Old 11-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Wink CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ November

You've found a great place to come and vent, share, or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring, and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #2  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ we awoke to some beautiful this blessed Sunday morn; did get some of the ***** stuff, but the bad weather held off for the kiddies (so my prayers were answered)!

We had 24 kiddies come to the door and we delivered a bag of the leftovers to some neighbours kids who were too sick to go treating; actually the whole family is down with a terrible flu; and Dad sure appreciated the gift! We really enjoyed ourselves seeing the kiddies and their costumes and talking to them too!

Hope you all have a Superbly Serene Sunday!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - happy November!

Gary - loved the pics and left a comment over there. Thanks for posting them, and congrats on the trophy

A beautiful crisp fall day here. Still a bit gray, but at least the rain and wind have stopped.

I hope to spend the afternoon cooking for the week ahead. I did get fabric to do the curtains in the upstairs bedroom too.

Oh, and I found a felted mitten pattern, so I think I will take a break from my latest sweater and make a pair of mittens. I'm thinking they will go fast, and if I like them, I could make a couple more pairs for Christmas gifts

Hope you all had a BLESSED Sunday
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Church was emptier than usual this morning (early service is usually pretty small) because several families were out with one or more family members having the flu.

I'm very excited though because apparently the church DOES have a choir, just not in the summer. A lot of things here shut down in the summer because it's so hot. So they will be starting up next week, and I think I'm going to do it.

Now I need to go check out these pictures... =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

We had a decent turnout for church today. Glad you have a choir IRIS..music really makes the service sometimes doesn't it?! Angie played bells at both services...we usually go for breakfast in between...the Sunday school hour is in between 8:00 and 10:30 services. Today we decided to go to Vicar's bible study class since Angie couldn't eat...way cool...glad we did...I learned so much just on the 4th Word of the Bible in Genesis...God! The Hebrew plural of it...wow...you can always learn can't you! Don't ask me to explain...lol....

I added some more pictures in the Trophy Wench thread... thanks for the replies gals!

Not much going on here today...but I have to eat in private...kidding...Angie is getting a colonoscopy and a endoscopy...going in both ends! So she is "cleansing"....jello and broth...that's not gonna do it for me...wink

My sister came over this afternnon and Angie worked with her on the yoga and relaxation stuff. She is doing about as well as she can I suppose...first batch of chemo done.

Well Ladies I will check in later...be good
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #6  
Rosebud

GARY ~ the pictures and costumes are great: not surprised you won a trophy at all! And, I just luv those girls --Reba and Riley, I mean; look at those smiles: precious ...

Oh, and prayers going up for ANGELA that the tests all go smoothly and good results too!

PRAYER REQUEST ~ I put a small request in the Prayer Warrior's thread for tomorrow AM (8:30 am) as I am having a top tooth removed at that time; would appreciate a small prayer that all goes and heals well. I almost forgot about it and just saw it on my calendar ... so thanks so much!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-01-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Gary, glad to hear that your sister and Angie can do this together and get the support that I know Angie gives her. Will pray that Aniges tests all come back with positive reports!!

My Aunt is doing Wonderful. Thanks for all the prayers! She had bought a little Yorkie about 3 weeks before she had her surgery and I'm so glad that she has him. She loves him (and he loves her too) and she has someone else to think about and take care of. She told me yesterday that she never really had lots of reason to hear her voice at home but now she talks to "Lil' Mt. Biggs" all the time!! He is 4 pounds of pure love for her! My Uncle passed away 10 years ago this month so she was alone. Now after having Mr. Biggs, she says she doesn't know how she ever managed without him! Makes me Happy!

Had my family, brother, sister and her husband, and my Aunt and Mr. Biggs over today for a big pot of beef stew and corn bread! Felt pretty good to have a family dinner. My older brother had to work an Open House today so I took him a bowl over this evening when he got home. Love being back with family!

Have a great evening and I'll check back in again soon.

Last edited by Karen31; 11-01-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Prayers for the trip to the dentist ROSEBUD...I had almost forgot! You will be fine.

So glad you can be back with your family KAREN...sounds like things have calmed down a bit with brother and sister?

Later GALS...
Old 11-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #9  
Rosebud

HELLO OUT THERE -- nobody came in here since yesterday!

Thanks for your prayers; had my tooth pulled today. Went to bed earlier; took awhile to get to sleep and got up early. Did manage to have my shower and partly dry my hair but lots of things tried to go wrong and I refused to notice. Finally on our way and we ran into a detour but we made it right on the dot -- 8:30 am. My meds didn't kick in until he was starting to pull my tooth out so next time I will remember to take them earlier as they help keep my tummy from flipping and worse ...

