Old 11-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Wink Okay... confess me hearties...

How DID YOU DO on Halloween???

I did eat ONE chocolate bar last night. A teeny wonderbar. It was... not worth the 50 calories I also ate FAR too much meat/cheese crackers at my mothers house. Why? Because I didn't eat dinner (planned to eat there) and then we SAT AT THE TABLE where the food was! Now I didn't go over calories by too much... but I know better.

Today? no chocolate, no chips. 5 small Rolo type fruit candies. Ug. I counted them in my calories but once again ... not worth it.

So this week it's breaking the simple carb/sugar addiction again with STRICTNESS.

So how did YOU do?
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I didn't eat any candy or junk.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #3  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

I ate a couple of mini milky ways the night before, a couple of starburst the day of, a couple of mini milky ways the night of, and then we had a ton of kids so I ran out of candy which solved the "what do I do with the leftovers" issue for me.

I didn't do anything out of control, it didn't trigger anything for me (I was kinda surprised I wasn't fighting cravings afterwards), and I was within my calorie requirements for each day. I really consider the ability to eat a couple of starburst and stop, or two mini milky ways and stop, a real victory for me. I know a lot of people here feel that if you still eat stuff like that at all, ever, you are doing it wrong/you are not truly dedicated. However, I like those things and I enjoy eating them sparingly so I am glad I did it without incident.

Last edited by nooch; 11-01-2009 at 11:47 PM.
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #4  
wants that Louis Vuitton!

S/C/G: 300/203.4/170

Height: 5'5"

i did...ok. lol
I had saved 320 calories...I had one vodka/soda and kept snacking on spicy chex mix. I also had a handful of fat free kettle corn and one bite of chocolate/grapefruit tart. I think i stayed relatively close to my 320 calories and I didn't have ONE piece of chocolate! yay!
StellarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #5  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

Height: 5'8"

Not as bad as last year...lol. Still pretty bad though. Last year I always bought two stashes of candy, one to eat leading up to Halloween, and one to hand out. At least this year I only ate total 10 mini-candy bars over the course of 3 days, but I learned it wasn't worth it...I would have enjoyed one or two much more because they would have been REAL treats, instead of something I just shoved in my mouth without thinking about it.
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

None
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Hubby and I did better than we ever have. Trick-or-treating was from 5pm - 7pm.

At 7:25, we divided the remaining candy into ziploc bags and went reverse trick-or-treating to our friends' homes (those with kids), dropping off candy for each of the households.

We still have a small bag of candy for us, and I did use one of my carbohydrate exchanges to have a pomegranate tootsie pop (really good)
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #8  
A New Woman

S/C/G: 330/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I had a good breakfast, toasted PB+J english muffin sandwich.

then brussel sprouts...

then things went a little south:

2.5 muffins (a new Splenda recipe i was trying), a spritz cookie from my cousin and a reeces cup from my BFF.

Then we ate Pizza and breadsticks from Dominos and an energy drink before going to Knotts Scary Farm.

At Knotts i had a smoothie (not too bad )

then, after that i had a donut and a iced coffee from 7 11

I went a little less then 900 calories over my budget... but after walking for almost 5 hours, i don't feel bad about it.

id normally do A LOT worse, without all the walking...
HeyHeyGabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

My best estimate is that I went about 800 calories over budget. Yikes! I knew I was headed for trouble when I went to open the bag of candy at about 4 PM. I ate several pieces then, and then ate several more a little later....and several more a little later. So yeah, it wasn't pretty. But today was back on plan and I'm 46 calories under budget for today. I walked/jogged this morning and then again this evening for a total of about 3.5 miles. All in all, it wasn't great but it wasn't horrible, either.

I sent the rest of the candy with my son when he went to Youth Group tonight. So that's good--it's GONE.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #10  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

2 mini packs of mike and ikes...

and today at my 15k I had 3 mini snickers and later in the day a pack of pocky.

Not my finest weekend but could have been worse!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:52 AM   #11  
Reluctant Adult

I didn't have anything, but it's not really a challenge... I live very rural, so no trick or treaters to worry about (and hence no candy purchased). I always keep a $10 bill handy for the first intrepid kid who actually makes his way down my looonnnngggg, dark driveway through the trees and past the dogs, etc.... if he/she ever turns up, she deserves a bit more than a crappy piece of candy!!
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Non. Nada. Candy isn't my thing anyway. If I was on death row for my last meal I would ask for boiled pinto beans with fresh chopped onion on top with lots of catsup, and a huge piece of cornbread with butter, crumbled on top. One day I am going to eat that again. I just put it off one day at a time.

Last edited by Suezeeque; 11-02-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:03 AM   #13  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I did great on Halloween! No chocolate...nothing off plan.

....it was the night before that got me! haha. I drank a whole bottle of wine and drunkenly chose to eat those 6 mini snickers and twix! I worked out hard the next day though and surprisingly was down another pound. =)
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Did not go over my calories for the day, but did have a mini peppermint patty, 60 calories and 2gms fat, it was sooooo worth it. I made that candy last a good long time, enjoying every tiny bite.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

i had a mini dairy milk bubbly. it was 60 calories, and i had it built into my day. my husband hid the remaining trick or treat stuff and took it to work with him today. but in all honesty, i wasnt too tempted. i was just afraid i would pick at it while i waited for dinner to cook or something! i'm lucky that my son didnt go trick or treating this year cos he is too little. next year wont be so easy!
Bonnie+J is offline   Reply With Quote