my mind. I thought of that a while back. Which is how I started planning my own stuff. I told dh that I wanted to go out to a certain club for my bday one year (they have all kinds of free goodies for bday people. Including no cover for the bday peson or anyone that mentioned it was your bday) NEway. I looked up the # and gave it to him about a month in advance. All he had to do was call the place and give them 10 names, date and time we would arrive. Needless to say anytime someone would call to get the details he would hand me the phone. During one of those conversations I realized that he hadn't even called the club yet and there was only a week left. SOOOO, I decided that if I wanted my bday to happen at said club I would have to do all the arranging. Which is what I did.
In his defense he is good about the small things. I had to drive back from Phoenix after being gone a week once, and as soon as I walked in the door he had a bubble bath waiting for me. And he never plans my bday celebration but runs out at last minute everytime (when he thinks I wont expect it) and buys my balloons and a card. I think it's cute now. I too would not trade him for the world. We are both the same kinda crazy and that is hard to find. OH YEAH!!! and btw, he is a fisherman. I think we are on to something.

**RX. As far as you not giving us your dw email. Thank goodness. Cause for that same reason I know that all of the dh's would have stories of their own. And I don't want you to have to hear what my hubby has to say. So on that note I am sure you are a sweetheart.
shey237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:12 PM   #14  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 283.5/278.5/215

Height: 6'3"

I am FINALLY going to be starting on January 1. I am so ready to get this weight off...I have been adding and adding and adding. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting/giving support! Here is to the New Year and New WEIGHTS!!!!
baglynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:09 PM   #15  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm on a posting kick tonight, so I thought I'd drop in here, too. I'm starting SBD tomorrow after a 4-month hiatus from giving a rat's patootie about much of anything. My 31st birthday was Tuesday, and I've spent the last few days thinking a lot about what I want for myself this next year.

It's good to be here. Not sure why it took me so long to decide to start posting!!
jetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote