Old 10-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: T.G.I.F. 10/30

Mornin' all!

I have been totally M.I.A.

What have I missed???

As for why I've been M.I.A. - stupid french classes...crazy busy at work and french homework on top of everything else!

My DH has been away for a week now and doesn't come back until next Thursday. I miss him but at the same time I am LOVING the fact that it's quiet in my house when I want it to be quiet.

However, I have been eating crap b/c I've been so busy and constantly on the go...I don't have to cook for anyone else...I've been eating late (8pm due to my classes) and I've had enough Lipton chicken noodle soup and chinese food to sink the Titanic! I've only ordered a single Chinese plate twice, but still.

I'm also coming down with a cold b/c I've been so stressed this past week and a half...so that doesn't help. I wanted to relax this weekend...go to the gym...etc...but we'll see how I feel...so far I only have a sore throat and I'm drinking lots of water, taking Vit. C and echinacea. I'm also eating fruit etc...to get more Vit. C.

The only good of all this is that I've been walking my dog almost everyday...except the 2 nights I have french class, which has been good...just wish the weather wasn't so dreary.

Okay...vent.over.

I want to know what's been up with everyone and I wanted to say HAPPY FRIDAY!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #2  

Hey Wifey!

It's been a ghost town around here lately.

My DD had her sinus surgery last week. Was worse than what they thought. She still has headaches, not sure if it was effective for her not.

Tonight is Fall Festival at school...*groan*.. I have to stay and help. Yuck.. at the end of the day I just want to go home. The best part is I am working the dunking booth, not in it but taking tickets, so if I feel like it I can just walk up and push the plunger and down the poor unsuspected person in the booth goes! LOL

Someone made homemade peanut butter fudge and brought it in today. I was called to a classroom and was expected to dive in like I normally do. I took two pieces but have them wrapped up and in my pocket book. I am taking them home to hubby. I have not eat sugar since Sunday and I am not about to start now. There are also tons of candy floating around here, cookies, homemade bake goods... OHHH LORD.... help me get through the day without caving in.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Wifey! I missed you girl!! Glad to hear you are having a nice time with your DH being gone and enjoying your French class. Are you taking that to advance your career or as recreation?

Squeak - so sorry that DD is still having trouble. Poor little girl! Good for you for not eating the sugar. I find that when I start I can't stop.

And TGIF to all!!

I got up and walked this morning. Baby slept from about 2am to 6 when my alarm went off. The hours from 11-2 were dicey at best, but I was so grateful to get that straight 4 hours I didn't mind getting up to walk. I jogged a little, but didn't push to hard. My heart rate monitor said I burned 275 calories. Yay!

Today is the last of the Fall Break. It's been rather nice only having the one baby to care for, but I sure miss the income (I don't charge for days they aren't here - that always drove me NUTS when I had kids in Daycare). Tomorrow I'm going to my Mom's to clean her house again. She had a mini-breakdown on Wednesday and is in bad shape physically still. Her doctors keep shoving different, new, and miracle pills down her throat instead of advocating and PRESCRIBING exercise for her fibromyalgia.

Anyway - I'm going to try to rest today. Last month when I went and helped her I was absolutely wrecked the next day. Hopefully, she will be in better spirits if her house is clean - I know it helps me.

Last edited by mortonpixie; 10-30-2009 at 10:02 AM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Beth - your poor DD...I hope they figure out something about the headaches soon!

Mortonpixie - thanks! I'm actually really hating my french class right now **long story.** I'm taking it to advance my career and I'm doing it on my own time...just find that it's taking up a LOT of my time...only 5 more weeks to go though...THANK GAWD!

Ghost town huh...hmmmmmmm...c'est la vie!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #5  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

It's TOM and Halloween -- and that isn't a good thing

I'm down a pound and ready to leave for Vegas. I'm thinking that I'll just weigh myself the week AFTER I get back to avoid water weight depression.

I'm off! Have an AWESOME day, everyone!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #6  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

I'm with Rebound, I'm having the perfect storm right now...full moon, TOM, and candy everywhere....holy cow my resistance is futile.

I dressed up for work today. One other person did although I did tell everyone to dress up. I guess next year I'll make it a rule, lol! Tonight my son and I are making sugar cookies shaped like witches on brooms, pumpkins, black cats and haunted houses to give to his school buddies when they come trick or treating at our house. I love frosting cookies when you have tons of colors and lots of decorations. It'll take us all night and we are going to watch Frankenthumb and Igor. Sometimes I wish I had more then one kid, but then I remember how hard it is to find clean socks just for one in the morning before school and I realize I'm probably good with just the one.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #7  

Mort- I have fibromyalgia as well as my mother. They (drs) tried me on all those meds too, it only made me feel worse. What helped me was learning what I could and couldn't do. Wake up and do yoga/exercise/walk, etc... NOT-- wait until I have been up for a few hours- YES .I actually stopped taking all that jazz, it tore my stomach up. My mother swears by taking Lyrica. Me, I'd rather not take meds if I can help it. I find that I need to stay active without over doing it and that helps me better than anything else.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote