General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Life is Beautiful!

Similar to the thread EZMONEY started about life not being all bad... I wanted to share something really beautiful that I saw last night -

Just after dark, I came outside and it was cool and crisp (for the desert, it was about 70 degrees!). The moon was just a fingernail sliver in the sky, and a saguaro (cactus) was silhouetted against the navy blue sky. Walking to my car never felt so wonderful!

Have you seen some beauty in your life recently? Please share!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

A couple days ago we were overcast, and I happened to be driving west right at sunset. As I travelled over a mile or so, the sun dropped from behind a cloud. It was that bright dark orange you get on overcast days that you can look at directly because of the haze. It was stunning.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

This morning it was cool enough that a sweatshirt was needed but warm enough for shorts. Me and the mutts took off about 6:40 for our walk. We walk an area that is lined with a lot of tall and mature pine trees and also eucalyptus trees. The sun was breaking up over the mountains in the east...as the sun rose, along the walk, it remained breezy cool in the ares of shade and warm in the light of the sun....passed several people on their walks...all of us remarking what a gorgeous morning it was...

it sure was.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:17 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

The trees in my backyard are beautiful shades of orange, gold, burgundy and green. Even though it's been raining for two days and everything is soggy, the grass is very green, the mums & asters are beautiful shades of yellow, rust and purple. And I have two adorable little black puppies who love to chase the blowing leaves! Life is beautiful!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Yesterday it was raining and I was looking out in the back yard at our fish pond when our almost 2 foot long koi decided to jump and somersault. He was beautiful flying through the rain drops. The rain always makes him frisky.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

I just love the autumn. Everything looks so gorgeous. I love seeing the trees outside my flat gradually changing colours day by day. I love the crispness of the evenings here. Everyday I walk to the train station I take it all in and it puts me in a good mood.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #7  

Height: 5'11"

Yesterday was rainy and gloomy and, after dark, the wind blew like crazy. It must have blown all the clouds away because today dawned clear and sunny. I drove to town, and when I came back home there were lots of little gold leaves lying all over the ground. A family was standing by their car, and as I drove by a little girl bent over and scooped up a big double-handful of those golden leaves and tossed them up into the air. It was beautiful and it made me smile.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote