Old 10-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #1  

Default Question to all bugg, GWF, sensewear folks

Hi all, I just stumbled onto 3FC and love the forum! Every post and person has been so informative and helpful....i am hoping to become a part of your community.

That being said, I am looking into all of the above systems trying to figure out which one is for me. Can anyone tell me if the web-based portion is accessible from a smart phone (specifically a blackberry)? I was thinking it would be a deal sealer if I could enter food info "on-the-fly" from my phone.

Can anyone speak to differences in the data entry/analysis portion of the three styles of monitor? Thanks in advance. All information is greatly appreciated.
clintonville7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #2  
Body Bugg user

S/C/G: 263/160/140

Height: 5'3.25

Hi.

I use BB and there is no Blackberry/iPhone etc mobile app for it (people frequently request one on their forums).

I really think data entry wise BB and GWF are very close and GWF is a little less $ (and you can set what intensity to count -METs), not sure about their reports or whatever though.

I really like my BB but would get a GWF if I were looking to purchase such a device.

I bet others will give you some more detailed info.

Good luck!
Gretchenpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

:Welcome: to 3FC

here are the 2 threads thatmay help answer your questions
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...-together.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ether-2-a.html

I have a BB but have no experiance with the others but find it easy to use,,,good luck and join us on the other thread!
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'7.25"

I went through the same thing a couple months ago and ultimately it didn't make sense to spend more on the body bugg when the software is the same and the Go WearFit has a few more features (mainly I like the "set your met" targets but so many people are in love with the sleep function). Unless you are working out at 24 hour fitness and want your trainer to have admin control there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to pay more money.

Either way, I love my GWF.
dangerousfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #5  

Thanks all for the quick responses and excellent info. I also feel like it makes no sense to pay more $ for a near identical product. The data part had me stumped though...it seems like the manufacturer is being rather covert about what you get in terms of an online program. It seems like the GWF will be my choice. I am really excited about the device/program. It just makes so much sense to me. Being able to have something in hand that can reliably tell me calories in and out is going to be fantastic! I will check out the suggested threads and I will come hang out with you other gadget heads to learn all you know and offer up my support while receiving yours. Thanks again!
clintonville7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #6  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Also, Sensewear users are being transferred to GWF software so I would not go with the SW. I talked to the GWF people recently and it sounds like there should be a beefed up food log in the near future. Can't wait.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #7  

I think the nutritional element is really important. I also can't wait until a beefed up version as you say. Hopefully this happens before Thanksgiving so I can get myself on track before the holidays kick in.
JimmySmithfield is offline   Reply With Quote