Old 10-24-2009, 03:03 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Bonjour mes Chickies!

Just checking back in, had a wonderful time in Paris, what a beautiful city, and lovely people, I can't wait to go again.

I'm still full of flight water weight, so decline to state exactly what I weight yet! I walked my feet off, though, and didn't eat much, mainly because I was attacked with a bug/the water/don't know what the first evening and just didn't dare risk eating much.

I'll catch up to all the posts I've missed later today, once I get back from a whole bunch of workmeetings this morning.

Hope you're all good!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:24 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well looks who's back. Welcome. Welcome. You've been greatly missed. I actually thought about you a few times, hoping you were enjoying yourself - and it's sounds like you have.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #3  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back! I've been thinking of you and wondering how your trip was, so glad you had a nice time.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #4  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome back!!! Sounds like you had a great time -- sorry about getting sick though!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Welcome back
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #6  

Welcome Back - Glad you had a great time (except for the bug).
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:08 AM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Glad you had a good time!! Welcome back!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #8  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Back! Hope you had a Great Time! Hope to hear more about your trip. How was the food and the sights? Sorry to hear you were sick.

Last edited by VickieLou; 10-26-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Add information.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #9  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome back!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #10  

Height: 5'11"

Welcome back! I was about to send out le search parti for you! Sorry that you were sick but it sounds like you still had a great time.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

I really missed your posts and thought about you several times. I'm so glad you're back and had a great time in Paris! Do you speak French also?
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:32 AM   #12  
Happy Plodder

Thankyou for the welcomes back.
I do speak French but I want to do better, I'm looking round for some conversational classes, because my vocabulary is the most lacking. It was fun when I arrived at the hotel though because the nice lady on reception was all: Where is Madame from?
From England.
From England? Ah mais non, Madame speaks such good French. (It's not brilliant actually but my accent is good.)
but yes, I promise you. And you, Madame, you also speak such good English.
Ah mais non.
And so on and so on. I got a really nice room - maybe they all are but I like to think I parlayed my way into it.

I used the tripadvisor Paris forum extensively, and noted that a lot of visitors have huge great checklists of must-dos, and seem almost panicked if they don't get them in. I decided that I wanted to do some quite specific things, including attending an Anglican church service and going shopping for resources in a Christian bookshop, against the backdrop of a beautiful place. For me that worked really well.

The Sunday, when I got out of the metro/tube/underground for church, I looked behind me and there was the Arc de Triomphe! Wow! Very little traffic and few tourists at that time, so I got some good pictures.
Later that day I went to the theatre, and at the end fo the street there was the Eiffel Tower! Wow! It was just before sunset, so again, I got some good pictures.

One day I rode the hop on hop off tourist bus quite extensively, and just let the city unfold in front of me. One day I had a private and free guided walk through an organization called Parisien d'un jour, when a real live Parisian shows you round a favourite part of their city.

I walked and walked and walked too - it was beautiful, autumnal weather, quite mild, no rain, and the city was looking gorjus!

Do we have any chickies currently in Paris? There's a really good market near the Bastille on a Sunday morning and I got lots of bits of jewellery for Christmas presents but there's one necklace I'd really like one more of, if anyone's passing!

I liked Paris so well, I'm going back in March. I'm really lucky to live so close, I've already booked by budget flight, can get to the airport and back (both ends) by public transport, and the whole journey will cost me under £60. Hotels, opera and kennels for the dogs to add onto that, of course, but the fare is ludicrously cheap.

I've had a really but really tiring time since I got back, we had our big Feast of Title Sunday celebrations yesterday, but I've wowked up relieved that's over and absolutely queued up on the runway to take off back into weightloss. Ooo lala!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:23 AM   #13  

I'm in Paris! And I will be for another month. Paris is pretty awesome, even though it kinda smells bad at times and Parisian men can be rather creepy. I LOVE the Arc de Triomphe, I live right down the street from it. And I have to say, the food here is AWESOME and I've lost 10 pounds already. I will have to check out this jewelry market too.

Je suis heureuse que vous vous êtes bien amusée en Paris!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #14  
Happy Plodder

Je me suis TRES bien amusee en Paris!
I'm very envious of you being there - on the other hand, in just 3 whole and 2 half days, I didn't have chance to meet any creepy men, smelly streets etc, I think brief visits keep the rose-coloured glasses working longer!
Ah, la vie en rose!

The jewellery is nearer the Bastille end of the Bd Richard Lenoir market. Very cheap and cheerful, not 'quality' but fun. If you go and see a cord necklace with lots of multicoloured squares hanging onto it, in a triple row of cords and with a very simple loop and bead fastening - for €3!!!! - I'd happily send you the money and postage. I bought this for me but when I looked at it properly, I knew my aged mother would love it. I Know I should give it to her, I spent the rest of my time in Paris scouring the shops for another, cos I Love it! I've hardly had it off since. Sigh. A conscience is a terrible thing.

I found a really nice cafe at the corner of Sevres and des Peres, just past the Sevres-Babylone metro. Just a nice kind of place to make your own, cosy, comfy. I originally planned to stay my next time near there - but turns out that's a v. expensive area, so instead I'm going right out to Gobelins in the 13e. Can't wait!
PS Well done on the 10lbs!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I'm so jealous of you all and your parisness! I was there all of last year, and I miss it. Good job on losing, peachy, I gained while I was there!

I lived pretty close to that market by Bastille, Rosinate--it is amazing!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote