Old 10-31-2009, 03:28 PM   #1  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Default My Christmas Present to Myself ONDERLAND!

My Christmas Present to Myself ONDERLAND! Do you think I could lose 27.2 LBS. by December 31st? I have been off plan a couple of months and next exercising very much. I know the first few weeks back on plan I can lose alot. So what do you all think? Can it be done?
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/190/160

I definately think it can be done! I am also hoping to give myself the same gift for Christmas! I am a little lower than you are right now, but I know that if we work hard and really stick to plan we can get it done. Good luck!
IHeartMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

That's a bit over 3 lbs per week. If you lost a big chunk at first like most of us do when we first start out and than had very strict adherence I think you could do it! I think I'd wiggle in another week though and make it onederland in by the new year though so I could shoot for Christmas but have a bit of wiggle room
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:03 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

VickieLou, stick with your plan. No ifs ands or buts. Adhere to a sensible healthy diet, no veering. And though you may not lose 27.5 lbs, you'll lose a heckuva lot more then if you don't stick with it. You can make a HUGE amount of progress by then. Go for it! Really, really go for it! Astound yourself.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:09 AM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

That would be too much for *me* to comfortably loss, but I think you could make some significant headway, at least, toward that goal if you didn't actually hit it. I'm aiming for onederland by Christmas as well, so I'm cheering you on too!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:38 AM   #6  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

Realistically, it's probably too late in the game for me to get there; I've been at this for too long, and my continuing losses, while consistent and steady, aren't in the range they were when I started, but I'm living and working towards that goal anyway, because I want to get there eventually, right? No time like the present to work it. I think, as long as you don't drive yourself crazy with it, and keep in mind that to a certain degree, your body is going to do what it wants to do in its own sweet time, that ambitious goals are good. So even if you do technically miss hitting a particular number by a particular date, you are going to get good results if you work towards that goal, and moving yourself ever closer to it is a fantastic thing to do.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:54 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

The thing is to get those behaviors down pat. Learn and master those new healthy eating habits. Once you do that, the scale will follow.

So it's vital to FOCUS on eating well and exercising. Everyday. Not next week or tomorrow. Not when it's convenient. Each day. Every day. Each and every day is a day to improve your health and reverse the affects of prior poor eating habits. Each and every day we have the choice to eat well and exercise or NOT. Each day we have the choice to move closer to our goals or further. It's our choice. Always. Life is a lot shorter then we think. We should choose wisely. Very wisely. I mean, why not? Why wouldn't we choose to be slim, trim, fit and healthy?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #8  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I averaged out what I have lost over the last 5 months and it did come out to 3.5lbs a week - so it can be done! I am with ya!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

It can be done!!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:53 PM   #10  
wants that Louis Vuitton!

S/C/G: 300/203.4/170

Height: 5'5"

you can totally do it! And if you don't...don't let it get you down! Think how great it will feel to ring in the new year knowing it's the LAST new year you'll have over 200 lbs? I'm so looking forward to next year when I can say that! You go, girl!
StellarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:46 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

VickieLou - you there? How are you doing? Any thoughts to your responses?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM   #12  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Thank You all for your Responses. I got back on plan today. It's been a few months since I have been on plan. I just need to believe in Myself. I need to want the scale to go down, more than I want to overeat.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote