Old 10-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Monday 10/26

Morning Chicks and Roosters! How was your weekend?

I didn't see a weekend thread - we must have all been busy as usual. I took our kids to my Mom's Friday night. Saturday I picked up the monthly bulk haul and regular groceries. Ugh - fall and winter is so hard on produce prices. I tell DH that it's health insurance. What do you guys spend on groceries? We spend about $125 - 150/wk and that includes diapers, paper products, etc. We feed 2 adults and 4 kids - no pets - 2 daycare kids. I can't afford organic, but do buy whole wheat or whole grain everything, and tons of fruits and veggies.

I managed to get my bread maker to work again! I made a loaf of Honey Flax bread that is really good with smoked turkey, sprouts and some avacado...yum! I don't miss the chips with the sandwich if the sandwich is good.

Today is a day off from our daycare kids. Public school is out, so my teacher mommies are home with their LO's. I'm already set up playing Monopoly with my 11 yr old. The kids always ask to play board games with us and we are always to busy - today I'm making time! The dishes and laundry will wait.

No meal plan yet today - but I have a freezer full of meat and a fridge full of veggies! I WiLL get my workout in today - despite the "day off" I will get my workout in.

Happy Monday!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all.

Mort- I spend roughly $100-150 per week for a family of three. I feed 2 dogs and 3 cats on that. I also buy extra for our church's food pantry. I do buy organic when possible. And I don't buy beef because we raise our own. I use coupons when I can and when something is on sale that we use I stock up. This week I got some great deals on the swanson chicken breast and I had coupons for the Kelloggs fiber one bars. I ended up with 8 of each! lol

I am having cabbage with turkey kielbasa for lunch and a large salad with grilled chicken for dinner. I am trying to be good and snacking on celery with natural peanut butter but I am having a hard time with it. Call me crazy but I'd much rather have a bag of chips and a candy bar! LOL

Workout today at 4pm. Going back to that bootcamp class. Praying she takes it easy on us. I missed last Weds because of DD's surgery. It's been a whole week since I've been, probably will be sore tomorrow. No pain no gain, right??

Ya';ll have a great day!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #3  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Well, I'm back at work this week...less exciting then it sounds. I had a week off, that ended up being a week and a half because I had a fever thursday and friday of last week. I was miserable. I'm back to my old self now though. I've been doing cardio at the gym regularly and eating okay....not great...but okay. This week I hope to get to great eating though.
MP, I spend about $75 a week on groceries to feed 1 adult, 1 kid, a dog and a cat and sometimes a wayward sister. I don't really pay attention to prices since everything is expensive here anyways. sometimes I use coupons if its for products we normally use, but I don't buy things just because they are on sale, I suffer from brand loyalty...lol.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies!
Nothing really exciting to add, but I did buy Jillian Michaels book Master Your Metablolism over the weekend! I read it on my train ride to and from work and on lunch. So far so good! I also want to get her other book, Making The Cut.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote