South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 05:33 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday Chat

Good morning - and the darn dogs send greetings too! Jazz decided 4:30 was a good time to wake me up. He's now curled up on the couch, resting from his labours!

I hope all the headaches and feeling crappies are gone from those who were suffering yesterday and that everyone is feeling disgustingly healthy this morning.

My Fair meeting was cancelled last night because so many folk are sick and couldn't make it. I now have way too much cheese and grapes in the house. The cheese will keep but I guess I'll freeze the grapes. Maybe I can dry them and make my own raisins!

Today, after gym, is an "'at home" day which is a good thing. My dear friend Shirleyanne and her DD are coming for lunch tomorrow and I'd love to get my new "studio" set up for inspection. I've decided to use the room for quilting only and do "other" sewing upstairs - if I ever get back to other sewing! It's a good thing I have more than one machine.

What's happening chez-toi today?
Old 10-30-2009, 06:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

good morning!

dear ruth- i can relate to rude "pet-induced" awakenings. lil boo tazer does everything she can from dropping plants to dancing on my face-albeit purring all the while. when i finally get up WAY too early she curls up in a wee self-satisfied ball. so proud of herself! i bet her and jazz would get along fine

also hope friday has wipedout all the ickies from yesterday- sun is shining bright and all that *grin*

moi: my man is gone for the weekend to work on an installation& i am feeling a little blue. time for biggest loser&some serious exercise to get endorphines pumpin'!

happy freydag everyone!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies.
My ickies are gone from yesterday. My hunny comes home today so I'm just floating today.
I know what yall are talking about with the pets waking you. My Lil' Bit layed on my chest with her paw on my face until I woke up and then when I got up curled up on my pillow. The other two just walked back and forth on the bed. Such brats! I'll be glad when he gets home, they can walk on him. LOL

have a terrific day everyone.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

No furbaby awakenings for me, but I was wide awake when Jake got up, and decided I may as well get up, too.

I'm glad you're feeling well, Ruth, and hope you are all recuperated from your illness, jandaman. And I'm hoping everyone else is doing well on this last Friday in October.

I have off today, but I promised Audrey & Maggie that I'd go over to their school to watch their Halloween parade this morning, and visit their classrooms afterwards. Later this afternoon, I'm going to go over to my grandson's daycare in time to watch his parade and stay for his party. He's only 2, and this is his first "real" Halloween. I"ll have to remember my camera!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:47 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Well, we did it - it's Friday! I'll be looking for the Facebook Chicks by 5:30

Ruth - What is it with animals and early wake-ups? The cats do that then sleep all day. I want to go wake them up just out of spite.
A quilting room sounds lovely. Enjoy your at home day.

Jan- It's good to see you back. Hope this means all the germs have finally decided to go bother someone else.

Fluff - I know you will have a good weekend.

Cottage - Enjoy all the parades. Bet the little ones from downstairs will visit our office too. That's always fun.

Nothing exciting on tap today. Just getting the desk cleaned up and counting down the hours The sun will be out and it will be a good day for a walk. Maybe I'll get a full hour in today if things are quiet.

It's always nice to make it through another work week
Old 10-30-2009, 07:25 AM   #6  

Counting down the hours indeed- 7 to go.
Did the tan last night and i'm all ready to see the boy, but I tried out a new one and it hasn't come off my hands properly- they look like Donatella Versace's face. Hmm. Not really my week is it? Off at lunch to buy some nail polish remover to soak my hands in- or maybe some mittens.

OH! And some peppermint tea!

Feeling much better after my temper tantrum day yesterday, luckily. No headache to speak of when I woke up this morning, so maybe I had just stressed myself out with all the beautification preperation... who knows.

Wishing you all a frightfully fast Friday...
Old 10-30-2009, 07:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!

Ruth - I am lucky...my new pup sleeps through the night. She was whining at 6:30, but my husband was there and didn't let her out (his back is out, so I'm sure her tugging on him would hurt). Otherwise, she's awesome! The kids have been waking us up instead of the dog.

Janda - glad you're feeling better. Exercise definately helps with the blues, it's just convincing yourself to do it!

Silly - glad you're feeling better too! Enjoy time with your honey!!

