Old 10-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #1  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Default Friends and Losers October 26-November 1

OK, seriously, I'm the lamest poster here - and it's up to ME to start the thread this week? Come ON!

OK, it's go time, time to face the music, have a "come to Jesus" talk with myself.... time to get on TRACK - this is getting ridiculous. I need to stop pretending to change my eating and actually change them this time. I feel like C*&#, hate how everything fits, and I'm tired all the time! If that isn't a wakeup call that I need to do something, what is? So, here it is - I am comitting to losing 5lbs. That's all for now, just 5 lbs. Then when I get there, I'll add on the next goal. There - I typed it, it is now set.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Go Kim go!!!!

Nicole- WTF?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #3  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
OK, seriously, I'm the lamest poster here - and it's up to ME to start the thread this week? Come ON!

OK, it's go time, time to face the music, have a "come to Jesus" talk with myself.... time to get on TRACK - this is getting ridiculous. I need to stop pretending to change my eating and actually change them this time. I feel like C*&#, hate how everything fits, and I'm tired all the time! If that isn't a wakeup call that I need to do something, what is? So, here it is - I am comitting to losing 5lbs. That's all for now, just 5 lbs. Then when I get there, I'll add on the next goal. There - I typed it, it is now set.
I like the idea of a mini goal.I think that might be just the ticket to get going again.Good luck.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Go Kim go!!!!

Nicole- WTF?
Ok, I am an a$$. I have been super busy fixing up my basement rec room. I painted it, Scott put down some new carpet, and I have been trying to clean small parts of the rest of the basement flylady style. I have also been a slacker.....havne't worked out since THURSDAY!!! This is very bad for me.........but I will, will, will, work out tomorrow. I am also having a love affair with icecream, but I promise to stop. So, that's WTF, my dear friend Katie. Thank you for calling me out.....and I will be good. I will, I will.

And Kim.......ROCK ON SISTER!!!!! I am with you. I am, I am. 5 lbs. I can do that. but, I have to wait till Monday to start. My dear friend and cousin is coming to visit me on Wed, and she is my eating buddy big time. She is also doing the Shred, so we will be working out, and maybe we won't be hoggin down, but no promises. She hasn't been here in two plus years...so we'll see. But come monday morning, I am in. You and I and Katie.....we've been at this for a long a$$ time.....it's time to get this party started.

Ok, have to get to bed.......sleep is important. Love you girls!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #5  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Kim you are so right. I have been so focused on loosing large amounts of weight I am going to concentrate on trying to loose 5lbs before 1-1-2010. If I loose more great if not I will do better after the holidays. We can call the 5 pound holiday Challenge. Try to keep ourselves somewhat accountable during theses next few months, which for me and my family are basically eating season. So Kim the pressure is on us both!!!

Yesterday I ate everything not nailed down then realized TOM is on his way early this month, Not do I retain water I also feel the need to eat anything with any trace of sugar in it. So today my goal is to steer clear of the chocolate. Except the Hot Chocolate I already drank because it is so freakin cold this morning.

I have actually been cold since last night. My 11 year old had a play off game and it was cold and rained but he won and he threw the pass that scored the winning touch down now they play in the Superbowl on Halloween. I am happy he is doing so weell, but ready for it to be over with.

Nicole- Enjoy your time with your friend/cousin. I am jumping back on the shred wagon today!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #7  
Kim - IP 9/10

Nicole - at least you and Katie got into onederland once! How was it? Were the colors brighter then? LOL. GLad to hear you didn't get buried under a pile of stuff in the basement - sounds like you have been really busy.

Amy - football season always seems to pass so quickly for me, but I'm not sitting in the stands freezing my A$$ off. I just had a conversation with a co worker who has a son that played football for Union College - she told me stories of sitting in the stands with a blanket on her lap and having to stand up to shake 1" of snow off of her periodically. No thanks! I feel for you, lol.

OK, after my rant, yesterday was good. POP, and I even had to go to class and did not have any diet soda during it. small victories, my friends... small victories.... I want to start working out, but I am having some serious back issues right now, although walking makes it feel better so maybe I'll walk a bit on the treadmill tonight.

Gotta go earn my keep!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #8  

Height: 5'6

Ok lets see..I started the 30 day Active challenge on Wednesday...I have now completed 4 of the 20 workouts....# 5 is tonight! I had hidden my scale away but hopped on yesterday and nearly fell off....I gained A LOT in a short time...hopefully it's not all "real" This Friday is my official weigh and measure so we will see how that goes...I do feel my hips tightening up from working out so that is a plus! So now I got the exercise going I gotta get food on track and I should see some progress!
Anyway, I am super busy at work so that is all! Hope everyone has a great day!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 171/167/135

Height: 5'5"

I need some advice about exercising - when do adjust your program for exercise? I walked the dog yesterday for 45 minutes and burned about 300 calories.... today I ran for 48 minutes and burned 600 calories. I love running and it helps me clear my head - so I end up logging about 15 miles a week right now. My issues unfortunately are related to my eating habits. I am 5'5" and about 40 lbs from my goal weight - should I just stick with the gold plan? Would love to hear from some BTDT!

Kristen was the exercise challenge thru the center or a gym? It sounds great.

I need to get a food diary going... it is the only thing which helps with my accountability.

Sniff, sniff ... I miss football!
henrygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #10  
Kim - IP 9/10

Michelle - the center used to say that if you were exercising more than 5 hours per week you should move up a plan (so for you it would be purple), but some here just added in another 1/2 protein on workout days. I would suggest seeing how you feel and how your body reacts - you may not need to change plans.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #11  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Kim- I am totally into the 5 pound goal! Actually I have been sick with a cold the past 7 days so maybe I have already lost a few......
My appetite is pretty low. I had a grapefruit for breakfast today and a piece of toast with peanut butter for lunch. Now I am drinking tea. I really hate it when I can't taste anything but maybe it will be to my advantage for now.
I will weigth myself tomorrow morning and see what I am at.....aghhhh the dreaded scale!
I am really busy at work this week so I will catch up on other personals another time.

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:40 PM   #12  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, I did it.....I shredded...and it was hard, but I did it. I hope it is the weather and not the workout (which I doubt), that is making my knees hurt sooooooo bad. All night last night and all day today, just on fire. I had a hard time falling asleep last night even. I just can't have arthritis, I just can't.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 171/167/135

Height: 5'5"

Nicole - ouch on the knees! Make sure you are stretching out your hip flexers really well. Tight hips can cause your quads to pull your knees out of alignment. Also, get some glucosamine - it has really help both my husband and myself. Rest them as needed, but don't give up on the exercise! Keep up the good movin'!

Thanks for the info about exercising and 1/2 protein tip! I am ready to give this a try again - I know the program works, but I wasn't exercising when I did it before.
henrygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/179/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, new here, just checking out the latest posts....can relate to losing the baby weight for the last time...have done that three times to date but of course no more, cos now when i feel like snacking i just come online and check out everyone else. Love it.

Anyway, don't have anything really related to your topic, you just sound like a cool bunch.

And I don't know if I can do the five pound challenge, would have to work it out in kilos...which I am not very good at as I calculated my weight at 180 to begin on here, and I found a switch on my scales. I am actually 186.5 pounds. Great, behind before I start. Do those ticker things actually go up??
Hope not!
angelfoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #15  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all.
DH left this morning and will be gone for 6wks. and then will be back for a few weeks and then gone for another week or so. then back for a few months, then gone for 12 months. ugh.

still been getting in my workouts 5 days a week. and staying on my plan.
hope everyone has a good day.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote