Old 10-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Default I don't want to start another year chubby.....

Hi everyone- I am new to this group (not to 3FC) I turned 29 this year and found that I have more in common with 30 somethings then with college co-eds.

That said I really want to make weight-loss work this year. I am so tired of making new years resolutions to lose weight year after year. I am worried that it will be extra difficult to lose weight during the holiday season, but I am committed to make it work. Anyone else trying to take it off before 2010?

Ella
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #2  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Hello and welcome to the 30-something area. We wear big girl panties here, you know, the ones with all the material where it is supposed to be...just kidding! I've been thinking about the impending new year also, and all the people that will innundate the gym for the first two weeks. I think I'm actually going to make a resolution now, since Halloween is my new year, to buy an elliptical for home use before then so I can avoid the crowds.

But good on you for thinking ahead and deciding to make your new year not the start of something but the goal. That takes a totally different perspective. And, you'll beat those post new year gym crowds.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/175/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm totally with you on losing weight before 2010 rings in! I got a late start, but I found that telling yourself that you will start dieting in January only leads to more pigging out than usual during the holidays and makes losing weight all that much harder. I figure if I start seeing results in October/November, it will keep me motivated through December!

First holiday challenge so far - Halloween candy at the office!! It seems every time I turn a corner, someone has candy corn and/or some form of chocolate on their desk...I let myself have 2 pieces of candy corn (my weakness!) a day.

I just stumbled upon 3FC this month, but so far have found it to be a great tool to keep myself motivated. Especially when I get home late from work and want to crash on the couch instead of hitting the treadmill.
macu130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236.5 (pg)/209/150

Height: 5'9"

I totally agree that saying you will start in Januray is a bad idea- it just gives us license to go nuts during the holidays!!

I will not be able to be "thin" by 2010, but I will be less than where I am now!! I am hoping to have lost 30 pounds by then. Wish me luck!!!!
fattybobatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

I just turned 30 myself. And I am totally with you in this! I am not waiting until January. I want to reach a weight loss goal by January 2010!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:29 PM   #6  
Running Babe

It's so easy for me to procrastinate a start date. I have had a huge WL before, but gained a lot due to pregnancy and anxiety/depression. Anyway, my food will be back on track tomorrow. I would be scared to weight until after Christmas to start!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/145/125

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone!

I'm in the same boat. I want to start 2010 under 140, once and for all! I'm a little worried about the upcoming holiday season, mainly because I will be spending about two weeks at my mother's house, which is a horrible place for me food-wise. I'm working on developing some habits now (journaling, eating at regular intervals) that will help me cope while I'm there.
bodyisatemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 168/161/145

Greetings! I just joined the 30-club in September... and like you, don't want to start 2010 with a ton of weight to lose. The gym is always a disaster - it's so frustrating. And living in the midwest... running outside just isn't an option. My focus is to lose a pound a week between now and christmas - 7lbs. Then I have 5-10 to go to be at goal!
skinnychicagogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #9  
On my way back to me

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

I'm 29 too, and I also "don't belong" in the 20-something's group. I too am starting my journey now instead of waiting until January! Welcome.
ChristaP516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/176.2/150

Height: 5'3"

I have felt that I don't belong there for a few months, too, but I turned 30 yesterday, so now I officially don't belong. I have been losing weight all year, but it's been slow going. I'd like to hit 180 before Jan 1, but I don't know if I will.
anmitche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #11  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi everyone,

I am a 30 something Canadian girl and have a long way to go but want to start 2010 already in the 'zone' and habits somewhat altered. I figure if I can (no I will) make it through the holiday season, I will have a head start on all the people with the New Years resolutions I also don't want to spend yet another summer covered up so I determined to lose enough weight to wear shorts, maybe even a swimsuit - oh god!!!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 236.5 (pg)/209/150

Jingle with less Jiggle- LOL! I like that!!!
fattybobatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #13  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

We always head to Disneyworld in May and the kids want to go to the waterparks...and of course, the photographers are everywhere....

I would like this year's pics to be non-horrifying. Also, dieting through the holidays means I don't gain through the holidays: bonus!
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220

Height: 5'8"

I hear all of you; while I don't entertain any grand ambitions of reaching under 200 pounds by January 1st with the holidays in the way, I'm looking forward to a healthy Xmas with my sister. My parents are lovely but they have so much baking, etc. that it is hard to eat healthy, and they get mad if you don't eat it. My sister and I have always been more healthful (her more than me) and we're spending it together this year, so it will be awesome and full of veggies .

At Thanksgiving I went to the second family dinner but restricted myself to some turkey and veggies at that one, no potatoes, no gravy. I think this strategy worked well and recommend it for anyone going to lots of holiday dinner parties. Lean meat and veg and a small treat, if anyone says anything just smile at them and share that you are doing your best to look your best. Or you could just borrow a quote from Dollhouse and say "I am always my best" with a bland look on your face, that'll get some stares .
angelawest is offline   Reply With Quote