Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 05:48 AM   #1  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Default Achievements!

As I mentioned in the motivation post, I've been off radar for a while and I found myself heavier than ever. Yeah, only 1lb heavier than my last high weight, but that meant I'd put on about 7lbs and I knew it wouldn't be long until I was finding myself in the 2-teens. I couldn't let that happen SO I decided to get back into eating healthfully but also to get moving.

This is the end of the first week of my new healthful me, I know it's only a week and the first few weeks are by far the easiest, but I'm still proud of my achievements. I've managed to start exercising again I've actually bumped my cardio up from 30 minutes to 45 minutes a day and as well as eating cleanly (minus a couple of slip ups) I feel really good about my efforts this week and they were rewarded by a 3lb loss.

I'm really proud, not of the number on the scale, but of my determination to start afresh and the fact I've fully gone through with it. 'It' being 30 minutes (now 45) of cardio a day, drinking 2l of water a day and not eating any junk food. Whenever I feel like I'm slipping, that I want to eat some junk or drink a glass of wine, or have that naughty coffee, or complain that I'm too tired or ill to work out I either come on here or a diet blog to have a read and get my healthy mojo back, or if I'm not near a computer I use one of the coping strategies I've picked up from you guys. You are the ones who help me the most because you've been there and done it and been kind enough to share your experiences with the rest of us and thanks to your success stories, I know I can be successful, whether for the rest of my life or a particular event or just a pms-y day. So, thankyou all for sharing

I'm really pleased with my achievements this week, I'm really hopeful that I will be able to keep it up for next week and even add to my list of weekly goals if I'm adventurous.

What have you ahcieved recently? Be it a scale victory, a sport victory, a clothes victory, a food victory or something/anything that makes you proud of the choices you've made and the habits you've formed.

I'd love to hear about any and all of them because hearing about your rises and falls is what helps me to get through my own
Old 10-27-2009, 07:33 AM   #2  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

First off, CONGRATS on the 3 lbs!! I know it's after a gain, but still, it's good to know you CAN take it off again. =D

Honestly I think my biggest achievement right now would have to be the fact that my size 18 pants are starting to fall off while I'm at work, and I seriously need to buy a belt, or see if a smaller pair of pants will fit me. I'm super excited, because later this evening I'll be going to buy another pair and a belt, and I'm going to TRY on a 16 and see how it goes. I doubt it will fit yet, but I can always hope =D

I say that right now that's my biggest achievement, because it really is. I got down to 207.0, and then shot all the way back up to 210.4 or something, and then got down to 207.5 and then shot up to 210.2, and then got down to 207.2 i believe and shot back up to 210.1....

I keep gaining and losing and gaining and losing and it's ABSOLUTELY and COMPLETELY FRUSTRATING!!!! Right now I'm sitting at 208....well as of this morning....so we'll see. If I can just get past the 200s I'll be SO freaking happy.

*crosses fingers* lol
Old 10-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #3  

Hey Divine,

I love it when clothes get loose. Even when you see the numbers going down it's often really hard to see it, but when your trousers start falling down you know you're doing something right!

Don't be too disheartened by the yo-yo on the scale. If you're doing all the right things the scale will follow, if you're not staying on track then you know what to do. Don't forget to be proud of the amazing acheivement already made with your weightloss!

And I'll challenge you on getting out of the 200's
Old 10-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Goin2bhealthy-Congratulations on your 3lb loss!

Divine - good going on your pants size going down!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 10-29-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hey ladies!

i've managed to exercise consistently since april. huge accomplishment for me!
can actually feel muscles...i guess i'm ripped underneath my poundage

feel your frustration at going up and down and over and over...just revisited pics from 2 years ago and almost cried...i was 3 pant sizes smaller and 20 kilos lighter (45 lbs) i just want to maintain. maybe this time in combination with the working out it really will be the lifestyle change i've been waiting for!!

kudos on your weightloss and loose pants (nuthin' better!)

janet
Old 11-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #6  

Wow Janet, that's amazing! I'm so happy for you. Exercise makes such a difference to your life doesn't it?

Don't get too caught up in the past though, you can't change it, you can't relive it, but you can change tomorrow and that's what you'll be living, so stay positive remember all the great things you've done instead of the things you haven't.

Your exercise achievement is what I aspire to and yes, lifestyle change, not diet. I'm sure it will work out for you, you sound like you're doing all the right things
Old 11-16-2009, 02:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

hooray for all of you!
i just lost a 5lb chunk that i had recently gained back.
now, back on track to my goal, but...hello holidays...
Old 11-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #8  

beerdrinker, congrats on your loss!

My achievement for the week is that I've been on track for a total of 8 days as of today and I'm really pleased that I've stuck to my plan AND exercised everyday for over a week now
Closed Thread