Old 10-26-2009, 02:48 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default 100 lb Accountability 26 October - 1 November

Do you need accountability? A place to post your menu or your plan for the day? Please post here. Everyone is welcome.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:49 AM   #2  
Nicole

Hi lovelies,

Yep, that's November in the thead title - is anyone else shocked to see that?

Well, Wellington was awesome. I got quite a lot of walking done and Wellington's a very hilly city - I've heard Americans describe it as very similar to San Francisco, to give you an idea - so that's got to be a plus. And then there was the wine and food. Yeah, not sure I did enough walking to nullify the effects of that! Still, we had an awesome time and it's back to work tomorrow.

I got back last night and it was a public holiday here today, so I've just relaxed and sorted a few things out here. Went to the gym this morning and the cardio workout was challenging! Not sure whether it was due to the weekend, but it really didn't feel like I was working as hard as I usually do. Having said that, every little bit has to be a good thing, right? I was hoping to see yummy trainer to say goodbye since today was his last day officially, but not to be. Well, he's got my email address so hopefully he'll send me an email at some stage. If not - well, that's life.

So tomorrow, it's back to work. I love long weekends, but I hate short weeks - less time to do the same amount of work. Here's hoping it's quiet, but I'm certainly not putting the house on it.

Beverly, I'm pleased everything went well for your mother!

Dgramie, wish I could say the same about eating! One of these days...

MJ, I'm sorry about your knee. At least you know and know that there's a definite end in sight. What sort of wait list are you looking at before you have the operation?

Lottie, good luck with the interview! How did it all go?

Becky, sounds like you're rocking the exercise!

Mary, your menu sounds so yummy! I love broccoli soup!

Diane, I think it does take a bit of time to get yourself back into a routine after a break.

Rae, how lovely to see you here! And yummy trainer worked me hard. Meanie that he is!

Suzeque, I agree that it's easy to make excuses not to exercise. What's worked for me is making it part of my routine. I exercise first thing in the morning - up, get dressed, have breakfast and am out the door. Otherwise I procrastinate and come up with all kinds of excuses not to exercise. 90 miles is a heck of a long way to travel, though. Is there nowhere closer for you? With the time involved in travelling there not to mention the cost of fuel, it could get easy to just not exercise...

Aubrylin, welcome! Great to have you here!

Take care everyone!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:44 AM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

nicolen, I posted a OT: I GOT THE JOB thread the other day. so, yeah....I got the job!

today: 1500

b: banana bread weight control oatmeal with one medium banana
l: cold noodles with warm seitan and peanut sauce
s: dunno yet
d: garlic pasta with zucchini and onions
s: dunno yet
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends! No, I didnt drop off the face of the earth. I've been taking a sabbatical from 3FC and dieting to get my head on straight. Things in life seemed to be going down hill.....kids fighting more, mouthing off and being disrespectul, Hubby and I spatting too much, house a mess, finances a mess. I realized that I had been concentrating too much on the physical aspect of my life and totally neglecting the spiritual side. My faith has been the center of my life since I was 10, but I had let it slip away. We finally decided to buckle down and find a church home. We did find an awesome church that the whole family loves. We've been attending for 6 weeks now. Slowly, I'm starting to get my life back together. I'm finding that concentrating on my spiritual life seems to bring everything else back in line, including my food addiction. Now, I'm ready to tackle this again.

Anyways, I do apologize for not being here for everyone. But, I'm here now and will stick around.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I'm now done with vacations and such. No more excuses, so I hit the gym this morning. It was good to be back. I think hunting and all that walking/hiking helped. I felt pretty strong. I did gain a pound back last week after losing the 5 while hunting. I thought that might happen, but now I want to go back to losing. I made a good, healthy lunch and breakfast was good too. Now, I just need to remain focused. Ha!

Rhonda: Good to see you. Glad you're back and things are going well for you.

Lottie: Congrats on the job.

Nicolen: Hard to believe it is so close to November. Where did the year go?

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:34 AM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning everyone! I hope you all had a nice weekend. I did, but it went too fast.

nicolen--sounds like you had a great weekend away! Yes, every bit helps!!! I hope yummy trainer e-mails you!!!!

lottie--AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!! I knew you would get it!!!!

Rhonda--I am so sorry to hear that things were getting rough, but SO happy to hear that you are turning it around. Congratulations. No need to apologize. You have to take care of yourself and your family first. I'm glad you are back!

As for me, I have no idea what kind of timeframe we are looking at for the surgery. I am going to call the drs office and talk to my surgeons secretary. I spent a lot of time looking into the details of the surgery (even found a great support forum...similiar to 3FC, but for knee/hip surgery). Hopefully I will know more after talking with her, or at least who I should direct all of my questions to....

I did write down my "Plan" and posted it on the refrigerator. I was explaining it to dh last night and he liked the idea. So far, one day OP! YIPPEE!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:14 AM   #7  
Nicole

It's just after 8pm here and I'm watching the most brilliant sunset. I really do love this time of the year when the days are getting longer and longer. Kind of makes up for winter when we only get 7 1/2 hours sun a day and that's during the hours I work.

Anyway, quiet sort of day today. I didn't go to the gym because it was absolutely bucketing down first thing - got to the end of the drive and asked myself what I was doing. I missed it too. Not sure whether to go tomorrow morning to make up for things or leave it be. I'll probably leave it be, but I'll see how I feel on the day.

The groceries have arrived and I've accidentally ordered too many tomatoes. So there may have to be tomato soup at some stage in the next few days. Yum!

Lottie, yay for the new job! Have a carrot! Have 2 carrots!

Rhonda, it's always fantastic to see you. It sounds like you've had a fairly difficult few weeks, and I'm sorry to hear that. Just check in as it suits you, and if there's ever anything we can do, please do let us know.

Diane, go you! Awesome stuff!

MJ, here's hoping the surgery happens sooner rather than later.

Have fun everyone!
Old 10-27-2009, 06:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends - I am having lower back and right hip pain. It's been hard to sit at my desk. I am suppose to leave tomorrow for storytelling and a visit with my grandson. Please send your healing vibes or prayers.

Have a GREAT op week.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Just popping in to say hello to everyone.

I have been struggling with a lot emotionally and just not managing different aspects as well as I would like. My eating is part of that. I am down another pound which I consider a miracle in itself. It seems to be I yo-yo the same 2 lbs back and forth. A lot of that is water fluctuation I am sure, but I have not been as commited as I should be either to my weight. No binging though so that is good.

Anyway the first aspect of trying to do a better job I think for me is to come back and if not post atleast to read a bit on the forum so it keeps me a bit more focused on what I am eating.

Beverlyjoy ~ I am sending healing vibes and best wishes for your pain and a great visit with your grandson !!!!

Nicolen~ I love tomatoes, soup sounds delish. When I have extra tomatoes from the garden I love to do fresh salsa or tomato pie. I do confess though I did not make pie this year because I didn't want to have the extra calories.

mj5 ~ hope you get some good news soon about the surgery , and the website sounds like a good support group which will be very helpful !!!

lottie ~ congrats on the job!!!! I will have to look for your thread and read about it.

slashnl~ best wishes for getting back on track. hope you had a great vacation!!

GirlyGirlSebas ~ one day at a time and best of luck !!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #10  
mj5

Good Morning everyone!!! It's a gorgeous fall day here! I forgot to mention yesterday....I was able to change my ticker...1lb down! YIPPEE!!!

Diane--Good for you for getting focused!

nicolen--That sunset sounds beautiful! Mmm, tomato soup!

Beverlyjoy--Oh no! Feel better!!!! Have a great trip!

jab--There you are! I was wondering what was up w/ you. So sorry to hear that you have been struggling. We are here for you!!!

Two OP days behind me...today WILL be 3! Plan for tonight is arms/shoulders and cardio.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:37 AM   #11  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Day 2 of being back on track and focused. I'm happy. I went to spin class, so that was good. I didn't enjoy the routine too much, but it was still a good workout. She did the same thing over and over to different songs. I like a lot more variety than that. If I have time to think too much then either I think about how hard it is or my mind wanders to work/kids/whatever and I don't get the focus I want. But, at least it was a workout. Food was very good for being on plan yesterday. You know, when you force yourself to write it down (or type it in on the computer), you really think about what you're eating.

MJ: Congrats on the pound! Love moving tickers downward!

Jab: I hope things are getting better for you. You have a lot on your plate, emotionally, and I know it must be rough. Hang in there! Keep posting! We love to hear from you.

Beverly: Darn pain! I hope you feel better soon!

Nicolen: We're going the other way... the days are so short now. We have a time change coming up, moving the clocks back an hour, but then it is even worse at night for being so dark so early. Sigh.

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #12  

Good-morning everyone!

I'm still hanging around here on the fringes. I've been reading everyday, but still not getting myself in gear. I haven't even gotten on the scale yet, too see how bad it is. But I have a doctor appt. tomorrow morning, so I guess that will let me know where I'm starting. I haven't been there in 3 1/2 years, simply because I don't want to get on the scale! Pathetic isn't it? But my weight was good last time I was, and I hate to see the difference. Not to mention its the ob/gyn so not my favorite doctor anyway. I know he is going to send me for a mammogram as I have since hit the dreaded 40!

I just wanted to quickly post and say Hi, and hopefully give myself some accountibility. Now have to get ready and run my son to the ped. office, for an appt. Because last night as I was helping the kids make carmel apples, using the fondue pot, and I had the pan lifted up to help my other ds scape it out and finish up. He decided to touch the hot plate part of it! I asked him why!! His answer, "I don't know, I just wanted to see what it felt like!" All 5 fingers on his left hand are now blistered. Gotta love that 6 yr. old logic!

Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by aubrylin; 10-27-2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: typos
aubrylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #13  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

well today is my first day at the new job. I leave here at 1110 to catch the bus for the 45 mins bus ride followed by a 10 min walk to get there. what a hassle. hehe.

oh well, I figure once I get there for today I'll eat a veggie delight, bring a lean cuisine for me for later in the evening and have cold noodles and warm seitan and peanut sauce when I get home for dinner.

no room/time for snacks today really!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #14  
mj5

Hi everyone! Just popping in quick...I have had several back to back meetings today. We did squeeze in lunch out and I am SO proud of myself! I ordered VERY healthy--grilled chicked w/ lots of lettuce and tomato--no mayo and salad instead of fries w/ light Italian dressing--just a little. My friend was SHOCKED! She still ordered super unhealthy and actually asked me if I was "ever going to eat like a normal person again" Ummm....I am! She laughed and said that it wasn't exactly what she meant....I told her that I wasn't swearing off french fries forever, but I was really making an effort to eat healthier, exercise, etc. She said that she wants to do that too. Who knows, maybe we can support each other. She is going w/ me to the conference at the resort next week and I told that I plan on working out, so she better plan on bringing workout clothes too!

Last edited by mj5; 10-28-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #15  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Well, I freaked out a little. I was doing well, I tracked all of my food and attempted my exercise plan and actually gained weight that week... another week or so of discouragement and I gained a little more, a total of 6lbs. It goes on sooo easily. I don't even recall eating anything too alarming, perhaps it was just an anomaly or simply water weight. At any rate, I've started back up again. I'll start over as many times as I have to.

Perhaps I was just eating too many calories. I've tried a few different calculators and they have gone as high as 2,500. I'm going to try 2,000 this week and see what happens. If not, then I may decrease it some more.

My mom bought me Wii Fit Plus, a pedometer, and The Beck Diet Solution book for my birthday, it just arrived in the mail today. I've never used a pedometer before but I've wanted one for awhile now so this is great!

I feel like I am never getting past this step. Anyway, thanks for reading. If anyone understands how I feel I know it's you ladies.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote