Old 10-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #1  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Talking Whoo Hoo 2 pounds!

I know that it is strange to be excited by losing 2 pounds but......... I am.

I have complained enough about my slow loss, so want to share a good week! Since I had lost only 2 pounds the first three weeks of Oct. combined, it gives me a monthly loss of 4 pounds, still low but better.

This week, I totally left off the grapes and counted each apple as 1.5 apple on the Daily Plate. My calorie average for the week was 1350/day. I change my early morning workout from Leslie Sansone's Express Mile (15 minutes) to her Fast Mile (20 minutes at a faster pace) that she says burns more fat. I added 10 to 15 minutes to my evening workout.

A week is not long enough to see if these changes really made the difference but at least I think that I am on the right track.

The first 50 pounds came off pretty easily but I think that I am really going to have to work for the second 50!

Last edited by time2lose; 10-30-2009 at 08:59 AM.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Awesome.. and hey 4 pounds is 4 pounds!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I'm so happy for you--congratulations!!! Thanks for the inspiration to not give up when the going gets tough.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Good for you!!! You are an inspiraton!

I think I'm like you-- the first fifty came off quickly but then everything ground to a halt.

It's good to see your tinkering working!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I am so excited and happy for you. You did it!!!

Quote:
I am really going to have to work for the second 50!
Now let me ask you, if you don't mind... Was it all THAT hard? You passed up on the grapes and added in some more physical activity. But look at you. Listen to this post of yours. You're THRILLED with the results. HARD WORK PAYS OFF!!! And really, when you think about it, it's not all that difficult, is it? And of course, it does get easier.

This "hard work" is what's necessary. What's required. So be it. Nothing worth while comes easy. There's a price for elevating yourself, for becoming BETTER. But there's a MUCH higher price for staying the same.

It all boils down to - choose your hard. "This" hard has unbelievable incredible benefits. Priceless.

Keep up the "hard" work. Just keep it up. Being open to more change and tweaking as need be.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Congrats, that is awesome!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I completely understand.. 2 lbs is a huge deal when you have already lost so much. I've been stuck at the same weight now for 10 days.. so 2 lbs is AWESOME!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:50 AM   #9  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Way to go Cheryl!!! That is awesome. What is really important here is instead of giving up, you tweaked your program and kept going. And look at the reults! You rock!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:24 PM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congratulations!!! 2 pounds is a big deal to those of us who are chopping away at 1/2 pound a week. And 50 total!!! You so totally rock!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #11  

Height: 5'11"

Two pounds is great! It might not sound like a lot by itself, but two pounds here and two pounds there really add up over time. Congrats!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:44 PM   #12  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Robin originally posted Now let me ask you, if you don't mind... Was it all THAT hard? You passed up on the grapes and added in some more physical activity. But look at you. Listen to this post of yours. You're THRILLED with the results. HARD WORK PAYS OFF!!! And really, when you think about it, it's not all that difficult, is it? And of course, it does get easier.

This "hard work" is what's necessary. What's required. So be it. Nothing worth while comes easy. There's a price for elevating yourself, for becoming BETTER. But there's a MUCH higher price for staying the same.

It all boils down to - choose your hard. "This" hard has unbelievable incredible benefits. Priceless.
Robin, I don't mind your questions. I have been thinking about it. Truthfully, right now, it does seem that hard. It is hard to walk away from the doughnuts and Halloween candy at the office. It is hard to wake up early to get a workout in before leaving for work. It is hard to figure out when to work in exercise between 2 jobs. It is hard to tell my husband that we can’t go to his favorite barbeque place because there is nothing on the menu that I can eat. It is hard to give up my evening snack so that I can lower my calories from 1500 to 1350. These things have been hard but, right now, the mental aspect of weight loss seems the hardest. Trying to figure out what I have been doing wrong when I thought that I was 100% on plan. Heck, I may even have been 100% on plan but my weight just had not dropped yet. I have a tendency to over think everything.

To not make this too much of a whine fest, I don’t expect it to be easy. You are right. Nothing worth while comes easy. Most worthwhile things are hard from time to time. I had some hard times when getting my degree. My job is hard at times. Marriage is hard at times and raising kids is certainly hard at times. For me the key is to remember “at times”. This too shall pass.

I have chosen my hard but think that it will get easier. I will figure out how to eat more on fewer calories. I will learn to love exercise, I pray. I will see enough results to be encouraged but in the meanwhile, while it seems hard, I will continue because I am committed and persistent. This forum is so helpful during the hard times. Seeing the successful people is encouraging. I really appreciate you, Robin, and all the other maintainers who stay around and show us that it can be done. Thank you!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:23 PM   #13  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

congrats on 2 lbs! Be excited about every pound. You worked hard to get every ounce off celebrate it girl It keeps the good mojo going when u celebrate every good thing.
srr728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:35 PM   #14  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Congrats!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
Robin, I don't mind your questions. I have been thinking about it. Truthfully, right now, it does seem that hard. It is hard to walk away from the doughnuts and Halloween candy at the office. It is hard to wake up early to get a workout in before leaving for work. It is hard to figure out when to work in exercise between 2 jobs. It is hard to tell my husband that we can’t go to his favorite barbeque place because there is nothing on the menu that I can eat. It is hard to give up my evening snack so that I can lower my calories from 1500 to 1350. These things have been hard but, right now, the mental aspect of weight loss seems the hardest. Trying to figure out what I have been doing wrong when I thought that I was 100% on plan. Heck, I may even have been 100% on plan but my weight just had not dropped yet. I have a tendency to over think everything.

To not make this too much of a whine fest, I don’t expect it to be easy. You are right. Nothing worth while comes easy. Most worthwhile things are hard from time to time. I had some hard times when getting my degree. My job is hard at times. Marriage is hard at times and raising kids is certainly hard at times. For me the key is to remember “at times”. This too shall pass.

I have chosen my hard but think that it will get easier. I will figure out how to eat more on fewer calories. I will learn to love exercise, I pray. I will see enough results to be encouraged but in the meanwhile, while it seems hard, I will continue because I am committed and persistent. This forum is so helpful during the hard times. Seeing the successful people is encouraging. I really appreciate you, Robin, and all the other maintainers who stay around and show us that it can be done. Thank you!

I know it's hard right now. I know. And I'm glad that you've decided to "choose your hard" and it's the one with the incredible benefits. The incredible knock your socks off, over the top, overwhelming, life-transforming, life-extending benefits. And I'm also glad that you know that it WILL get easier. Because I can assure you that it will. It really, really will. You will get this all down pat. Keep on recognizing and tweaking as need be. This will become your new normal. You won't want to go back. And you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Keep on remembering what you want the most. Keep on persevering. Keep on keepin' on.

I'm excited for you. There are such good things coming your way. I look forward to hearing of your continued success.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote