South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 06:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chatter

Big day today! It's Saturday, the last day of the month, Halloween, the night we change our clocks, November tomorrow and it's the day I bring the Halloween treats in from my car trunk! I hope I can handle the excitement.

Actually it'll be a great day as my dear friend Shirleyanne is coming from Ottawa for lunch with her daughter Andrea. I've known Shirl for over 50 years and Andrea since a half hour after she was born. I got my butt in gear yesterday and cooked lunch so just need to set the table this morning. I'm really looking forward to a relaxing day. The dogs will be in doggie heaven as Andrea is one of their favourite people. She is sort of a female Dog Whisperer and they adore her.

Now for another coffee and to figure out something appropriate for the centre of the table. I'm thinking baby pumpkins, crabapples and leaves.

Have a happy day. I hope Halloween brings back your inner child. Remember just the fun, not the candy!
Old 10-31-2009, 06:47 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Hi, Ruth. Sounds like a fun day ahead. Do you get alot of trick or treaters? Thanks for the reminder that candy is I'm going to try the dill green tomatoes. Thanks for the tip.

It's travel day here and the big storm has passed so it should be pretty stress free. We have lots of packing and cleaning and will hopefully leave by 2. Today is the last farmers market and I have a request from my Bro for chilis which will be shipped to Key West. Then the knitting store has it's once a year bag sale. Anything in the store that fits into your bag for $50. Last year I got $600 worth of yard for $85. I can't miss that.

I might get back here this morning but maybe not so I'll say hi to everyone else and wish everyone a great halloween weekend.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Ruth, your day sounds fun, and Debbie, your day sounds awfully busy! I hope both of you have a satisfying day.

It looks like the rain may hold off, and Monica is bringing Carley out so she can join her cousins for trick and treating. I'll make sure I get pictures of the three of them.

I did run out for a bag of lentils to make Beachgal's soup last night, so that will be our supper. It will go good after a day of raking leaves and mulching them for the garden.

Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:37 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

and.................
From ghoulies and ghosties. And long-leggedy beasties. And things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us! ...
Old 10-31-2009, 07:45 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We managed to get some much needed extra sleep this morning. Apparently the dark confused the cats Well, that and the closed doors to prevent them from running in circles.

Ruth - love that picture. Enjoy the visit

Debbie - Busy day! That sale sounds like fun. Happy hunting.

Cottage - Hope the rain stays away today and you get your raking done. I'm going to have to try that soup.

Just a normal weekend around here. The rain looks less ominous so maybe a little outdoor work. I think it will be an at home weekend with just chores, errands, and maybe a little relaxing and reading.

We don't get any trick or treaters so I've stopped buying candy "just in case we need it". Hope your day is more treats than tricks
Old 10-31-2009, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Chickies,

Ruth, Your day sounds fabulous! I'm a very good cook (if I do say so myself), but I am not a 'pretty' cook. I certainly don't think of such things as centerpieces. That is a talent!

Debbie, I bought a pickled concoction that was wonderful. It had quartered green cherry tomatoes, hot peppers, cabbage, and onions canned in a vinegar base. It's really delicious on cooked dry beans.

Cottage, You need to ask Santa for a leaf blower!

Me: I've been in a funk since Thursday. Yesterday, I went to a funeral that fit right in with my funky mood. I need to get out of it! Today should help. We have fun stuff planned. My husband's friends went to the beach this week deep sea fishing and caught redfish. We are invited to a 'grill-out' at their house today. The rain is supposed to be gone by noon. Keeping my fingers crossed! Tonight, I'm taking Auston trick-or-treating with his cousins. That will be fun.

I have a funny Auston story: Wednesday night, we went to Walmart to get his costume. On the way home he said, "Mom, if I throw up on this costume, you need to get some Oxyclean" (BTW, he was NOT sick.) I asked why we needed Oxyclean. He said, very dramatically, "Because IT gets the TOUGH stains OUT!"

