Old 10-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #1  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Default Body Pump

I know, it seems as though all I do lately is post about different exercise classes. But there's a reason behind it, I promise.

My PT (aka The Nicest Sadist On The Planet) is ill, poor lamb Has been since Friday, so we've missed two sessions so far (I've told him I'm seeing him on Friday this week even if it means he's dropping snot all over the floor). He's told me to make sure I do some cardio today, else because I'm drowning in papers to mark here I won't get anything else in.

Ok, he said cardio. But I cycle everywhere and that's enough cardio with the winds up here. I'd like to do something that at least has some weights in it too.

So...there's a Body Pump class this evening at the gym. Should I go? Will it be too hard for me? Does anyone else here do Body Pump?
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #2  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

not done it personally but know many who have, very popular and will certainly make you sweat, of course you should go no reason i can think of for you not to. as for it being to hard? any time you do any new exercise its going to be hard but you wont know until you try it. go on you might like it

Last edited by slimmingsi; 10-26-2009 at 08:45 AM.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think I did a body pump class quite a few years ago. If it is what I'm thinking, it shouldn't be too hard, even if you do have no weight experience. Adjust your weights to your need and you should be fine.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

I love bodypump. If its your first class, use light weights and watch your form. Check the website for the moves and weight recommendations. The music is awesome too. And don't be worried that you can't do it. Everyone can do it. I started it at nearly 300lbs!
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #5  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I too LOVE BodyPump. Choose lighter plates for your bar, or talk to the instructor beforehand about what to grab. Be prepared for a lot of squats! Good luck.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 284 / 284 / 200

Height: 5'7"

Body Pump at my gym kicks my a$$. As others said, be sure to use lower weights (or none - just lift the bar) so that you don't tire out too quickly in your first class. I found that the squats/lunges were by far the hardest part for me; the upper body moves were kind of like a break. Everyone is different though. If you go, come back and let us know what you think!
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #7  

i just did BodyPump and i soo love iT, it was my first class also
sweetchic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #8  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 248/231.4/150

Height: 5"1'

Ok Salsa..GO and tell us what it was all about. I am eager to hear if I need to find one at my gym

Thanks for sharing!
bythenumbers is offline   Reply With Quote