Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Default After dinner hunger, need support!

Ughh i already had dinner and now i'm just bored, I guess. I don't normally crave food this much, ever. I know i need to work out in half an hour and that'll help and I just found a piece of gum so hopefully that'll work. I'm definitely not HUNGRY hungry, just mouth hungry lameee

Anyone else feel this way?
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I get this feeling sometimes. I think it's just a desire to fill a void. Something is bothering me or, like you, I could just be bored. It's great that you know this is the case. Stay strong, distract yourself, think about your goal, clean out your closet, look online for cute clothes you plan to buy when you reach your next size, chew some gum, call a friend, etc....do anything to get through this desire. It can sometimes go away within 15 minutes. If it doesn't, just know that sometimes, when you feel hungry, and you've had your calories for the day, that is your body's time to lose weight....I heard that on Oprah once. I don't know how true that is, but I know that it helps keep me motivated not to go over my calories. Hang in there. You can do this!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

All the time. I use gum a lot to help me -- here are some more ideas.

Have a glass of water or tea
Keep busy/active (don't just watch tv)
Brush your teeth (don't want to ruin the minty taste)
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Height: 5'8"

I do exactly what Heather said. Only thing I'll add is that I've also gone to bed early to avoid having to eat. I figure it's a win-win since I won't eat those extra calories and will get extra rest (which I always need more of).
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Oh, and the other thing that helps -- get away from the kitchen!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #6  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

More than half my weight is from binging at night, i will take all the suggestions I can get on how to stop night time eating.
Brushing my teeth and going to bed with a good book is a good one, no more staying up till 1:00.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #7  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

I am a night eater so I can relate. Last night was my first really tough night since I started last week. I made it through and only went over my calories by 75. I think I struggled because in the afternoon I didn't eat enough and I was more active than usual yesterday so I felt "hungry."

I need to go buy some gum because I think that would really help.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #8  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I agree with the gum as well. Distract yourself and stay focused!!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #9  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

Please note that this absolutely does not work for everybody, but I tend to backload my calorie budget for the day. I just don't get very hungry early in the day, so my first two meals are very light, my dinner is somewhat larger, and I leave room for healthy snacks after. Eating more heavily early in the day, in the hope of not being as hungry in the evening simply doesn't work for me.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'6"

Hot herbal tea helps me stave off binges...
Sailorlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #11  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

It's not often that I feel really hungry any more. But I do get that munchy feeling where you just want to be chewing on something. The first thing I do when I notice this feeling coming on is drink water. I try to drink about a cup of water, wait 10 minutes or so and reevaluate. Generally, the only time I'll let myself eat more at night is if it's hunger pangs. But I know how to differentiate and, like Catherine, I tend to have larger dinners in the evening so I don't get them very often. I tend to only feel truly hungry in the early morning before I've eaten breakfast and in the early afternoon between lunch and dinner. Typically on my drive home... But it's a long drive home.
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

These are realllly good suggestions! I fought it out last night and succeeded in not eating anymore, yayy!

Thanks everyone
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/160/135

Height: 5'8"

These are great suggestions that I need to implement myself as this is the WORST time of day for me. It's especially hard because my skinny husband gets to snack on whatever and I'm trying to be good and adjust my attitude towards food. I keep telling myself that it will get better and easier as time goes by!
gr8danemom is offline   Reply With Quote