Unfortuneately the tooth broke so he had to drill and be quick before the meds wore off; the bleeding didn't stop til dinner but the slight pain seems to be subsiding. Other times, they all came out clean and had no pain at all; this time was a bit ruffer but was still OK and that's what really matters most. Should heal up nicely over the next week.

Picked up a few Christmas gifts today (4 to be exact); I am well on my way this year. Time to go put up my sore tired feet now. Take good care and hope to see some MIA's drop by this week ... ROSEBUD
Old 11-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Rosebud, glad that ordeal is over for you now. Sorry to hear that the tooth broke...I'm sure that didn't help matter at all. Just take it easy on YOU the next few days and give yourself time to heal. Sending prayers.

Gary, thanks for asking about the "brother/sister" deal. Things are a lot better... almost like nothing ever happened. My sister asked me tonight if I would like to play the accordion with her on the piano at their church some time. Gosh! I haven't picked up my accordion in about 4 years!! Guess I'd better see if I remember how to still play! I know it would take lots of practice before I want to get up in front of anyone to play. Will just wait and see how things work out.

Hello to everyone and will keep all in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by Karen31; 11-02-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #11  
Quit counting at 45!

Good morning everyone! DH is coming home today! I've been spending a lot of time at the hospital with him. Once he started feeling better he started getting bored. I have this week off work to help him at home so that'll be nice. No more driving to see him! Thanks for your prayers for him. He has a long recovery yet but the Dr. is very happy with what he's seeing.

Garry: I had to have a colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago. The prep is the worst part! Tell Angie she has my prayers. My test results were clear and I'll pray the same for her.

Rosebud: Sorry you had to have that tooth pulled. How are you doing today?

My eating habits have been terrible while DH was in the hospital. This week I plan to get cooking. He's craving home cooking and I am looking forward to him being home so that I can cook for him.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Hey everyone, just stopping in before heading to a conference in Minneapolis for the rest of the week. Blessings to all and I'll be back Friday! =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #13  
Rosebud

WILMA ~ great news; so glad he's doing well and you got time off to be with him for a week too.

IRIS ~ have a great trip ...

THANKS, KAREN ~ I sure do appreciate those prayers; took a tylenol before bed and that helped me fall asleep. It felt much better this AM and was able to eat well today.

THANKS, GARY ~ appreciate those prayers; hope the tests went OK for Angela too ...

Yesterday, I also picked up some fleece pants to wear with some long night shirts I have for the winter; gettin' loose on me so I was glad to see that I have gone down a size on the bottom. That's a good NSV I'll take.

We had an odd mix of and ***** today. A new bird has shown up to our feeders today (about a dozen); it's proper name is ROCK DOVE or sometimes called the common pigeon, but these ones are big and so pretty and friendly (not afraid of us at all). They are a nice smokey grey with white bands and metallic green & blue necks; and I managed to get some pics of them too. Will put them in when I have them ready.

Not sure what to have for dinner tonight; haven't made up my mind, but it will be healthy. Had leftover chicken soup made from last night's stew for lunch; good OP day today so far. Gee, it's getting dark out there already; now that our clocks are back, it is more noticeable.

Hope you all have a great evening; take good care now ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-03-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Angie is grading papers...we are waiting for Biggest Loser to come on...planning on dvr'ing the show V.

Thank you all for your prayers, Angie did fine with her tests yesterday and the results appear to be fine...she sees her doctor next week...they took a couple of biopsies in the colon but found no polyps. She really wanted to hear something...which she may yet...on the scope down the front...she has very bad acid reflux...was hoping to find a curable reason...nurses said they don't see anything abnormal from the test results.

We are planning on leaning more toward "vegetarian"...well Angie is and see how that works out for us. I have no problem with it as long as I can have meat every now and then.

Spent a big part of the day with my sister. She is doing pretty good...had a meltdown with tears over "looking like a freak"...all I could do was hug her and tell her no one else sees her that way....

I have read all your posts and will get back with some personals later...

Prayers ~ Gary
Old 11-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #15  
Rosebud

GARY ~ sending up prayers for ANNIE that she will come to know that GOD and JESUS always thought she was beautiful -- then and now!!! I remind myself that all the time when I look in the mirror and see how weight gain & loss has changed me; it is these kinds of experiences that really teach us what truly matters in this life and the next -- the beauty of the heart and soul is what really matters ...

I often wonder why it takes so much for us to finally learn what 'true love' is; what 'real love' is; and what 'pure love' is ... imagine loving us so much, that no matter what we have or haven't done, and for nothing in return -- you are willing to lay down your life -- to even die for me, and you ... just becuz ... now that is ... LOVE!