View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
Deena52

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hehe...if you can't pronounce it, don't eat it. That sounds like a great rule. Most likely an added chemical you don't need.

I do mainly fish and chicken, as I care for my dad and that's what he likes. Also eggs, cheese....but I always make sure to get at least 15 Gm. of net carbs. I adore roasting and steaming veggies. Roasting brings out the sweetness. I toss cubed eggplant and a few sliced peppers with olive oil and a little salt and roast it...delicious. I also steam broccoli, spinach, or cauliflower...add butter and a little feta and shredded cheddar...and saute sliced mushrooms in butter and add a bit of feta and cheddar. Delicious. These veggies are my treats for the day.

I love this diet because I'm never hungry. I also like that thanks to the adequate fat, I don't get that drawn-in-the-face look....where it looks like you're losing all you're weight in your face...which can be quite disheartening.

You're right...better off without the splenda altogether, really. Much easier living without sweet cravings. Why are you only using egg whites? Worried about cholesterol?
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote