General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 137/137/115

Height: 5'

Default This time change is killer!

I've been up since about 4:30 a.m. It's only 3:45 and I'm ready for bed! Not sure I'll be able to make it till 9:00 p.m.! LOL

Maybe I'll take the dog for a walk and see if that wakes me up a bit! LOL
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I LOVE daylight savings in the fall because I'm naturally a morning person. I feel my best in the morning and enjoy getting up before first light. It felt great to wake up today at 5am (or what would've been 6 if the time hadn't changed). It was a lovely morning for walking albeit a little cold, and I had breakfast, exercise, and all my ironing done before 8am.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #3  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I agree it's a killer. It's always a strange day.

I feel like I've been up for hours.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

This time change is tougher for me than the one in the spring. In the spring, the time change brings about much longer evenings because it's light longer. Up until yesterday, it was still light outside when I got off work but that has all changed. Now I'll be waking up in the dark and getting off work in the dark. This is the hardest time of the year for me. It was worse when I worked in a basement; I could go for days without seeing the sun unless I made it a point to leave the office at noon.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 137/137/115

Height: 5'

Glad to see I'm not the only one having a rough time. LOL

I did take the dog out for a 30 minute walk. I do think a lot of my problem is being bored. I have a hard time staying home, just to stay home. Especially now that the kids are older. DD16 works now and DS13 usually has better things to do than hang out with mom. LOL

On a good note, DH bought a new motorcycle yesterday at an awesome price. Then this morning he was out hunting and got his first buck for this deer season. So we have some nice lean meat heading our way.
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #6  

Height: 5'11"

I had gone out for a little run this morning but didn't feel too successful (stupid asthma!). So just a little while ago, I decided that it was stupid to spend this beautiful autumn day inside. I filled out my ballot for Tuesday's election plus wrote out the one check that I still have to write each month, and then walked my little self and my mail down to the post office. The round-trip walk was only 20-25 minutes but it was really, really nice. I didn't wear my mp3 player so it was just me and the sounds of nature. I even walked through a bunch of crunchy fallen leaves on the way back. So I feel a little better, but I'm glad I went because the sun has just gone down....at 10 till 4 in the afternoon! Grrrrr!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #7  
one day at a time...

S/C/G: 264/264/180

Height: 64"

Time change kills me too. I am used to getting up for work early so I naturally wake up at 6:30am or so but I forgot to change the alarm clock in my room so when I woke up it said 6:30 I thought good now I can start the Laundry. Went down stairs and saw my cell phone and I thought what the heck. Then I realized the time changed so I was up at 5:30 which was kinda cool just hope I dont wake up early tomorrow!!
heidiruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

STUPID-STUPID me....

I set the clocks AHEAD one hour...knowing full well we were falling back...must have been the beer's fault...

anyway, I wake up and look at the clock...it's 5:12...cool...I get up and check for the paper...no paper...I come in and push my coffee button...go to turn on TV ans see that it says 3:24...I'm like WHAT?...I go to the other TV...then my cell phone...yep...3:24...

not a big deal for me...I am used to being up early....but...Angie is having a colonoscopy and an endoscopy tomorrow...can't eat for 24 hours...was going to eat breakfast this morning at the last minute...giving her the 24 hour cushion...

so there I am trying to sneak, in the dark, the 5:30 time back to 3:30....since she was getting up at 6:00 to eat....woke her up...

she just laughed and went back to sleep...

so I LOST an hour...or two...

but that's me!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #9  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Gary hope she gets on OK.

That prep for the colonoscopy is horrible. I had mine 3 weeks ago.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Yup, the time change throws me off, too. I loved that it was starting to get light out shortly after I woke up... but tonight when it's dark and I'm just leaving work, I'll be much less enthusiastic. Makes it so much less convenient to run... maybe I'll have to start getting up even earlier and running in the morning. Blah.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote