Old 10-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #1  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Default I have my first weigh in tonight!!

How long does it take for your body to hit ketosis??? I am worried when I go in I will be way off because I had crackers yesterday. (ate some because I was so ill)!

Anyway, I hope I have lost something this past 4 days. I am hoping it is fat and not all just water. But I imagine it starts out mostly water in the beginning.

Wish me luck!!!

Last edited by LaRee mother of 3; 10-27-2009 at 01:25 PM.
LaRee mother of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #2  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default I am never in ketosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRee mother of 3 View Post
How long does it take for your body to hit ketosis??? I am worried when I go in I will be way off because I had crackers yesterday. (ate some because I was so ill)!

Anyway, I hope I have lost something this past 4 days. I am hoping it is fat and not all just water. But I imagine it starts out mostly water in the beginning.

Wish me luck!!!

Since I began in August, I have never been ketosis. It just isn't a factor as far as I can tell. In two months, I am down 34 lbs, so it just isn't worth the concern. If it does look like a problem, you learn a little bit more about what you can allow and what not to do. It is one big learning game!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #3  

Thanks for the info! Good for you on your loss!!! I hope to be as successful as you are! I bet you feel like a new person! You are on your way to a much newer and healthier less of you!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Default That's the plan!

Quote:
Thanks for the info! Good for you on your loss!!! I hope to be as successful as you are! I bet you feel like a new person! You are on your way to a much newer and healthier less of you!

Thanks, that's the plan. Long way to go though. You don't have so far to go. Good luck with your weigh-in this evening!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #5  

Not much less...the center said 145 would be a good number for me. I honestly would like to be down to 130 as you are shooting for. We should be weight loss buddies!! We have about the same amount to loose! The only thing I can think of is I am a 37 year old woman who has had 3 c-sections and a full hysterectomy. My counselor told me that would be a good weight for me at 145. She is probably right but 130 sounds so much better!! I will hit the 145 and go from there.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/191.5/130

Height: 5' 0''

Quote:

Wish me luck!!!
It takes about 72 hours for your body to go into ketosis. I feel ketosis is important because it lets you know that your body is burning fat for fuel instead of carbs. I have been on plan 3 weeks and have been in high ketosis since my first weigh in. I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. My best advice for you is to stick to the plan and DO NOT CHEAT. The closer you stick to plan to more weight you will lose. And you probably will only lose water weight at first weigh in, but that is a good thing. I felt and looked alot less bloated and people noticed immediately. Good luck with weigh in!
changes4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #7  
Where did I go??

S/C/G: 240.5/230/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Wish me luck!!!
Good luck at your weigh in tonight. Usually the first 6-8 lbs of weight loss is water but it prepares your body for the fat loss. Also, you can be in mild ketosis (which does not really register on ketone sticks) and still be in a fat loss losing state. I agree with Joy that ketosis is really not something I consider a factor. I am more concerned with following the plan and doing it right! As long as I am loosing weight, I am pleased. And, so far so good!

You will do great! Keep up the good work!!
keirasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #8  
Where did I go??

S/C/G: 240.5/230/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by changes4me View Post
It takes about 72 hours for your body to go into ketosis. I feel ketosis is important because it lets you know that your body is burning fat for fuel instead of carbs. I have been on plan 3 weeks and have been in high ketosis since my first weigh in. I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. My best advice for you is to stick to the plan and DO NOT CHEAT. The closer you stick to plan to more weight you will lose. And you probably will only lose water weight at first weigh in, but that is a good thing. I felt and looked alot less bloated and people noticed immediately. Good luck with weigh in!
I agree with you as well Changes! It is important for your body to burning fat for fuel. Great job on the 10 lbs in 3 weeks! I agree with sticking to the plan and NOT CHEATING. We paid the money for a reason, we are changing our eating habits for a reason, let's not have that all go to waste.
keirasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #9  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Default we're just all wired a little differently

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting -- I have rarely gone off program, but just don't get into ketosis. My center gave me the impression that they don't see very many that actually are in ketosis. So go figure. I wish I could see it on a stick cause it would be uplifting! I just have to chalk it up to that we're all different!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 203/191.5/130

Height: 5' 0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
Interesting -- I have rarely gone off program, but just don't get into ketosis. My center gave me the impression that they don't see very many that actually are in ketosis. So go figure. I wish I could see it on a stick cause it would be uplifting! I just have to chalk it up to that we're all different!
Yes you are definitely right about everyone being different! I figured I was staying in ketosis because I have not gone off plan 1 time and I am super super strict and have been since preconditioning. I only drink water and do not have extras such as diet soda, splenda and what not. It does make me feel better to see it on the stick too.
changes4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #11  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Default more on ketosis

Quote:
Yes you are definitely right about everyone being different! I figured I was staying in ketosis because I have not gone off plan 1 time and I am super super strict and have been since preconditioning. I only drink water and do not have extras such as diet soda, splenda and what not. It does make me feel better to see it on the stick too.
One thing they did tell me is that if you are well hydrated (and I am) that can cause you not to register a ketosis reading either. And I have also been told that being well hydrated is more important than any ketosis reading, so I just guess if it happens, it happens. In the meantime, I keep losing, so I just don't choose to stress. All the best to you all. --Joy 2 Me & U
Old 10-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/136/140

Height: 5'5"

I asked about Ketosis at my center. I started program back in Sept. I have registered trace upto large. When I asked about it I was told you do not have to register at all to be losing fat, but if you stay in the large or extra large they will need to change program for you. That is where they don't want you to be for any length of time. I bounce around all over but I have never cheated OP.
changes4me, Way to go on being very strict!! We only get out of this what we put into it.
LaRee mother of 3, It is so hard to get started but you can do it. It is a choice you make. Hang in there it gets better! The first couple of weeks are the hardest but once you see the weight going down you want to keep going.
Good luck tonight at WI.
dance4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #13  

ok, first I should be happy...I lost 2 pounds since I weighed in last Friday and I did not start on program until Sunday...so I guess that is ok. I don't really know if that is good or not but I will take it. But on the down side...I thought I started my weigh in at the center at 201...I was wrong it was 203.5...so I was so sure that I would be under 200 today...no such luck. Maybe by Saturday? Tomorrow is going to be a tough one. I have to make 7 dozen cup cakes for a party Friday at church. I so love cake batter....have to be strong so I can hit that under 200 mark Saturday!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #14  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Quote:
ok, first I should be happy...I lost 2 pounds since I weighed in last Friday and I did not start on program until Sunday...so I guess that is ok. I don't really know if that is good or not but I will take it. But on the down side...I thought I started my weigh in at the center at 201...I was wrong it was 203.5...so I was so sure that I would be under 200 today...no such luck. Maybe by Saturday? Tomorrow is going to be a tough one. I have to make 7 dozen cup cakes for a party Friday at church. I so love cake batter....have to be strong so I can hit that under 200 mark Saturday!!!
awwwwwwwwwwwwe. I was thinking about you and wanted to see how it went. that is sort of a bummer that you didn't begin where you thought. at least that is all exposed now. now, just stay clear of that cake batter and you are on your way! --Joy2MeNu
Old 10-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/136/140

Height: 5'5"

LaRee mother of 3, Congrats on your 2lb loss!
Cupcakes are really going to be a challenge. I had to make brownies for my church last night and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done not to taste the batter. I just kept telling myself those raw eggs can really make a person sick. I did it and I know you can too!
dance4ever is offline   Reply With Quote