Last edited by Chelby29; 10-31-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:04 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Lordy, Lordy, has it been a week here!
I was at school on Thursday morning getting ready for kids to come in when my best friend called me very upset. Told me "Dad's gone...all his ribs are broken" I said "I'm on my way, just got to get a sub. Will be there as soon as one gets here". Ran to the office and they got me someone quickly. I called my friend as I was leaving the parking lot and he was on his way to the hospital. I assumed his Dad had died in a fall and had broken his ribs and they were bringing the body to the hospital.

Come to find out later, he had not died (the dr. had called my friend to and told him he was "gone" but what he meant was that he wasn't "coming back".). He had collapsed at the doctor's office the day before and they broke his ribs doing CPR. They kept reviving him at the hospital all night. My friend has Mesothelioma and had to go home to get his meds when the dr. called him to say his Dad was "gone". I met him at the hospital and we stayed in the "family room" for several more hours and his Dad did die right before noon. They decided not to keep reviving him, it was just cruel, but the meds they had given him were more or less keeping him alive and they had to go through his system before he could "go".

Like I say, you never know what the day will bring. I had no idea when I left home for the gym that day what would come along. Will have to take off work on Monday for the funeral. On an interesting note, when the priest came in to do last rites, I got kind of tickled. He had on a t shirt and shorts and sandals. Guess he just ran out when he got the call to come to the hospital. I found out afterwards that he is Paula Deen's brother in law. I knew he was a priest around here, but had never met him before.

I'm so sorry my friend lost his Dad. He was almost 85, had diabetes, heart disease etc etc. Just one more reason that we should be thankful to have found the beach. My friend had to take care of his Dad along with his own health issues. I don't want my kids to have to do the same for me. I want to be healthy till I drop from "old and ugly".

Hmm, Chelby, sounds like you might have a little pitchman on your hands! I hear that oxyclean may have an opening for one....You are going to need to get him a big bowl of water and a lot of stained clothes so he can practice swirling out the stains! (that is just too cute what he said!) Maybe he can be Billy Mays for Halloween. I hear that his son has a contest going on for the best Billy Mays costume..no kidding
Hope everyone has a great weekend. It's kind of rainy and cold here this morning, but is supposed to clear up later. No trick or treaters around here, so I could avoid buying candy. Got my kids at school some Halloween Play-Doh and puzzles and told them "see, you can have fun without sugar" and they agreed. I have to do powerpoints and grade papers and post grades today and clean the house. Tomorrow I have to go to school to help put recipe books together. We all donated recipes and are selling cookbooks for relay for life. Then the wake is tomorrow night. Busy weekend as usual.

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-31-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:11 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Sigh. If you're blue and you don't know where to go to why don't you go where fashion sits......

PUTTIN ON THE RIIIIIIITTTTZZZZZZZZ

Have an ear worm. It's my Halloween gift to you all. It was on the radio yesterday and I had finally gotten rid of it and now this morning, Young Frankenstein is on. Gonna be weeks now. Doo doo doo... doodoo doodoo... doo doo doo doo.... doodoo doodoo.... doo doo doo doooo...... PUTTIN ON THE RIIIIIIITTTTTZZZZZZZ!!!!!!

Ok so my official last day of October WI = 116. That makes me very happy and I feel I am ready (before I kill someone) to move on to Ph2. I have to go to the store today anyway because I'm out of almost everything except 1 last serving of fake meatloaf. That and some veggies for lunch, and I'll go to the store this afternoon.

Time to lay down and snuggle into the couch and sing along during this classic Mel Brooks movie. Have a great day girls!

Lisa
Old 10-31-2009, 09:27 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Ruth that is a cute picture, have fun with your friends today.

Debbie sounds like you have a super busy day- be safe going over the hill.

Cottage have fun tonight and be sure to post a pic.

Cyndi hope you get your chores and you get to relax today.