Cottage - they're so cute at 2 with the halloween! Get great pictures!!

Cyndi - Hmmm...wonder if my husband would notice me missing around 5:30? You don't get an answer til next week, right? (I haven't read all the threads..)

Me - the new pup has been delightful! We've had her two weeks, and we're about to FINALLY give her a name. Poppy just wasn't sticking, and my husband hates it. I really wanted Lola (thanks, Barry Manilow), but he dislikes that as well, so I believe we're going with Myrtle (moaning myrtle, anyone?).

I have eaten horribly (by my standards...pretty good compared to people around me!), and have not gone on a run in 9 days, BUT, I figure I've walked her 12-15 miles in the last week! ANd mostly at a 4 mph pace. So, I'm getting decent exercise with her. SHe's too young to take running, and I feel guilty when she's been in a crate, so I go even when I don't want to (late, late, late).

I'm reading most of the threads, but haven't taken the time to write. Glad you all are doing well/feeling better! Have a great weekend!

Meelsie - LOL...that's why I haven't gotten myself to use a tanner...I could certainly use one!!

Jelly Bean - I like the new pic!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-30-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning everybody. Yawnerz.

Ruthie - My mom always complains that the dogs get her up in the wee hours of the morning. With Oscar and Sophie though, I've learned that if you pretend to still be sleeping, they stop asking "Sumptin ta EAT? Gotta go OUT? Who wants a TREAT? Time to get UP? Go for a WALK? Ride in the CAR?" and finally go "...... no?" and lay their heads back down. It seems that they have my mom trained.

Jan - Glad the sun is shining where you are! Enjoy your day!!!!

Fluffy - Glad your ickiepoohs are gone! Sounds like you're stoked about seeing your hunny! Have fun!

Cottage - Enjoy your day with the grandkiddos!

Cyndi - I will be there in spirit. No wine yet. I've been STRICT!!!! Enjoy the nice day!

Meelsie - Hope you enjoy your peppermint tea!

Twynn - Myrtle? And you can call her Myrt or Myrtie. Aw. What a cute name!

As for me, I'd like to reiterate that the Better Than Real Meatloaf was VERY good for fake meatloaf! I look forward to having leftovers today and tomorrow (I made 3 servings out of it instead of 4.) Going to the store tomorrow probably to get stuff to make the Cooking Light Broccoli Cheese Soup. Yummo!

It appears that the sun may come out in time for Halloween, not that I'm doing anything really. Chris' daughter doesn't even want to go trick or treating. Instead she wants to dress up and pass out candy to the kids. Hopefully I'll get to see her this weekend. Ice Age 3 came out. Don't know if she's seen it yet but I haven't and LOVE Scrat!

My allergies are still present but not awful. Chris, however, has been miserable. I think he's just stuffy today, so hopefully he's starting to kick them. I was worried about him last night because he got off work at 2:30 and was gonna take a nap, so I waited to text him until like 6. Tried checking in with him a couple of times before I went to bed, and heard nothing. I was like..... uuuum..... text me when you get these so I know you're ok? Got a text back at like 11:40. He fell asleep around 6 and just got up. Then he went back to sleep and got like 11 hours total. Hopefully he's better today!

So yeah, I'm a little heart-broken lately. It seems that once my life is finally going ok (love life = good, work life = good) then my friends are the ones that have problems. My friends Kurt and Misty have been trying for years to have kids, and IVF didn't stick, and apparently the doc says it probably never will and they can't have kids. My friends Josh and Jeannette got married in August, and now they find out that Josh has cancer in his lymph nodes. He's 34. Then another couple that got married in August (been together like 13 years) are splitting up because he's been having 3 online affairs. Then yesterday I got this wave of anxiety that I get when Molly has something going on. Turns out I was right. Her husband is going in for an MRI today.

YAAAARRRGGGHHH. I mean, I thank God for my blessings and that Chris and I are fine, and I love my job, but the only one of them I haven't cried about yet is Molly's husband because I'm waiting to find out what the MRI says. My heart is just breaking for all these people I care about, and I naturally want to FIX it and make everything better but I can't! So if you think of it, maybe toss up a group prayer for Lisa's Friends, or send good vibrations and happy juju in their directions?