Chelby hope the rain holds out enjoy your grill day and trick or treating tonight.

Cat that is sad- I will have you and your friend in my prayers as well.

Lisa- don't you hate worms lol have a good day today.

Well yesterday the rain finally stopped but not in time for the parade but they did parade through the classrooms and the party was fun. Then we went to Belleville for safe trick or treating in downtown, it was a lot of fun. Today have to DD1 to her Ortho appt, then going to College football game and then taking DD2 Trick or treating and then at 12:30 a.m. I have to run to work for time change so I will probably not be on here tomorrow as I shall be sleeping.

Have a great weekend
Old 10-31-2009, 10:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

My son is so obnoxious! I'm in the computer room. He's with his dad in the kitchen. He just informed his dad, "I can count backwards! 100, 99, 98, 97...." He's in the 30s now. I'm so glad he's not talking to me!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:36 AM   #11  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

femmecreole,

My husband and I serve two churches, he is finishing his Ph.D. and I am finishing seminary.

On Friday and Saturday (our (cough) "days off") I dread hearing my husband's cell phone ring. Sometimes we're an hour or more away from home...sometimes the whole family goes to the hospital...(an argument for unmarried priests!)

but I've always figured, if you want your minister there, you want your minister there as quickly as possible and you don't care what your minister looks like.

When my husband's church member's son mangled himself in a drunk driving incident in the middle of the night, I don't think she minded that my husband showed up unshaved in yesterday's clothes 10 minutes after he got the call (just in time to take her hand as they called time of death). Imagine if he had showered and shaved and showed up a half hour later...

Today I have to pick up a fax from church, and we are going to pack a picnic dinner and take the doggies (two weimaraners) to a park in the next town over and walk for two hours (I think trick-or-treating is obnoxious and it drives the doggies nuts and I don't want the candy anyway but husband thinks it's antisocial not to pass out candy, so we have to go out of town to go for a walk, whatever). I'm starting those horrible PMSy TOM days and so I'm becoming very OCD about the scale... grrr...
Old 10-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My house smells like Autumn. I have soup simmering on the stove, 4 loaves of pumpkin bread in the oven, and a loaf of 9-grain bread baking in the bread machine. It's been misting all day and the leaves are too soggy to deal with, so Jake just blew off the driveway and sidewalks, and is now dozing in front of the fire on the sunporch. That actually sounds like a good idea, but I know as soon as I get comfy, someone will call or the kids will show up.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:17 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I just successfully went through everything in the garage and divided into sections: Keeping, Garbage, and Salvation Army. Then I came in and boxed up DVD's and CD's. Crap it's later than I thought! Need to have some lunch, get cleaned up, and head to the store. Then heading over to Chris' at 3:30.

Have a great afternoon!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:55 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone it is 3:51 a.m. and I am tired. We should be closing up the command center by 4:30 a.m. so I can drive home and crawl in bed. I am so tired.

Yesterday was fun and busy, fit everything in, took DD2 to a Halloween parade, she liked but afters was like aren't we going trick or treating now??? hmmm can you say no. Didn't really get my nap in as DD1 had about 10 teenagers over watching scary movies and then were all screaming throughout the movie, but I told DD she could invite them before I found out I had to come in to work.

Have a great Sunday everyone see you on Monday.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:06 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. I think the time changed last night but my computer and the website are still on DST?

Yesterday was a complete "fun" day with Shirleyanne and Andrea here for lunch and then Claire and Doug here to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show. We took turns answering the door for the wee ones but closed up at 7:30 since there did not seem to be any action.

Today I have Church and then some friends are coming over mid-afternoon for a burial of Hershey and Lucy's ashes - finally! I've had the hole dug in the yard since the lads did the addition excavation and it's about time to just close the chapter. We'll have tea and/or wine and share silly doggie stories. I've really been putting this off too long but today's the day. They were really good dogs so an All Saint's Day ceremony is really appropriate.

Happy new month!
Closed Thread