Welllll, better get moving. Hope you chicks all have a fabulous OP day!

Lisa
Old 10-30-2009, 08:40 AM   #9  

Weezle that's terrible news. Sending some good vibes in your friends directions. I know exactly what you mean by one thing going well, the other suffering. Unfortunately I think that's life and it SUCKS sometimes. My cousin had cancer in her lymph nodes- is it Hodgkins Lymphoma? If so it is a very treatable cancer, which I suppose is the good news.
Your friend who's husband is having the online affairs is better off without him, for one- so it's good news she found out at this stage and put a stop to any further heartache that might be down the road.
Will your friends that have tried IVF think of adopting?

Twynn- so weird that you say that, I thought of a really good dogs name yesterday (too much time on my hands, obviously) but i've completely forgotten it now. I'm usually pretty good with tans but this one was a new one and STUCK! ugh. If you're interested in getting a tan i'd reccomend getting your first with a beautician (not a spray) to watch how they apply it on you and get some pointers. It's less scary that way. I've been tanning every week for nearly 4 years now (addicted) so I know my stuff!
Old 10-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Sorry no time for personals right now will try to post later. Another rainy day here, I am hoping it stops by 1 p.m. for DD2 Halloween parade, if not will just be the party at school. I am wfh and getting off at 1 p.m. to attend those events.

Weezle my thoughts and prayers are with all of your friends.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Wow!!! What a morning we've had here at the beach....seems like everyone has been stopping by to chat or at least say hi. I'm glad to hear that everyone is getting healthier and feeling pretty upbeat, with the exception of your friends, Lisa, who are having some serious medical issues. I will put them in my heart and send good vibes their direction.

I've been busy here. I had a phone call late last night from an attorney who is willing to represent the tenants in their quest for a "responsible pet policy" in our little "community". After our conversation, my brain clicked into gear as to a plan which I am very hopeful would be a successful way to unite landlords and tenants. I've been emailing all morning and have a meeting with the attorney later.

We are still going to take our "family" over the hill this weekend, but I'm going to the pool before I get into any of the monumentous details of that.

Have a great OP day everyone!!! You are all such great friends! I'm honored
Old 10-30-2009, 10:35 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm really hoping to post this weekend!
Quickies
Weez Your pals are in my prayers love. . .Love is good but good doesn't mean easy!
I had a scale and non scale Victory!
I've met my Oct goal of 4 lbs!
AND Best of all I'm wearing pants that have Never fit since I got them!
on that note Back into the breach!
Kierie
Old 10-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #13  

Lisa - I'll say a prayer for your friends.

I'm a bit grumpy today. I tried to convince Robert to pick up Brian from the house from now on (divorce decree says the house or a mutually agreeable location). We've been meeting at a nearby parking lot but he was 16 minutes late last time and I'm tired of waiting for him. Brian would have more fun waiting at the house than in a car but Robert said he won't get within 500 feet of the house even though the restraining order is gone. He tried to say I needed a new watch but I was going by cell phone time on my cell phone and Brian's cell phone so I know I was accurate. He was willing to miss his visit unless I agreed to the parking lot so I guess I'm stuck with it.

He wouldn't even talk on the phone to me but at least he did send me an IM. I'm hoping he'll reply via email to the ones I sent him about changes to November visitation so Brian could go on his scout trips and change in health care expenses for next year. A few other things are stressing me but I'm sure they will work out one way or another.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Ugh well I've officially cheated. I HAD to though, I was so hungry. I forgot my morning snack and my tummy was rumbling so I had some honey roasted almonds. Better than candy, but still, I'm not pleased with myself. I needed something to hold me off til lunchtime though. I'll just have my morning snack this afternoon and not have any pistachios today. Extra veggies tonight and lots of water.

Thanks for the prayers and good karma wishes for my friends, chickiedoos. I'm not super sure what's going to happen with any of them but I'll keep you posted as soon as I find out!!!!!

Lisa
Old 10-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #15  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

if you had to cheat...hooney roasted almonds are pretty good. I've eaten those too. did you get them out of a machine or from a gas station?
Closed Thread